UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
@Mike Creuzer
Seems to be a minor problem with avatarContainer class. When you change the avatar background color, it's easier to see that the avatar is not centered correctly.
View attachment 86637

Added to the list of bugs, I swear we fixed this before.

Did we hit a snag with the update?

We sure did. Im trying to fix flickering on iOS.

On my site, when I hit tools > history, nothing happens. I have to right click > open the history link in a new window to get it to open. Any ideas what the problem is?

This was fixed in the latest release. Try redownloading and just updating .xml.

Hi

With the last update, some TMS modifications provided by a few addons don't appear when I use the ui.x theme but are OK with default XF theme.
Can you check if it's normal ? Addon : ChangeDate and ChangeAuthor :)

Thanks you

Its likely the add-on author might need to be a bit more specific in their modifications. UI.X heavily modifies postbit and navigation as XenForo's default markup falls short of common customization needs.

Style Properties: ├ [UI.X] Logo > Enter 2000px
upload_2014-10-19_19-52-28-png.86854

Or 100% works too. :D

Mind sending me a link via PM or a ticket?
Turned out this line in the extra box under BB Code Elements -> Code Pre/Code
line-height: 26px;

If you change it to like the default, it will be fixed.
line-height: 1.24;
@Mike Creuzer[/QUOTE]

This was done intentionally. That way you get the cool alternating background concept.

Does anyone who uses mobile heavily notice increased load times as opposed to desktop? I've been getting a lot of complaints lately from people on mobile, mostly iOS, who are having pages and replies just HANG. Seen it several times myself, and it goes away when using the default theme.

I have an iOS device now so Ill see if I can replicate any lag, but so far none. The only thing I think could be the off canvas nav. I mean if you disable all of UI.X's features then hardly and JS runs. And thats all I can see that would be causing a lag.

When I click on the categories it skips too high and you have to scroll down and inch or so to see the category. It happens on your demo too.

The dreaded leap of doom. We know of this bug and have been unable to fix it. No other theme designers have either. Its on my list of things to constantly think about.

Safari Browser ???

View attachment 87159

Firefox and IE is ok.

View attachment 87160

Safari is the new pain for web designers these days. Ill see if I can replicate this. What device are you on?

How would I disable drop downs in the navigation entirely?

Other than editing the templates, there is no quick solution. Though Im intrigued if people would want this option?

@Mike Creuzer The off-canvas nav was my suspicion as well, mostly because it looks as if the top portion of the page loads up and then it just sort of hangs when it gets to the navigation section. I haven't tried turning it off yet but I'll try to get around to it and let you know what I come up with.

Any plan to add something to float the navigation to the right? When you don't have that much links and when you have a wide width, it's akward :unsure:

Its likely the add-on author might need to be a bit more specific in their modifications. UI.X heavily modifies postbit and navigation as XenForo's default markup falls short of common customization needs.
Effectively, if I add a "tab" behind "a href" tag (the one that is looked for), by modification directly in the db xf_template_modifications entry, it works :)

Ok, I turned off the Off-Canvas navigation and its definitely loading faster. iOS 8.1 and Safari.
What I want to do is offer a non-sticky version of the off-canvas navigation. Or one that uses conventional units, not viewport heights (vh). That could potentially be what causes the load time issue.

I'm getting reports of Safari locking up in iOS 8.1. I'm running UI.X 1.4 with XF 1.4.2. I'm hesitant to upgrade, as I don't want to introduce new issues. Any ETA on the update? Should I upgrade to the new version?

For the record. The issue is multiple sticky elements not just one. We are the only framework that supports modular sticky elements. The only framework on the Web that is not just xenforo. I've been trying to find other examples but there are none.

@Mike Creuzer I've been doing some more testing with UI.X and iOS 8 and there is definitely something causing it to lag. Its beyond the off-canvas navigation as well, as I've had that off the entire time I've been rooting around with it. I usually get 2 delays:

1 - the link will be clicked on but there will be a noticeable hang before the page rolls into the new page. You can see the status bar sort of lag at the beginning.

2 - the link will load, but then after the user bar loads up (and sometimes up to the logo) the page will sort of stall out for 5-10 seconds, and then start loading the rest of it.

I've been turning on and off options, and testing it against the default theme with all the same add-ons, and can't quite reproduce an exact scenario for you to test. It could be the screen flickering issue but I'm not sure. Sorry I can't be of more help in trying to pinpoint it.

I wish I could replicate your issue @Rambro

UI.X has some issues the more features you turn on but thats any framework. You max out the settings or use modern concepts like sticky navigation or off canvas sidebar, some users might see a performance hit. That said, 3 of the largest XenForo installs (one THE largest by an order of magnitude) will be running UI.X. I really have not heard of this from anyone yet. Ive looked into the issue. If it isnt a plugin on your end I have absolutely no idea. :(

Mike Creuzer updated UI.X with a new update entry:

Update to 1.4.2 and minor bug fixes

Hi all,

Other than the page_container update of 1.4.2:

• Search can be as an input now on mobile, the only theme to allow this to my knowledge. We did keep it as an input by default, so if that messes with your design this is of course a setting to say show the icon at XX pixels.
  • Slogan simplified, we might be making it work on mobile in the next release if we can think of a way for it to not interfere with anything
  • support strike-through bbcode...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: TJA
Mike, What is a suitable value to put in the "Viewport Width to Show Search Icon" to make it only show icon in all modes?

Top Bottom