UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Anybody else have an issue with 'Mark Topics Read' not working on an iphone? I don't have one, so I can't validate this myself, but on my kid's ipad, it's fine, pc is fine, android is fine. Multiple users within our community stated the same issue, but only with an iphone.

Last edited:
A couple questions...

1. How do I stop the navbar scrolling with the page?
2. How do I change the font on the footer headings, page headings, etc using google fonts. The font I'm wanting to use is 'Pacifico', cursive;
3. 'Welcome Block' - How do I get the 'Welcome button URL' pointing to the 'Regsitration page' ?

Last edited:
A couple questions...

1. How do I stop the navbar scrolling with the page?
2. How do I change the font on the footer headings, page headings, etc using google fonts. The font I'm wanting to use is 'Pacifico', cursive;
3. 'Welcome Block' - How do I get the 'Welcome button URL' pointing to the 'Regsitration page' ?

1: Appearance > Style Properties > UI.X > UI.X Navigation > Sticky Navigation [uncheck]
2: Again in UI.X Style Properties > UI.X Typography > Secondary Font (I think)
3: Again in UI.X Style Properties > UI.X Welcome Block > Welcome Button URL - by default it's index.php?register which is what you want.

Last edited:
Is there a way for it to stick to your selected background image? The custom logo font stays but the background image doesn't.

Oh this might be a bug then I thought you were referring to clearing your cookies. We use local storage for the styler. Just so Im clear could you show me a link/screens/video of exactly whats happening?

how to reduce space next to home button? Using 1.4.6 and prefer not to upgrade
View attachment 108948

The version of UI.X you are on might be on where we had some issues with the home icon adding spacing to the right on certain browsers. Upgrading will definitely fix this as I made sure this was not a problem anymore. Otherwise, I would turn off the home tab as icon and just manually add the icon in the navigation template.

I am using side by side nodes but the first category still doesn't display side by side. 2nd category and down works fine.
View attachment 108949

That does look strange, but I can see the search icon is breaking at the top of your screenshot. I imagine this might be a cause. Feel free to send me the URL somehow so I can see whats going on. Tickets work for me.

I just upgraded and star rating looks odd. Incorrect sprite in the latest update??
View attachment 109128

Anyone else getting this? Im unable to replicate.

I would like to be able to mix and match the side-by-side (a.k.a. grid) view with traditional horizontal view on the home page, depending on category. So the top category could have 2 forums displayed horizontally, then second category with a grid of 4 forums, and then a horizontal category again.

Is it possible to have that implemented?

This is indeed possible through the use of node grid separators. This video should be of some help, but you essentially create a node sep to say the min/max columns.

You could have the default be 2, then create a node sep to go back to 1, then another to go back to 2 again. So 2 node seps would be required. But you can do it a few different ways depending on your default settings.

I would like a Quote to customize my UI.X, where/who I need to contact?

Got the message I believe in my inbox. I think I responded thank you!

Anybody else have an issue with 'Mark Topics Read' not working on an iphone? I don't have one, so I can't validate this myself, but on my kid's ipad, it's fine, pc is fine, android is fine. Multiple users within our community stated the same issue, but only with an iphone.

What version of UI.X are you running? This was a bug at some point, MacRumors.com reported it and I believe its fixed now or they would be sure to let us know since their user base is of course running iPhones/iPads.

Can anyone else confirm this on the latest release?

Ratings are showing up like this (4.5 rating). Shows correct in other styles. @Mike Creuzer
View attachment 109593

Im unable to confirm this, feel free to send me a link, its probably some extra css you have.

Oh this might be a bug then I thought you were referring to clearing your cookies. We use local storage for the styler. Just so Im clear could you show me a link/screens/video of exactly whats happening?

Basically I'm setting the custom background I want given in the options in AD Styler and at some point, it is no longer set to the background I selected. I'm not sure if it happens when I clear my cache or what, but it's just a blank background instead of the ones you can choose from.

Also, how can I do custom node icons for my forum?

Mike, I have a problem with the captcha not showing on the lost password popover. Any solutions?

Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 7.50.20 am.webp

It shows when viewing the full page version, just not the popover version.

Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 9.05.40 am.webp

Also, is there anything in relation to the side menu's not working in IOS 7 and some Android versions?

Basically I'm setting te custom background I want given in the options in AD Styler and at some point, it is no longer set to the background I selected. I'm not sure if it happens when I clear my cache or what, but it's just a blank background instead of the ones you can choose from.

Also, how can I do custom node icons for my forum?

In EXTRA.css,

Read
Code:
.node.node_10 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_10 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("path/to/image.png");
    background-position: 0px 0px;
}

Unread
Code:
.node.node_10 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_10 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

Where 10 is the node ID.

Question, is there a way to increase the size of the sub forums font?
The Slingshot Community Forum

Thanks so much guys. :)

You can try something like this is EXTRA.css,

Code:
.nodeInfo .subForumList li .nodeTitle a { font-size: 24px;}

In EXTRA.css,

Read
Code:
.node.node_10 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_10 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
}

Unread
Code:
.node.node_10 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_10 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

Where 10 is the node ID.

You can try something like this is EXTRA.css,

Code:
.nodeInfo .subForumList li .nodeTitle a { font-size: 24px;}
Worked perfectly!! Thanks so much! :)

Mike, I have a problem with the captcha not showing on the lost password popover. Any solutions?

View attachment 110007

It shows when viewing the full page version, just not the popover version.

View attachment 110008

Also, is there anything in relation to the side menu's not working in IOS 7 and some Android versions?
Since no one else has reported, it might be unique to your board. I can try debugging it if you want to make a ticket at Audentio.com

I removed the overlay links from those templates, forcing page load instead of overlay.

As for the new update you released... I notice the forum home now disappears on mobile devices in portrait mode.

I've uninstalled the add-on, created a new child style, still has the issue since the last add-on update.

I removed the overlay links from those templates, forcing page load instead of overlay.

As for the new update you released... I notice the forum home now disappears on mobile devices in portrait mode.

I've uninstalled the add-on, created a new child style, still has the issue since the last add-on update.
Now that is indeed strange, another issue no one has reported. I can take a stab at installing it and seeing if there might be a conflict I'm unaware of.

Thanks Mike... I have disabled your style on my site for now and rolled back to my old one. UIX seems to have a lot of instability issues for users, reported by users. Something works for them, then it doesn't, across mobile devices specifically. Desktop seems to be fine, and I have confirmed their issues via browser stack using the appropriate mobile OS. Side menu's work, don't work, may work if you flip from horizontal to portrait... forum home disappears, reappears depending on portrait / landscape. I'm sorry, but UIX is extremely buggy based on my members experience with it, and verified myself.

I really do hope this improves with time, as I would love to use this theme and extend it to my other sites, but right now... its unstable for use on mobile devices. Over half of my user base are mobile users, so this theme has caused over significant issues for my members.

If you would like to play around with this on my site, I'm happy to setup an admin account for your testing as admin only viewable style... but it is just buggy at best otherwise.

Thanks Mike... I have disabled your style on my site for now and rolled back to my old one. UIX seems to have a lot of instability issues for users, reported by users. Something works for them, then it doesn't, across mobile devices specifically. Desktop seems to be fine, and I have confirmed their issues via browser stack using the appropriate mobile OS. Side menu's work, don't work, may work if you flip from horizontal to portrait... forum home disappears, reappears depending on portrait / landscape. I'm sorry, but UIX is extremely buggy based on my members experience with it, and verified myself.

I really do hope this improves with time, as I would love to use this theme and extend it to my other sites, but right now... its unstable for use on mobile devices. Over half of my user base are mobile users, so this theme has caused over significant issues for my members.

If you would like to play around with this on my site, I'm happy to setup an admin account for your testing as admin only viewable style... but it is just buggy at best otherwise.
MacRumors, cPanel, Rivals, and thousands others use UI.X. If there are issues, I would hope they would have been reported to us. No reports as of yet. I am fairly confident it is a conflict or some faulty code specific to your board. I'm more than happy to help get to the bottom of it if you wish me to. If it is indeed a bug we somehow missed I'll be most appreciative for your assistance! Either way I'm here to help :)

Top Bottom