UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
So when I upgraded UI.X, it made it as a new install and copied my child theme with it, which was cool, but I think all I had to do was edit the global footer and then change my logo url in the style properties. Got both of those done, but I noticed that it's using my child theme's footer info. that's fine for me, as I only have this installed anyway.

That issue is normal. You added code in a previous version with CSS. The new update allows you to use an interface to add-icons. Therefore, you can now comment out your CSS for custom icons :). Right now it'll try and do both. Entirely expected behavior, but if you get stuck let me know.
Yep, I used to have this on my extra.css
Code:
/*board icons*/
.node_136 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f073' !important;}
.node_10 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f0e3' !important;}
.node_11 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f007' !important;}
.node_41 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f19c' !important;}
.node_38 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f1b9' !important;}
.node_27 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f0a1' !important;}
.node_6 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f07a' !important;}
.node_5 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f084' !important;}
Sorry, but I cannot find the option to add new icons for some boards, where is it?
***edit**
I found it, in /admin.php?nodes/ ;)

As for the forum width at size chosen, try refreshing a few times. If that doesn't help, post a ticket at audentio.com and Ill take a look
I did, CTL+F5 on chrome + Linux Mint, cleared all cahche but no change. I already posted a ticket at audentio with admin details

Last edited:
Well just did the upgrade to the patch, don't know why everyone else is having so many problems. Again I just followed instructions and I was done within 5 minutes. The only thing That I saw is I do get the "The UI.X Add-on is outdated. Please update it to get all of the latest features available." Which I assume is safe to dismiss? Also noticed a .DS Store file located under the themes folder left over by a Mac which I assume is safe to delete @Mike Creuzer ? But overall pretty painless and thanks again to the team there.(y)

Hello,
I just uploaded the UI.X addon, renamed my theme as adviced, "UI.X", checked the "Check for Unassociated Styles" option and filled the Audentio API Key.
Unfortunately, the only option proposed in the style liste is to install "UI.X".
Did I miss something?

EDITED: I finally fond the option to sync the style under Appareance -> Style and not under UI.X -> Styles.

Last edited:
One small bug I seem to have spotted is when you goto UI.X Search style properties in your child theme. Set viewport with to show icon to 100% and you click on the little gear icon. The search button pops up under the user info display. Not a big deal but thought I would mention. Also love the way the search spreads out when you have the viewpoint set to 100%. :cool:

1.webp

Getting this error.

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'forum.uix_node_fields' doesn't exist in /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in Audentio/UIX/Model/Node.php at line 79
Audentio_UIX_Model_Node->getAllNodesWithFields() in Audentio/UIX/Listener/CodeEvent.php at line 219
Audentio_UIX_Listener_CodeEvent::templateCreate()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 82
XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 239
XenForo_Dependencies_Public->createTemplateObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 263
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 119
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 618
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/index.php at line 13

already tried updating both the theme and the addon.

Getting this error.

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'forum.uix_node_fields' doesn't exist in /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in Audentio/UIX/Model/Node.php at line 79
Audentio_UIX_Model_Node->getAllNodesWithFields() in Audentio/UIX/Listener/CodeEvent.php at line 219
Audentio_UIX_Listener_CodeEvent::templateCreate()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 82
XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 239
XenForo_Dependencies_Public->createTemplateObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 263
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 119
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 618
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/redlightponyville.com/public/forums/index.php at line 13

already tried updating both the theme and the addon.

You need to disable the UI.X Add-on before uploading the files.

If you are unable to access your ACP follow the steps below:

1. At the end of your library/config.php file add the following code:
Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = 0;
2. Go into your XenForo AdminCP and disable the UI.X Add-on
3. Remove that line from library/config.php
4. Run the update script for the Add-on.
5. Re-enable the UI.X Add-on

Did you run the update XML after disabling event listeners? What version of the UI.X Add-on does your AdminCP say you have installed?

- Jake

Well just did the upgrade to the patch, don't know why everyone else is having so many problems. Again I just followed instructions and I was done within 5 minutes. The only thing That I saw is I do get the "The UI.X Add-on is outdated. Please update it to get all of the latest features available." Which I assume is safe to dismiss? Also noticed a .DS Store file located under the themes folder left over by a Mac which I assume is safe to delete @Mike Creuzer ? But overall pretty painless and thanks again to the team there.(y)

Thank you for letting us know everything went smooth!! :)

As for that file yeah safe to remove. Its tough getting rid of all of those, ugh. We need to figure out a better way to get rid of em. But yeah should be gone for the next release whenever that is. We're taking a break once we get the other themes out :P

Hello,
I just uploaded the UI.X addon, renamed my theme as adviced, "UI.X", checked the "Check for Unassociated Styles" option and filled the Audentio API Key.
Unfortunately, the only option proposed in the style liste is to install "UI.X".
Did I miss something?

EDITED: I finally fond the option to sync the style under Appareance -> Style and not under UI.X -> Styles.

Glad you got that working! :)

One small bug I seem to have spotted is when you goto UI.X Search style properties in your child theme. Set viewport with to show icon to 100% and you click on the little gear icon. The search button pops up under the user info display. Not a big deal but thought I would mention. Also love the way the search spreads out when you have the viewpoint set to 100%. :cool:

View attachment 103094

:D thank you! But real quick, Im not sure I see the issue. Can you screenshot it for us when you get a sec? :)

Thanks @Mike Creuzer for the detailed explanation. Makes perfect sense. On a whole, I couldn't be happier with UI.X. I think users (myself included) need to get beyond looking at this as just another template. It's more of a software package that furthers XenForo.

And again, thanks for the patch on a holiday weekend. Beyond a great product, you've offered fabulous support and it's appreciated. (y)

Did you run the update XML after disabling event listeners? What version of the UI.X Add-on does your AdminCP say you have installed?

- Jake
I did not as I had access to acp, so I disabled the plugin there without disabling event listeners,
i'm currently running
1.0.1 Patch 1
which is the same name for both the old version and the current version, but it's the old version, as I reverted the plugin.

Can you screenshot it for us when you get a sec? :)

Yes sir, here you go you can see how the user info stays on top. If you want to test it set the viewport at 100% then click the little magnifying logo then the gear icon you will see what I mean. When it pops open it should be on top and not underneath the member info.

1-jpg.103094

2.webp

Oh and one more thing, when I logged back into the ACP tonight I was going to diable the message "The UI.X Add-on is outdated. Please update it to get all of the latest features available." But it seems to have gone away automatically?

Hi, any idea why the sticky sidebar will not work correct in my unchanged ui.x and child themes in the showcase addon?
All other styles like default and ui.x´ intrinsic will work fine.

View attachment 103083

Could be cache related. This was a bug in UI.X 1.4.5.2, but fixed in the latest release.

Good Morning,

i don´t think so, it´s a new install with a new child.
when i refresh the page the sidebar only will go deeper.

Before refresh...
audentio4-jpg.103083

After .....

audentio5.webp

If you open /account/avatar directly (not in PopUp) it looks somehow different. There is no "no avatar"-picture and so on. Please have a look :)

Top Bottom