UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I have seen many UI.X websites having these icons in Profile Page (if you hover over your username in User/Mod bar) and the Navigation.
How would I achieve this on website or is there any side addon I need to use?

Thanks.

I have seen many UI.X websites having these icons in Profile Page (if you hover over your username in User/Mod bar) and the Navigation.
How would I achieve this on website or is there any side addon I need to use?

Thanks.

Not entirely sure what you mean, could you post a screenshot of what you're talking about?

-Jake

Not entirely sure what you mean, could you post a screenshot of what you're talking about?

-Jake
I attached a file to this post just below, when you hover over your username it shows a little action menu where you can edit your: Personal Details, Signature etc. These have small icons that reminds me of Fontawesome, in the background you can see a bit of the navigation, there are icons next to the tab title in Navigation.

Attachments

• screenshot.webp
    screenshot.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 29
It's no more unclear than any other software if you ask me haha. Anyways what I do is I inspect the element, look for the line of css, copy the selector verbatim then search xenforo templates.

I am sorry to bring this up again, but you have not answered my question;

Ok fair enough. Thanks for the hint

About this particular issue; any more info on how I can fix it, considering I can't find the code you initially pointed me to?

Thanks in advance

I literally am totally and utterly stuck about how to find the code I need to change, to fix this issue. It is very very annoying.

Please help.

Edit; I have searched in Element Inspector and I have found that it is this section of code that I need to modify. Modifying it in the Element Inspector gets the results I want.

.discussionList .sticky a:hover {
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255) !important;

color: #ffffff !important;
opacity: 1;
-moz-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 1s;
-o-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
-webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;

I can not find it anywhere in uix.css or uix_discussion_list.css though...

Last edited:
Enable sticky navigation in the UI.X Navigation Style Properties.

scratch's navigation doesn't move - it's static.

I want a permanent static nav that doesn't ever move. Just a thin navigation/sub nav up top that stays up there all the time.

Patch 3 was supposed to be called patch 2, I just (for some reason) accidentally called it patch 3. I've fixed the update checker so it knows the latest version is actually patch 3 now so once your update check cron runs any notice should disappear :)

Regards,

Jake

scratch's navigation doesn't move - it's static.

I want a permanent static nav that doesn't ever move. Just a thin navigation/sub nav up top that stays up there all the time.

If you remove any padding or margins separating the element from the very top of the page it should do what you want. The sticky logic sticks an element when it reaches the top of the page (or the bottom of the last sticky element). If the element is always at the top of the page that condition will always be true. That's the same thing we are doing in Scratch and a few other themes.

I am sorry to bring this up again, but you have not answered my question;

I literally am totally and utterly stuck about how to find the code I need to change, to fix this issue. It is very very annoying.

Please help.

Edit; I have searched in Element Inspector and I have found that it is this section of code that I need to modify. Modifying it in the Element Inspector gets the results I want.

.discussionList .sticky a:hover {
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255) !important;

color: #ffffff !important;
opacity: 1;
-moz-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 1s;
-o-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
-webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;

I can not find it anywhere in uix.css or uix_discussion_list.css though...
Would you mind linking me to your board? I can take a look to get a better idea of where the CSS is coming from.

userBar appears with a slight delay. So it should be?
http://imgur.com/EV9cCzl

On 1.4.5 this was not.
Same effect here... it's not a big issue, but you get the feeling, the website builds up more slowly
Same for me too, the delay wasn't there prior to 1.4.6.
I'll look into this and see if it can be improved.

Patch 3 was supposed to be called patch 2, I just (for some reason) accidentally called it patch 3. I've fixed the update checker so it knows the latest version is actually patch 3 now so once your update check cron runs any notice should disappear :)
Any infos about that update? Whats new? :)

If you remove any padding or margins separating the element from the very top of the page it should do what you want. The sticky logic sticks an element when it reaches the top of the page (or the bottom of the last sticky element). If the element is always at the top of the page that condition will always be true. That's the same thing we are doing in Scratch and a few other themes.

Do you know what file/template has those margins/padding?

Do you know what file/template has those margins/padding?
It's in uix.css in the form of this (it's used to space more than just the first element, I wouldn't remove it unless you are sure you are okay with removing the margins on multiple things):

#header > div
{
margin-top: {$headerWhiteSpace};
margin-bottom: {$headerWhiteSpace};
}

Instead, adding this to your EXTRA.css should do what you have in mind.

#header > div:first-child {
margin-top: 0;
}

Let me know how that goes :).

So a few of the users and I have notice the "Latest Thread" is not appearing
58AgJMn.png

Top Bottom