UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
There is the header and navigation style property group or the UI.X Logo logo block style property, either or depending on if you want the background full width or not. And the navbar is also in header and navigation style property group.

I want the whole top part from the top of the nav bar to the top of the page to be a image from the internet and the nav bar to be blue and a bit transparent so u see the background

A lot of my users suggested a color picker for the theme. They'd rather set their own colors for the node headers and the green user bar. Do you think this could be implemented?

A lot of my users suggested a color picker for the theme. They'd rather set their own colors for the node headers and the green user bar. Do you think this could be implemented?
We have the AD styler. It can be customized to do this. Turn it on and give yourself permissions to use it to see what it does. Its in the footer.

Can someone pleaqse explain to me what the node type "node layout seperator" is and importantly how to use it. If anyone has any examples I could see then I think that will help my understanding.

I've read the small paragraph about this in the ui.x docs but I'm struggling to see it's purpose. I made a layout seperator node within some other nodes to see it's function but it has no effect.

~ confused

Can someone pleaqse explain to me what the node type "node layout seperator" is and importantly how to use it. If anyone has any examples I could see then I think that will help my understanding.

I've read the small paragraph about this in the ui.x docs but I'm struggling to see it's purpose. I made a layout seperator node within some other nodes to see it's function but it has no effect.

~ confused

The majority of forums won't have a use for it, its only really for customized layouts. The node separators let you change the node grid settings part of the way through a category basically. The best example I have of it would be http://forums.macrumors.com/. If you look at the News and Article Discussion, it starts in a 1 column layout then goes to two. If you look at the iPhone category it starts in a 3 column layout then goes back to a two. The idea is that you can draw attention to nodes of your choice a bit easier. Let me know if that helps explain things.

Hi Kyler.... yes, that does explain things but I don't appear to be able to get it working...
how would it look in the node tree as I must be doing it wrong?

Hi Kyler.... yes, that does explain things but I don't appear to be able to get it working...

In your style properties under [UI.X] Forum Nodes change "Forum Node Style" to "Node Grid" and it should work :)

Regards,

Jake

You might take a look at this as a start https://www.audentio.com/documentation/uix/UI.X-1.4.5.pdf . There are a few pages on the Node Grid System at the end of that document. In general though, you make a node separator and configure its node grid settings. All nodes inside of the category and after the separator will follow what the separator node sets for a layout so if the separator is half way down a category, the nodes before the separator will follow the layout the category specifies and the nodes after the separator will follow the separator's layout. If you're following that and still have questions let me know :).

Ok.... in that case it isn't working here.

My default is 3 columns..... I've made a node seperator and set that to 1 column but everything after the seperator is still showing in 3 cols.

We have the AD styler. It can be customized to do this. Turn it on and give yourself permissions to use it to see what it does. Its in the footer.

This might sound a bit weird, but users asked about making the "new" indicator label to work with your set tertiary color in the AD Styler. Is this possible?

Screenshot_19-40-25.png

The "1 out of 1" is coming from the post pagination feature we have. You can turn it off under "[UI.X] Header" by unchecking "Enable Post Pagination".

In the current release version it shows up in threads with one post, but I rewrote part of it for the next release so that it will only display if there are multiple posts in a thread. Not sure if that makes any difference for you, just letting you know.

Hi there @kylerc

Is there a reason I can't see the post progression bar? It is checked on the header UiX settings but I can't see it. It does not show up on the navigation bar, but it clearly is enabled..

Hi there @kylerc

Is there a reason I can't see the post progression bar? It is checked on the header UiX settings but I can't see it. It does not show up on the navigation bar, but it clearly is enabled..
Do you have a thread with more than one post? Is your navigation or userbar sticky?

Top Bottom