UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
can anyone help p how to stop users from selecting a different design. I want everyone to use the main one and not select anything else.

can anyone help p how to stop users from selecting a different design. I want everyone to use the main one and not select anything else.
In ACP > Styles, make the style you want the default and untick the others. All users will then use that style. Only you as an admin will see the style chooser.

I've updated UI.X and as you would expect I have some outdated templates.
One of these is page_container ..... I simply reverted it and then reapplied my edit.
It is still showing as an outdated template. Nothing I do appears to get around this. How on earth do I stop these from being flagged as outdated?

Thanks for any pointers. :)

Ok, this doesnt make sense..... I've two templates where this is an issue.... page_container, and page_container_js_head.

There is only 1 change in each so I basically:-

1. reverted both the templates
2. applied my changes

They both STILL show as outdated:-
page_container_js_head - Custom Version: 1.4.6, Parent Version: 1.4.7
PAGE_CONTAINER - Custom Version: 1.4.6, Parent Version: 1.4.7

I don't get it, very puzzling.

... Ahhh, it's because xenForo was not updated to the very latest version. I won't fall into that trap again! :)

Last edited:
There is a major thing that annoys me a lot, when s witching page/tab the website blinks white before the content is displayed while when using the default style (By Xenforo) the website doesn't blink white.
It's a short white blink that appears when going to another page, why does this happen?

There is a major thing that annoys me a lot, when s witching page/tab the website blinks white before the content is displayed while when using the default style (By Xenforo) the website doesn't blink white.
It's a short white blink that appears when going to another page, why does this happen?
Do you have the AD styler turned on? That could be it. Otherwise I'm not sure what that could be. Feel free to create a ticket with a URL and I'll take a look.
Did I miss a post or anything about the UI.X addon upgrade notice I have in my adminCP?
We are preparing an update. You can upgrade the add-on if you so choose to bit UI.X 1.4.8.0 will be out shortly.

In EXTRA.css,

Read
Code:
.node.node_10 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_10 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("path/to/image.png");
    background-position: 0px 0px;
}

Unread
Code:
.node.node_10 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_10 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("path/to/image.png");
    background-position: 0px 0px;
}

Where 10 is the node ID.

How would I go about using Font Awesome for my icons?

Also, one of my forum Administrators notified me that he can see the "Sign Up" in the user bar at the top when he's logged in and it's only on the forum index page. He switched themes and it's not there, so I'm assuming this is a theme issue.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a misconfiguration but I have a toggle button showing for sticky threads to collapse them.
I have the "seperate sticky threads" option ticked but I've trawled all the other settings and everything "collapsible" is turned off.

If I seach the admin area for "collapse" then I see there is an @uix_collapseSticky style property.... this is not however showing up when I click through to it. It's like it's there, but it's not. Nonetheless it seems like the option I need but I can't get to it. I've tried seeing if it's in the master UI.X style but no luck.

Any ideas on this one?

Do you have the AD styler turned on? That could be it. Otherwise I'm not sure what that could be. Feel free to create a ticket with a URL and I'll take a look.
The AD Styler is disabled and the website is using the default XF configuration (it's at localhost for further style development).
uix.debug() uix.debug() functions.min.js?_v=b4f5d308:1 UI.X initialized in 7.7971 ms. func - Pastebin.com any clue what the issue might be? For the moment I can't publish this website.

Hi,

I just got this in my error log:

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'uix_collapse_user_info' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 6:45 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'INSERT INTO `xf...')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...')
#3 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1624): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_user_option', Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1613): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(416): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(37) "https://xf-liam.com/register/register"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/register/register"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(18) {
["username"] => string(0) ""
["a1f8ec93fe24c73ae0bcf73a87b59aae"] => string(10) "jules tate"
["31aacb937882642525d14cf5876bf14f"] => string(21) "julestate@hotmail.com"
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["3ae393aea6bda7cf14e3394bb670702c"] => string(0) ""
["54afe700ea7d7e7b91c3190b4c636f4f"] => string(6) "female"
["dob_month"] => string(2) "12"
["dob_day"] => string(2) "12"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1991"
["location"] => string(2) "ny"
["5d860c3eafe058b4184dbcdde5d36747"] => array(3) {
["xenforo_username"] => string(9) "julestate"
["siteurls"] => string(51) "http://eyebornfacts.org/king-size-male-enhancement/"
["egvuzm9yb191c2vybmftzq"] => string(0) ""
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(3) {
[0] => string(16) "xenforo_username"
[1] => string(8) "siteurls"
[2] => string(22) "egvuzm9yb191c2vybmftzq"
}
["9e4a0de41563ea867e137cb12976444b"] => string(19) "America/Los_Angeles"
["captcha_question_answer"] => string(4) "mail"
["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "7012394ec02976a18c7b6e675e4e4a4008b8727d"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["reg_key"] => string(32) "4e91b688a9cb9a73f11ee8ae91175b67"
}
}

Liam

Hi,

I just got this in my error log:

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'uix_collapse_user_info' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 6:45 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'INSERT INTO `xf...')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...')
#3 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1624): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_user_option', Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1613): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(416): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/nginx/domains/xf-liam.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(37) "https://xf-liam.com/register/register"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/register/register"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(18) {
["username"] => string(0) ""
["a1f8ec93fe24c73ae0bcf73a87b59aae"] => string(10) "jules tate"
["31aacb937882642525d14cf5876bf14f"] => string(21) "julestate@hotmail.com"
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["3ae393aea6bda7cf14e3394bb670702c"] => string(0) ""
["54afe700ea7d7e7b91c3190b4c636f4f"] => string(6) "female"
["dob_month"] => string(2) "12"
["dob_day"] => string(2) "12"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1991"
["location"] => string(2) "ny"
["5d860c3eafe058b4184dbcdde5d36747"] => array(3) {
["xenforo_username"] => string(9) "julestate"
["siteurls"] => string(51) "http://eyebornfacts.org/king-size-male-enhancement/"
["egvuzm9yb191c2vybmftzq"] => string(0) ""
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(3) {
[0] => string(16) "xenforo_username"
[1] => string(8) "siteurls"
[2] => string(22) "egvuzm9yb191c2vybmftzq"
}
["9e4a0de41563ea867e137cb12976444b"] => string(19) "America/Los_Angeles"
["captcha_question_answer"] => string(4) "mail"
["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "7012394ec02976a18c7b6e675e4e4a4008b8727d"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["reg_key"] => string(32) "4e91b688a9cb9a73f11ee8ae91175b67"
}
}

Liam

You did run the upgrade script, correct?

If so and this table still doesn't exist just create it with this query:

Code:
ALTER TABLE `xf_user_option` ADD `uix_collapse_user_info` INT(3) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '1' ;

I've just tested it on a couple different boards and it seems to work fine. Might be a fluke in our upgrade script, I'll have to look into it a bit more.

I just updated the add-on how I would normally update add-ons, by using the add-on installer add-on. Is there a separate upgrade script?

No, that should have run it. Which add-on installer did you use, Jon's or Chris'? It may be something incompatible with our upgrade script and their add-on.

We are packaging up UI.X 1.4.8.0 right now (minutes away), a huge list of minor improvements coming with it. Feel free to prepare if you plan on upgrading today.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a misconfiguration but I have a toggle button showing for sticky threads to collapse them.
I have the "seperate sticky threads" option ticked but I've trawled all the other settings and everything "collapsible" is turned off.

If I seach the admin area for "collapse" then I see there is an @uix_collapseSticky style property.... this is not however showing up when I click through to it. It's like it's there, but it's not. Nonetheless it seems like the option I need but I can't get to it. I've tried seeing if it's in the master UI.X style but no luck.

Any ideas on this one?

This is a bug we have fixed on our end. There is now a style property specifically for the sticky threads, accidentally kept them together.

The AD Styler is disabled and the website is using the default XF configuration (it's at localhost for further style development).
uix.debug() uix.debug() functions.min.js?_v=b4f5d308:1 UI.X initialized in 7.7971 ms. func - Pastebin.com any clue what the issue might be? For the moment I can't publish this website.

Im not sure on this one. Please create a ticket we'll take a look.

Mike Creuzer updated UI.X with a new update entry:

Collapse postbit information, minimal search improvements, iOS fixes, and more

Hi everyone,

We have a new update for XenForo 1.4.8 as well as some minor new functionality and bug fixes. ALL bugs reported to us that we could replicate have been fixed.

Note: this version requires the latest update to the UI.X add-on version 1.0.3. The add-on can be downloaded from your customer area at Audentio.com.

We also offer installation ($15) and upgrades (starting at $99 - but if you set it up properly its free because its just one click) for those who would rather we...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I just tried to auto-update, but received:

Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in ...Audentio/UIX/ControllerAdmin/UIXStyle.php on line 237

I just tried to auto-update, but received:

Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in ...Audentio/UIX/ControllerAdmin/UIXStyle.php on line 237

It looks like you don't have the ZipArchive extension installed on your server. You'll have to either manually install the style, or install that extension.

Top Bottom