Report Centre Essentials

Report Centre Essentials [Paid] 2.12.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Report Centre Essentials - Extend Report Centre with multiple report queues and queue auto-assignment rules

Implements report queues, with auto-assignment rules and handy search links
  • Multiple queues to manage reports with
    • Usergroup-based access to queues
    • Flexible auto-assignment rules
  • Optional, Auto-report on new threads in a set of forums
  • Overview page with all report queues
  • Opt-out of report queues to display in the mod bar
  • Report & moderator statistics on the front-end
  • Adds search links to reports, threads and user card to quickly find reports &...

Read more about this resource...

Hello

Looks interesting but for 45$ at least some screens would be appreciated to have a better view of this addon

I'm still in the process of adding screenshots for the XF2 version, but there are near identical screenshots for the XF1 version which have the same functionality (XF2 version actually has slightly more functionality).

Clicking the all reports against user or all warnings results in a popup error

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.

I'm not exactly sure I understand what a report queue is.
A report queue, is just a list of reports. There are then rules to assign reports to a queue.

This can help if you have some types of reports which take longer than others to resolve, or if you want them to be only viewable to some user group.

The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.
Have you indexed report comments and reports ?

You'll need Search Improvements (free) to make the search links work properly (forgot that add-on is used to kick search, may need to port that into this add-on), I'll update the add-on description.

A report queue, is just a list of reports. There are then rules to assign reports to a queue.

Understood, folders for reports. Good idea, but there is some style/nav logic that is really dumbfounding. For some reason it overwrites the main report phrase and replaces it with the main report queue. So in the admin/mod bar it replaces "Reports" with say "Physics Reports". Confusing. Second, it's completely not obvious that it adds a navigation drop down while in report queue. This is not usual convention. It makes going between queues really bothersome. The best way to handle this is just add the queue listings at the top of each queue. Just like a sub forum listings. If you are worried about showing too many, make it a hide/show container. Also just add a button for the stats pages in the main queue area. A drop down nav menu is a really bad idea and makes it all feel disconnected. Lastly if a queue is not enabled in the staff bar then report counts aren't visible I assume as it segments the queues. Obviously if you have a dozen queues you can't put them all in the staff bar, so then really you have a situation where staff starts not being alerted to new reports.

This addon has a lot of promise, but right now it's got a lot of fundamental usability issues. Maybe revert to a simple folder style, or report labels/prefixes would be great instead that you can easily filter. Right now this is bulky and frustrating.

Have you indexed report comments and reports ?

You'll need Search Improvements (free) to make the search links work properly (forgot that add-on is used to kick search, may need to port that into this add-on), I'll update the add-on description.

How was this not mentioned anywhere? I'm surprised no one else had issues . 😛

update, I just installed the search improvements, rebuilt reports and report comments and the issue persists.

I'm also having serious issue getting a simple queue rule to work. I have first two criteria areas ignored. Then select match of all and content type of post and select a forum. I want to push posts reports for that forum into a specific queue. For some reason it doesn't work and just dumps into main. gah!

Last edited:
Understood, folders for reports. Good idea, but there is some style/nav logic that is really dumbfounding. For some reason it overwrites the main report phrase and replaces it with the main report queue. So in the admin/mod bar it replaces "Reports" with say "Physics Reports". Confusing. Second, it's completely not obvious that it adds a navigation drop down while in report queue. This is not usual convention. It makes going between queues really bothersome. The best way to handle this is just add the queue listings at the top of each queue. Just like a sub forum listings. If you are worried about showing too many, make it a hide/show container. Also just add a button for the stats pages in the main queue area. A drop down nav menu is a really bad idea and makes it all feel disconnected. Lastly if a queue is not enabled in the staff bar then report counts aren't visible I assume as it segments the queues. Obviously if you have a dozen queues you can't put them all in the staff bar, so then really you have a situation where staff starts not being alerted to new reports.

This addon has a lot of promise, but right now it's got a lot of fundamental usability issues. Maybe revert to a simple folder style, or report labels/prefixes would be great instead that you can easily filter. Right now this is bulky and frustrating.
The Report queues can be easily renamed, and the default 'main' queue is just named "Reports".

This add-on simply copies how XF report button works, which gets removed when there is nothing to-do (ie no open reports). This add-on just adds more queues/report buttons which can show if there is something to be done.

Not showing all the queues is deliberate, as otherwise with +10 queues the staff bar becomes near unusable. Yes, switching between queues is a bit clunky, but not a huge issue. And it is an explicit design goal to allow staff to not see a given queue in the staff bar but still access it.

The 'queues' functionality is strongly inspired by my work experience with ticket systems.

How was this not mentioned anywhere? I'm surprised no one else had issues . 😛

update, I just installed the search improvements, rebuilt reports and report comments and the issue persists.
Are you using ElasticSearch or MySQL search? I might not have fully tested it against the MySQL search.

I'm also having serious issue getting a simple queue rule to work. I have first two criteria areas ignored. Then select match of all and content type of post and select a forum. I want to push posts reports for that forum into a specific queue. For some reason it doesn't work and just dumps into main. gah!
Will need screenshots of the report queue assignment rules, as that configuration works locally for me. Maybe opening a ticket with an admincp login so I can inspect the confihuration and replicate it to my local environment would help.

The report queue rules when the report is created, so reporting content which has a report isn't going to change the queue it is in.

Not showing all the queues is deliberate, as otherwise with +10 queues the staff bar becomes near unusable. Yes, switching between queues is a bit clunky, but not a huge issue. And it is an explicit design goal to allow staff to not see a given queue in the staff bar but still access it.

I think the switching is a huge issue. For the most part humans work off the concept of out of sight, out of mind. This structure moves a lot of reports really out of sight. Having to click a link just to see the different queues is really annoying coming from a system of everything is contained on one page. The percentage time mods will check in to those queues will be vastly reduced. I feel this is making it more difficult on a volunteer staff. I want them spending as little time in mod functions as possible and more time in the forums. I suppose that is just my situation.

One of the big issues is there is no way to get to the overview outside of reports without selecting a specific queue in the mod bar. That creates an annoying unintutive extra click.

Are you using ElasticSearch or MySQL search? I might not have fully tested it against the MySQL search.

ElasticSearch

Will need screenshots of the report queue assignment rules, as that configuration works locally for me. Maybe opening a ticket with an admincp login so I can inspect the confihuration and replicate it to my local environment would help.

I'll do that if I feel more confident about this addon. I just don't want to create a more cumbersome system for my mods. I'm fairly inclined and I've really been frustrated with this one and I really enjoyed your addons overall. The search links if I can get to work are really useful. Maybe add those to the report essentials.

Last edited:

This can only happen when using MySQL search, XenForo Enhanced search just does not trigger it.

I'll look into fixing support for MySQL support.

I think the switching is a huge issue. For the most part humans work off the concept of out of sight, out of mind. This structure moves a lot of reports really out of sight. Having to click a link just to see the different queues is really annoying coming from a system of everything is contained on one page. The percentage time mods will check in to those queues will be vastly reduced. I feel this is making it more difficult on a volunteer staff. I want them spending as little time in mod functions as possible and more time in the forums. I suppose that is just my situation.

One of the big issues is there is no way to get to the overview outside of reports without selecting a specific queue in the mod bar. That creates an annoying unintutive extra click.
I can look into improving it, it is just I've got a pile of other add-ons on my plate (Content Rating for XF2.1 is a major one). You can avoid most of what you describe by just using one queue (or a few queues for just a small number of people).

This can only happen when using MySQL search, XenForo Enhanced search just does not trigger it.

I'll look into fixing support for MySQL support.

ah yes, I am running 2.1 in a test environment and has mysql search, my mistake.

I can look into improving it, it is just I've got a pile of other add-ons on my plate (Content Rating for XF2.1 is a major one). You can avoid most of what you describe by just using one queue (or a few queues for just a small number of people).

And ES essentials :)

I'm using a Pixel Exit theme by @Russ and when this addon is enabled it removes the font awesome icon that is to the left of the report phrase in the top mod bar. Any ideas?

I'm using a Pixel Exit theme by @Russ and when this addon is enabled it removes the font awesome icon that is to the left of the report phrase in the top mod bar. Any ideas?
Will require updating the svReportEss_PAGE_CONTAINER_report_queues template to have the font awesome icon as it has slightly different HTML/CSS

Top Bottom