UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Hi,
Trying to make social sharing a little more prominent by implementing https://xenforo.com/community/resources/make-post-sharing-more-obvious.3405/ and using the CSS only option. Unfortunately it's not working though, as it would appear that UI.X is using different/additional CSS labels than standard XF. I've looked for around 20mins, but my CSS isn't strong enough to determine or follow what the correct CSS labels should be with UI.X. Anyone with better CSS skills than me able to determine what it should be?

Hi,
Trying to make social sharing a little more prominent by implementing https://xenforo.com/community/resources/make-post-sharing-more-obvious.3405/ and using the CSS only option. Unfortunately it's not working though, as it would appear that UI.X is using different/additional CSS labels than standard XF. I've looked for around 20mins, but my CSS isn't strong enough to determine or follow what the correct CSS labels should be with UI.X. Anyone with better CSS skills than me able to determine what it should be?
Try this, obviously change the image path to where you have uploaded your + icon

Code:
.message .postNumber:before {
    content: url('@imagePath/images/addthis.png');
    display: inline;
    height: 8px;
    width: 8px;
    vertical-align: middle;
    float: left;
    margin-right: 2px;
}

Result:
upload_2014-10-29_7-1-12.webp

@Mouth Sorry my bad CSS only

Code:
    content: '+';
    float: left;
    margin: 2px 2px 0 0;
    padding: 1px;
    color: #FFF;
    font: 700 14px/8px Arial;
    background: #FE6D4C;
}

@Mouth I just tried it and uploaded the image brogan supplied into the uix/uix folder with all the other images and made the path
('@imagePath/uix/addthis.png'); and it works. Also, made the margin 3px as 2 put it kind of close to the # sign.

Is there any effective difference between using the CSS and image versions?

Thanks, worked great!

Is there any effective difference between using the CSS and image versions?
Other than loading an image, probably not.
I've actually gone with the Font Awesome option anyway, since UI.X comes with Font Awesome support.

Reactions: TJA
Did you change Brogan's code, because the way he has it doesn't load anything for me?
Here's what I have in EXTRA.CSS, and it's working for me ....
Code:
/* https://xenforo.com/community/resources/make-post-sharing-more-obvious.3405/ */
    content: "\f0fe";
    font-family: FontAwesome;
    margin-right: 2px;
    color: #FE6D4C;
}

Either of you guys have a suggestion for getting something like this on mobile? Sharing individual posts on mobile is such a pain in the ass.
Here you go, try this in your EXTRA.css

Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
.message .postNumber {display: inline !important;}
}
</xen:if>

Result:
upload_2014-10-29_8-31-49.webp

Having an issue with User Group titles when viewing on a smartphone. Even if I pull my custom.css, the text butts up to the user name.

Also, at times, a random avatar will populate the header. I've had user reports and it's happened to me as well.

Any suggestions?

IMG_0297.webp

@Mike Creuzer - I appreciate the difficulties in getting to the bottom of issues. I'd also like to thank you for developing such an excellent theme.

Again, could you answer the following questions (I have also used a child theme for my edits):
  1. The 'Sign Up Now' button has been increased in size. What was the default value, and how can this be changed back?
  2. The buttons/admin tools below a post are no longer a part of a dropdown menu? How can this be changed back?
  3. What was the previous value for the search box as icon (responsive) ?
  4. How can the admin tools in the user bar be re-added to a dropdown menu?

Could anybody tell me where I can change logo path, categories and forums names text size. I mean the last update. Thanks!

First of all, apologies for the delay in responses. We are working on rebuilding the javascript to be quicker on mobile and fix flickering, that is our top priority. @Ridemonkey @Rambro

However, what are you guys talking about in reference to this Google webmaster update?

Top Bottom