User Essentials [Paid] [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
That log is useful but not visible for moderators (if I'm correct).
All the moderators must be able to see that log...

Something else... the admin log gives me:
Code:
User: testruud3, <the correct ip adress>

Date: 4 minutes ago

Action: User name changed from 'testruud'

IP Address: 3586269282

Content: New User Name: testruud3

The 3rd line isn't correct, it should show the ip-adress from the first line.

Thanks, I'll fix the above IP issue.
Viewing logs is an Admin action. If you want to let moderators view username changes, then it has to be elsewhere.
Perhaps a tab in the user profile?

If you could add a tab in the profile when a user changes his/her nickname that would be great! Maybe add extra rights ("only mods/admins/registered users/everyone can view this tab") or something like that).

Syndol updated User Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.4

What's new:
  • Added an option to display user name changes via a tab on the profile page
  • Added the logging of posts being soft deleted by users
  • Fixed the IP address not showing correctly for some actions in the user log
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the folder 'Upload/library/UserEss' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Upgrade the addon-UserEss_104.xml
  3. Navigate to the Options page and set who may view this new tab

Read the rest of this update entry...

I simple moderation statistics for my staff. Statistics could be accessed from admincp like the daily statistics.

Edited Messages
Deleted Messages
How Many Warnings Given
Spam Moderation Usage
Answered Messages (in specified forums)

Would this make into this addon?

This may have been covered in the thread, so I apologize if it has: Is the actual viewing of the edit history controlled at the usergroup level? In other words, can I have it so that only my mods and admins can view the actual post history? Everyone else would just see "Last edited by JohnQ at 9:19am"?

The actual history can only be viewed by Admins or Admins & Moderators.
Who may view the history and Last edited by can be set via the options page. Please see the images on the main page of this resource.

Syndol updated User Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.5

What's new:
  • Added an option to include ACP username changes in the list of previous names of a user. If set, these will display on both the member's profile name change tab and the name change form on their account page
  • Fixed a message that kept popping up in the error log. While performance was never affected, this needed to be corrected
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the folder 'Upload/library/UserEss' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Upgrade the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have a small suggestion for this option:
Minimum number of characters (including BB Code) that need to be added to or removed from the message, or changed within words (line swaps), in order to trigger the logging of the edit post action. This allows for the correction of spelling mistakes or grammatical errors without considering the post as edited.

Can you please make it that edits from foreign persons are always logged, regardless of the number of characters added/removed?

Edit: Another idea: Currently users can overwrite important staff member edits, such as this here:
staffedit.webp
How about allowing staff to make edits that can't be overwritten by non-staff members? :)

Can you please make it that edits from foreign persons are always logged, regardless of the number of characters added/removed?
Good idea. I'll add this option to the next version. The option will allow Admins and Mods to ignore the minimum characters and post creation grace period whenever editing a member's post, thus always logging the "Edited by".
How about allowing staff to make edits that can't be overwritten by non-staff members?
To make it so edits by Mods can never be changed would be quite straight forwards to do, but is not something that most people want in my opinion.
To have it as an option to "lock" the post after an edit, is a little more complex, and so I would require at least 3 people to be interested in this before I will look into it any further.

Thanks for your feedback.

Good idea. I'll add this option to the next version. The option will allow Admins and Mods to ignore the minimum characters and post creation grace period whenever editing a member's post, thus always logging the "Edited by".
Awesome. Thank you very much :)

To make it so edits by Mods can never be changed would be quite straight forwards to do, but is not something that most people want in my opinion.
To have it as an option to "lock" the post after an edit, is a little more complex, and so I would require at least 3 people to be interested in this before I will look into it any further.

Thanks for your feedback.
Hmm.. locking individual posts is a nice idea, but also has its disadvantage since it wouldn't allow a user to edit his post to add something important anymore. I thought about making an additional staff edit option that is not availabe for normal members. Somethink like this:
staff_edit.webp
The staff edit should then be displayed as long as no staff member removes it, regardless if a user has edited his post after the staff edit. You can put staff edits in their own div container, for instance:
HTML:
<div class="staffedit=">Staff message here</div>
and let the admin decide via an option in the ACP whether the staff edit shall be displayed at the very top of the post or at the bottom :)

The staff edit should then be displayed as long as no staff member removes it, regardless if a user has edited his post after the staff edit.
OK I misunderstood what you meant earlier, but like I said above, I'm not sure that forcing text into someone's post is a good idea.
Is anyone else interested in something like this?

I could if enough people were interested in it as I do not wish to bloat this add-on.
Have you tried contacting the author of that add-on to see if he is willing to update it?

I rencently have uninstalled a double post prevention add-on due to its issues. Any change this might get into this addon?
This functionality can hurt your site if you abuse it, because when people are looking for help and they can't bump their threads they get frustrated very easily. Before I bought XenForo I was a user of a free board software and over there posts from the same author are merged immediately if no 24 hours is between them and it got on my nerves very quickly. It's a bad idea to force merging posts of users. A better idea is to teach them to use the edit button.

I could if enough people were interested in it as I do not wish to bloat this add-on.
Have you tried contacting the author of that add-on to see if he is willing to update it?

Yes I did, several times in fact. First posting to the original thread in the russian support site and then here via PC, with no luck. IMHO this is easily an essential feature.

This functionality can hurt your site if you abuse it, because when people are looking for help and they can't bump their threads they get frustrated very easily. Before I bought XenForo I was a user of a free board software and over there posts from the same author are merged immediately if no 24 hours is between them and it got on my nerves very quickly. It's a bad idea to force merging posts of users. A better idea is to teach them to use the edit button.

The addon was automaticly updating the message with the previously send one and updated also the status. So your message would appear recently send. In short, your message would get bumped.

Top Bottom