UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I would like to be able to continue to upgrade manually and to deactivate the callback.

Is this possible?

If we cannot check what get's installed at our server prior to install it, we cannot use your style any more. Which would be very sad.

I would like to be able to continue to upgrade manually and to deactivate the callback.

Is this possible?

If we cannot check what get's installed at our server prior to install it, we cannot use your style any more. Which would be very sad.
It is a terrible, sad shame that other developers abusing a very common task has scared everyone away from using an API just because of the "callback" term. APIs are quite common in modern technologies. Upgrading a theme simply cannot be done with one-click installs without doing a callback, not for premium add-ons and themes at least.

That said, we knew this would be a concern for some. Yes, by not entering an API key there will be no callback. The theme files alone will be available in your orders page by viewing the changelog. The only drawback is no automatic alert letting you know there is an upgrade and no easy install/upgrade of our products. This extends to branding removal and the like.

TLDR; Callbacks are entirely optional.

I do not have a problem with the callback. It is simply not necessary for me. I didn't have a problem finding out when your style had to be updated and do not need to be notified in my own ACP about it.

What I do have a problem with is the automatic download and installation process. Your add-on downloads and installs files directly to my server and I do not want that.

Hence my question if I will be able to install the files manually in the future or if they have to be installed via your add-on only.

What I do have a problem with is the automatic download and installation process. Your add-on downloads and installs files directly to my server and I do not want that.

Same, I do love the UI.X framework, but I will not be upgrading if this is the future for UI.X . I would never allow auto updates without me knowing. I don't even allow cPanel to auto update without my knowledge of an update and reading the change logs first.

Same, I do love the UI.X framework, but I will not be upgrading if this is the future for UI.X . I would never allow auto updates without me knowing. I don't even allow cPanel to auto update without my knowledge of an update and reading the change logs first.

<paranoid mode on>
I agree.
I always turn off automatic updates.
And if the project Audentio hacked?
Through automatic updates can easily distribute malicious software.
< /paranoid mode off>

It is a terrible, sad shame that other developers abusing a very common task has scared everyone away from using an API just because of the "callback" term. APIs are quite common in modern technologies. Upgrading a theme simply cannot be done with one-click installs without doing a callback, not for premium add-ons and themes at least.

That said, we knew this would be a concern for some. Yes, by not entering an API key there will be no callback. The theme files alone will be available in your orders page by viewing the changelog. The only drawback is no automatic alert letting you know there is an upgrade and no easy install/upgrade of our products. This extends to branding removal and the like.

Pleased to hear that, in light of recent events, you have taken steps to accommodate customers that are more weary of that stuff. Keep it up. (y)

Last edited:
You'll need to disable sticky sidebar, it is incompatible I'm afraid with RTL. But RTL is something we want to tackle next.
Its already disabled, the issue occurs when resizing the browser window.
UI.X has already a good RTL support, most actual bugs are related to the sidebar.

tumblr_m4qvoeCfby1r5r2ze.gif

How do I made the user/mod bar be full width and be right at the top of the page?

Like on spigotmc.org when you're logged in

I do not have a problem with the callback. It is simply not necessary for me. I didn't have a problem finding out when your style had to be updated and do not need to be notified in my own ACP about it.

Hence my question if I will be able to install the files manually in the future or if they have to be installed via your add-on only.
I never said automatic. I said one-click. Automatic upgrades would be terrible I agree we wouldn't do that.

So in short not adding the API key is all you want to do to not have any callback thus not get alerts on updates.
And we would never do that bud. All the system would do is alert you not just run it.
will the other themes receive this update also?
Yes they are about ready too.
How do I made the user/mod bar be full width and be right at the top of the page?

Like on spigotmc.org when you're logged in

There is a setting under style properties > Ui.x global settings called page style. Try setting that to 1.

I never said automatic. I said one-click. Automatic upgrades would be terrible I agree we wouldn't do that.

Sorry for my mistake in my question (also looks a little bit like you try to avoid the answer).
So, let me try it for the third time: Is there a way to download and install your style manually or do I have to use your "one click" update feature?

Because in your screen shot I can see that I'll be not even able to export the style after a "one click" installation.

Last edited:

So in short not adding the API key is all you want to do to not have any callback thus not get alerts on updates.

And we would never do that bud. All the system would do is alert you not just run it.

Yes they are about ready too.

There is a setting under style properties > Ui.x global settings called page style. Try setting that to 1.

That works, but it also sets my navigation bar to full length. How can I do it so only the user/mod bar?

Sorry for my mistake in my question (also looks a little bit like you try to avoid the answer).
So, let me try it for the third time: Is there a way to download and install your style manually or do I have to use your "one click" update feature?

Because in your screen shot I can see that I'll be not even able to export the style after a "one click" installation.

Top Bottom