User Essentials [Paid] [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Ya... Robbo is a keen young fellow and all, but another Ragtek IMHO... beta beta beta. I am not one for buying beta mods that seem not to stem far towards stable products. He has a lot of beta mods that have been at the same beta now for months... they may be great, but not into that type of developer. I want someone who creates stable, well supported mods, not beta beta beta.

I personally know, but I don't feel like to install as it is when you look at the todo list. Also Robbo said he was not sure to put some effort on it because XF might have such features. At the end, his plugin would be interesting only in the 1.0 gold and it doesn't seem it will happen soon.

I should add to my above... Syndol, you have demonstrated yourself to create stable, well supported mods to date... thus your history depicts that I would rather buy this from you than a beta developer.

I'll look into adding post edit history to this add-on.
Please, please, make use of overlays when showing the post edit history.

If needed I can do some mockups when I get more time. It just makes it much cleaner than injecting it directly into the message templates.

I'll be purchasing this add-on when I convert my vB forum to XF later this year. Thanks for putting it out there!

Ya... Robbo is a keen young fellow and all, but another Ragtek IMHO... beta beta beta. I am not one for buying beta mods that seem not to stem far towards stable products. He has a lot of beta mods that have been at the same beta now for months... they may be great, but not into that type of developer. I want someone who creates stable, well supported mods, not beta beta beta.
The reasons my add-ons are in beta is because I hold my products to very high quality and some are missing features. They are actually more stable then a lot of add-ons for XenForo. And really, well supported? I challenge you to find someone who supports their add-ons better. I provide personal, real time support for people when they need it. That is simply offensive after the time I put into it. I could slap 1.0 stable on any of my add-ons and probably produce no extra bugs just for a money grab. I could also charge a LOT more for them if I wanted. Especially the revenue generating ones. There are very few XenForo developers who actually create high quality code, I have looked at just about all their code at some point (Syndol is one such developer). However I don't think there are any others who actually work as a website developer full time with XenForo.

Please, please, make use of overlays when showing the post edit history.

If needed I can do some mockups when I get more time. It just makes it much cleaner than injecting it directly into the message templates.
Haven't used my one? It does much better than messy overlays for everything.

I'm only posting to defend myself, not to direct people to my add-ons before anyone accuses me of that as well.

Can you add change owner of post/thread for Moderator tools? Sometime, I would like to change many threads/posts of an user to another.

Thanks.

Syndol updated User Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1
New images on the resource page.

What's new:
  • Added option to Lock/Unlock own thread
  • Added edit reason
  • Added post edit history, but without the ability to comapre posts
  • User name changes by those who have registered using Facebook are now asked to set a password prior to changing name
  • Options on who can view edit history and reason, as well as placement locations
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the folder 'Upload/library/UserEss/' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. There are...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Post editing is sweet Syndol. Very impressive on how you did it. Can quickly view each post edit from the popup, which is very nice to subdue user issues or revert existing posts if needed.

Agreed, very impressive update. May I ask how the post edit history is implemented in the database?

Agreed. Just told my friend to buy this.

There are two (2) template edits that needs doing. If you have TMS installed, then it will be automatically done for you when you install the add-on in the next step. Otherwise, open the 'Template Edits' folder and locate the 'post_edit' and 'post_edit_inline' text files. In the ACP, overwrite these templates with the ones provided. If a template was previously modified, simply add the commented bold text from the template provided to your existing modified one.

Wow. TMS is cool. Syndol ... how did you add support for TMS in this addon ?

I am not sure if I really need post edit history or the addon's current features but I will buy the addon if you add post edit history (for value :)).
Purchased and installed. It's working as described. Great work!

Top Bottom