UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Quick question if I could ask. I want to one of the AD styler backgrounds as the default background theme. I have tried doing this but can't seem to get it working properly, is there anything specific I would need to do? I just went to page background then found the file, repeat but didn't work.
You can do that in : Style Properties general
Select body, set path to you background-image, select repeat en position 0 0

I'm encountering an issue that I don't want to noodle with too much and break something.

I get the templates out dated message, and when I go to look here's the list (attached).

When I click automatically merge changes, nothing takes place. If I go to merge the changed, I get the message:
Error
No previous version of the parent could be found. Merging is not possible.

What should I do when this occurs (and/or what is causing that)? I *think* it may have popped up (judging from the list) after I installed the XFMG and Resources add ons.

Thanks!

Attachments

• uix-template_outdated.webp
    uix-template_outdated.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 28
I'm encountering an issue that I don't want to noodle with too much and break something.

I get the templates out dated message, and when I go to look here's the list (attached).

When I click automatically merge changes, nothing takes place. If I go to merge the changed, I get the message:

What should I do when this occurs (and/or what is causing that)? I *think* it may have popped up (judging from the list) after I installed the XFMG and Resources add ons.

Thanks!
This is kind of a bug in XenForo. The order in which you install UI.X vs when you install XenForo and when you install the addons will give you merge errors. Rest assured they are not actually outdated. Just a false message.

A quick question. I changed the background colour on the quotes and it was to white and hard to tell the difference between a quote and a normal post. It looks much better now bar one small thing, the text 'Click to Expand' at the end of the quote is still in white and you basically cant see it. Can I change this..? if so where..?

A quick question. I changed the background colour on the quotes and it was to white and hard to tell the difference between a quote and a normal post. It looks much better now bar one small thing, the text 'Click to Expand' at the end of the quote is still in white and you basically cant see it. Can I change this..? if so where..?
Can't remember where the setting is, but add this to EXTRA.css
Code:
.bbCodeQuote .quoteContainer .quoteExpand {
color: #000000;
}
You may need to use !important and colour code to suit.

Just purchased and installed UI.X 1.5.0.1 on my forum but I can't seem to get the nav and userbar to sticky to the top of the window. Everything is pretty much at default and all the boxes to enable are checked on the global and navigation menus. Any suggestions?

Also noticed the Fixed navigation options are missing in this version compared to what is shown in the youtube demo video on the ui.x global settings page. Were those removed or moved elsewhere?

Some screenshots of my settings are attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 9.38.59 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 9.38.59 PM.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 9.39.08 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 9.39.08 PM.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 9.40.48 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 9.40.48 PM.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Just purchased and installed UI.X 1.5.0.1 on my forum but I can't seem to get the nav and userbar to sticky to the top of the window. Everything is pretty much at default and all the boxes to enable are checked on the global and navigation menus. Any suggestions?

Also noticed the Fixed navigation options are missing in this version compared to what is shown in the youtube demo video on the ui.x global settings page. Were those removed or moved elsewhere?

Some screenshots of my settings are attached.

Your settings seem correct, except for one thing. If you want it to be sticky all the time, uncheck the "Global Show Sticky on Scroll Up Only" on [UI.X] Header.

All settings you would have seen in the videos have just been moved to other places or refined to better option areas from what I've found.

Let me know if that tweak works for you or not.

Can't remember where the setting is, but add this to EXTRA.css
Code:
.bbCodeQuote .quoteContainer .quoteExpand {
color: #000000;
}
You may need to use !important and colour code to suit.

I think this is a styling bug @Mike Creuzer . Mine looks to be using the body color vs. content color on UI.X.

I added this to extra.CSS and it fixes it. @TJA if you do it this way it gives the theme palette control (and no need for important):

.quoteContainer .quoteExpand.quoteCut {
color: @contentText;
}

@Mike Creuzer here are those other couple styling issues I ran into, I'll let you determine if I overlooked something or if they are little styling bugs, thanks!

Working on the mobile styling, I saw on the welcome popup block contents (specifically the H3 block) were skewed to the left, which made it look unbalanced since it is text-centered to the middle on small screens (it had a right padding set on it to clear way for the "X" that closes the box).

This was my solution:

Code:
@media (max-width: @maxResponsiveNarrowWidth) {

#uix_welcomeBlock a.close::before {
        position: absolute;
        right: 0;
    }

#uix_welcomeBlock.uix_welcomeBlock_fixed h3.uix_welcomeBlockHeader {
        margin-right: 0;
    }

}

Also, if the logo image is trimmed up to the exact image height (no padding built within the image itself), the logo on mobile hits the top of the mobile screen, no default padding is set. I added the bit below:

Code:
@media (max-width: @maxResponsiveNarrowWidth) {
    #logo {
        padding: 4px 0;
    }

}

Hope that might help!

Hi,

I just installed this theme. Now I wnated to switch the colour scheme to one of the other 2 presetet colours (background etc.) that I saw somewhere in the video. But do not find the spot in the video anymoe. How do I change the colour to another one of your presets with this theme (more orange/red one)?

Your settings seem correct, except for one thing. If you want it to be sticky all the time, uncheck the "Global Show Sticky on Scroll Up Only" on [UI.X] Header.

All settings you would have seen in the videos have just been moved to other places or refined to better option areas from what I've found.

Let me know if that tweak works for you or not.

Strangely I discovered the issue only happens on my MacBook in both Chrome and Safari. On the macs and my Windows PC at work it works fine.

Strangely I discovered the issue only happens on my MacBook in both Chrome and Safari. On the macs and my Windows PC at work it works fine.

Interesting. I test on my Windows 7 PC, ipad, mobile phone and a Macbook and all are good. Is it an old "outdated" Macbook or anything?

Hi,

I just installed this theme. Now I wnated to switch the colour scheme to one of the other 2 presetet colours (background etc.) that I saw somewhere in the video. But do not find the spot in the video anymoe. How do I change the colour to another one of your presets with this theme (more orange/red one)?

@snoopy5 I think what you're thinking of is the AD Styler, and the default Styler Swatches / Presets you can have enabled. FYI this is something the end user has access to and can change it around based on the options you set up for it.

You can find it by going to:
Appearance > Styles > Click "style Properties" of your active theme (the child that gets created) > [UI.X] AD Styler > Click the checkbox for "Enable AD Styler" and "Enable Ad Styler Swatches" should already be checked.

The second thing you need to do is enable the user permissions how you see fit, so that users can see and use it:
Users > Group Permissions > Click "Registered" (or whatever user group you want to give access for) > scroll to bottom and select "Allow" under the [Audentio] UI.X Permissions section, pertaining to AD Styler.

Here's the video and section you were thinking of, I think (jump forward to 26 minutes)?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
I don't know if this is a UI.X thing or a xenforo thing but how can i remove the box at the bottom of posts that let's you (if you are a moderator) edit the posts? I think 'Thread Tools' and the Edit button is just fine. The clickable box just clutters the post a bit.

I don't know if this is a UI.X thing or a xenforo thing but how can i remove the box at the bottom of posts that let's you (if you are a moderator) edit the posts? I think 'Thread Tools' and the Edit button is just fine. The clickable box just clutters the post a bit.

I think it's a xenForo thing.

You can add this to EXTRA.css for your theme (UI.X child theme) and it should hide it for you:

#InlineModOverlay {
display: none !important;
}

I have my login button as an overlay pointed at
http://DOMAINNAME.com/login

I used these instructions to make it an overlay: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/change-login-bar-to-an-overlay.480/

When I go to the /login page directly the text control style attributes are applied.
But when I click the login in box and get an overlay, they are still grabbing style attributes from somewhere else. Having a little difficulty understanding changing the CSS of this overlay. Notably, I want to change the border and background of text entry boxes on the overlay. They are currently a light color that is difficulty to see on the white background.

Thanks for any assistance

I have my login button as an overlay pointed at
http://DOMAINNAME.com/login

I used these instructions to make it an overlay: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/change-login-bar-to-an-overlay.480/

When I go to the /login page directly the text control style attributes are applied.
But when I click the login in box and get an overlay, they are still grabbing style attributes from somewhere else. Having a little difficulty understanding changing the CSS of this overlay. Notably, I want to change the border and background of text entry boxes on the overlay. They are currently a light color that is difficulty to see on the white background.

Thanks for any assistance
We offer an overlay built in. Its under UI.X Header under login style. Now, depending on what you changed here, it might not work anymore :P. But give it a try.

We offer an overlay built in. Its under UI.X Header under login style. Now, depending on what you changed here, it might not work anymore :p. But give it a try.

Okay I'm back to stock and using the UI.X modal - What setting should edit the modal login appearance?

Top is the modal
Bottom is the direct link

I see some text control variables to change in several different UI.X options. Some cause changes to the direct link but don't seem to impact the modal (yes I'm using just the UI.X modal)
uixlogin.webp

Top Bottom