UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
@Mike Creuzer

So I hit the one click update and it screws my custom theme up. Are you going to fix my theme at your expense?

Thanks,
Itworx4me
Seems like a loaded question haha

You still need to do the normal upgrade checks. This just makes it so you don't have to do anything to ui.x.

And no we don't fix mistakes Caused by others for free but we make it as easy as humanly possible and provide all the resources and support we can. Upgrading ddifficulty increases with the more difficult changes you make. Don't make difficult changes don't expect a difficult upgrade.

So when can we expect this to be released? If it gets more difficult based on the more difficult changes you make, I need to decide if I will consider my current version EOL and make my custom changes now or wait til after release. Of course deciding factor on which choice is a expected release date.

Lol @Sheldon you will be fine. I just mean that if you move a thousand pieces of code you're going to have a thousand times more difficult of a time. That goes for any theme.

So when can we expect this to be released? If it gets more difficult based on the more difficult changes you make, I need to decide if I will consider my current version EOL and make my custom changes now or wait til after release. Of course deciding factor on which choice is a expected release date.
My statement applies to all themes made by anyone. Has nothing to do with UI.X. I'm trying to explain why people have issues upgrading and that is very hard to do.

That doesn't mean upgrading is impossible. I do upgrades where people have completely gone against the grain. It'll take me a few hours but I'll fix it and make it more organized along the way.

My statement applies to all themes made by anyone. Has nothing to do with UI.X. I'm trying to explain why people have issues upgrading and that is very hard to do.

That doesn't mean upgrading is impossible. I do upgrades where people have completely gone against the grain. It'll take me a few hours but I'll fix it and make it more organized along the way.

Ahh ok, good to know. I was under the impression you ment due to the new system.

Is there a way I can "export" the custom-coloring and settings I made in 'UI.X Dark' to 'UI.X Light' (which I also purchased)? I tried the XenForo Export/Import (with over-wright), and that brought all of the 'dark' coloring over as well.

Is there a way I can "export" the custom-coloring and settings I made in 'UI.X Dark' to 'UI.X Light' (which I also purchased)? I tried the XenForo Export/Import (with over-wright), and that brought all of the 'dark' coloring over as well.
That will import ALL changes. From the sound of it you edited UI.X Dark directly. Had you not you would only get your changes then technically yes you could just export it then reimport it as a child of UI.X.

From the sound of it you edited UI.X Dark directly.
Not exactly: I imported Dark as a standalone (no parent, not even XenForo default), then created a new child-style of dark, and modified that child. Ideally, I'd like to take the settings I changed (not the colors) and apply that to the 'UI. X Light' style (transparent avatar background, 'about us' text, logos, postbit settings, etc., etc.). Maybe I'm doing something wrong in my export/import steps?

... you could just export it then reimport it as a child of UI.X.

And this Child you can export and import as a child of UI.X (Light) ..

So, I mimicked what I did with 'Dark' for the 'Light' version, then imported/overwrote the child-skin with the export of the 'Dark' child-skin, and that worked!

Is there any way to do the same thing with the templates I've modified also? If not, is there a 'grand UI.X' theme/framework that can be used as the topmost level theme, to which all additional themes would be children of? That's what I was using the 'XenForo Default' theme as previously, so that I only needed to make site-wide changes in one place.

So, I mimicked what I did with 'Dark' for the 'Light' version, then imported/overwrote the child-skin with the export of the 'Dark' child-skin, and that worked!

Is there any way to do the same thing with the templates I've modified also? If not, is there a 'grand UI.X' theme/framework that can be used as the topmost level theme, to which all additional themes would be children of? That's what I was using the 'XenForo Default' theme as previously, so that I only needed to make site-wide changes in one place.
We are going to come up with a guide for this. But essentially you just need to add another layer in between your themes and the framework.

- UI.X (official theme product (disabled))
----- YOUR BASE (x)
-----------LIGHT

-----------UI.X Dark (official child theme product(disabled))
------------------DARK

Where the ones in green are ones you've created. And the base (x) is where you make all your changes to. All template changes etc.

A few very important notes about UI.X

The feature-packed update is a mere 1 to 2 days away, its all packaged up and ready to go. These are some very important things to note for preparation:
  • DO NOT upgrade UI.X the traditional way, when we do release
  • BACKUP your current version of UI.X and any child themes
  • UI.X is now supported by an add-on (phrases, features, permissions, lots of good stuff), this add-on is required as we have now supported phrases
  • Installation is now handled via the add-on (optional but highly preferred as this will alert you when there are updates in your ACP and allow one-click upgrades)
  • This add-on makes a callback to our server ONLY to check for updates to themes -- how else could we tell you this information.
  • NO INFORMATION IS GATHERED ABOUT YOUR SITE FROM THIS CALLBACK

The upgrade process (2 ways)

First method:
  1. After you get the email and/or we post here, you can go to your customer area to find the package as usual
  2. What you download will be the UI.X add-on alone
  3. Install the add-on
  4. It will prompt you to enter an API key that you will need from Audentio Design (you can get one now at that link)
  5. After that has been accepted you can go to Appearance > Styles. Find your UI.X and there should be an icon that says Sync with UI.X Add-on. Click this.
  6. After doing so, you will get a message saying that you have a theme out dated. Clicking the prompt will allow you to upgrade your UI.X right there. No downloading files necessary anymore.
It will look something like this:

View attachment 98373

Second method:

1. Same as above except that instead of steps 5 and 6 you would just install UI.X instead of syncing your current UI.X. No difference really.
  2. You will now have two UI.X themes installed so you'll want to move your child theme to the new install of UI.X
  3. Uninstall the old UI.X theme
When you have done so, it'll look like this:

View attachment 98374
Note that templates and style properties for UI.X are removed as they should not be touched. All changes should always be made to a child theme.

Then typical upgrading (merging outdated templates on your child theme and such) still apply.

A few other points:

• The footer columns
  • The social media URLs
  • The welcome block
  • The sidebar toggle
These are now all controlled by the add-on instead of style properties. This means that if you don't make a backup you will loose the content you've added in. Note that the main benefit here is that you can now have multiple themes all with the same footer without having to copy them to a bunch of themes manually. Another benefit is also permissions. For example, you can make the welcome block visible to usergroup Y and Z and not X. Or the collapsible sidebar can only be used by Gold members for example.

Need help upgrading?

We have always offered upgrading services for UI.X. The cost is dependent on time, but the average upgrade is just an hour if you have your child theme properly setup, which this new add-on now ensures. If you do not, the cost averages at around 3 hours. Message us here if you want to book an appointment for us to upgrade your theme(s) for you.

Thanks a lot all, we're really looking forward to this, another huge milestone for this amazing product that we've poured every ounce of our being into. We are really proud of it and we hope you like it.
Super excited about this release!

Top Bottom