UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Hey all, we'll have an update for 1.4.2 tomorrow. No major bugs with the latest version just a bit of a pain upgrading. Looking into iOS flickering on sticky nav but the rest of the issues are covered.

Bug
I have a custom BBcode and a icon url defined so it shows up on the editor.
I'm trying to replace it with fontawesome icon via extra.css
Code:
html .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_custom_tex:before
{
content: "\f12b";
}

In the original Flexile style, it works well but in this UIX Flex, what happens is the FA icon appears on top of the png icon defined in the bbcode setting.

Im not sure I understand this issue. I imagine you'll want to also remove the image, correct?

Sticky nav on mobile is still flickering when scrolling.

Looking into this. Gah what a pain :P

I've installed the update and merged all template changes. I still have 3 templates that wont merge, so I've sorted them out by hand with a doc diff.
It doesnt matter how many times I revert and re-apply changes, these 3 templates still show as out of date! I cant work it out. Any ideas?

Did you get this sorted? Sorry I didnt follow up.

If I go to style properties and select the uix - rich text editor.... this isnt working. It prompts me to define a new style property

This has been sorted in the patched version.

Strange, the option is set already. It stopped working after upgrading ui.x
I've purged all maxcdn caches. @Mike Creuzer any ideas?

Are you still having issues with this? I was never able to replicate it.

I've had to turn off the new gototop/bottm buttons. Too many complaints about how it obstructs reading, especially on mobile, since its so wide and doesn't fade out. I'll have to go back to Cedric's addon for now. Looking forward to improvements in the future.

We do have a setting that fades out while you're not scrolling. We do not have a setting that makes it show until the last post. That seems a bit custom so its likely we'll not add that to the framework.

Something I've noticed for quite a while, but never thought about mentioning it. Whenever I get an alert, I don't get any kind of balloon notification or however the notifications display on UI.X. I installed a plugin called Tab Alerts, so I get the (1) in my tab, but when I tab over to it - there's no actual notification by the mailbox or flag. It does show up once I refresh though. I mentioned this to the author of the plugin and he reckons it's a theme issue. Any idea?

Example;
Screenshot_16-00-37.png

This is also an outstanding issue we are looking into.
Chrome shows at the bottom left
8i6WPA7.png

Did you get this sorted?

Thanks again for all your efforts, Mike. Our members love your style.

I'm not sure whether this issue has already been dealt with, but some of them report problems with Font Awesome icons not loading:

View attachment 86188

This particular user is on W8.1 using Firefox32.0.3. Is there any remedy?

Glad you got this sorted, even happier you like the theme!

Tried this on a child style of UIX.Flex and it doesn't seem to work. It resolves to /styles/uiflex/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=4.2.0 which is 404 error since it can't seem to get to the correct url which is /styles/uiflex/uix/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=4.2.0

@Mike Creuzer
Under
Customized Style Components: UI.Flex

There is a component called test which links to Style Properties: ├ [UI.X] Welcome Block

In my case the correct path was

@imagePath/font-awesome.min.css

for a child style of UI.X.

Which theme gave you this issue? I just checked all our themes and I see this set up correctly. Mind, if you happen to change the @imagePath variable to a place that does not have the font awesome file directly there yes that won't work.

Found it.
This is line 369 in your style XML
Code:
    <property property_name="messageLikesSummary" property_type="css"><![CDATA[{"background-color":"@breadBox.background-color","background-image":"@imagePath\/uiflex-dark\/navigation-tab.png","background-position":"0 0","background-repeat":"repeat-x","border-color":"@breadBox.border-color","border-radius":"@uix_globalBorderRadius","border-style":"solid","border-width":"1px","color":"@breadcrumbItemCrumb.color","margin-top":"@uix_gutterWidthSmall","padding-all":"@uix_gutterWidthSmall"}]]></property>
It refers to the image under /uiflex-dark/ which does not exist.

This issue has been patched.

Some bugs reported
1) Log in as admin, the deleted post check box is clipped on the top. Maybe we can replace that sprite image with fontawesome as well? (fa-square-o and fa-check-square-o)
View attachment 86427

2) As admin with sticky navigation bar turned on, the last unread post of a thread will be hidden because the height of the admin bar + sticky nav bar will cover it.

View attachment 86428

This is the content of the post being covered by the sticky nav and admin bar.
View attachment 86429

A possible solution would be to not sticky the admin bar?

1. Sometimes, the script we have to kinda offset the sticky nav on internal page jump doesn't work. Its something we've always had some issues with ever since we originally released the framework. We've asked for some input on that from various people and have not been able to get a clear answer. We're hoping someone on the internet releases a fix for this as this is a common issue with sticky navigations.

I found that the Add-on "Node as Tabs" is buggy on this theme. The child contents won't display.

Were you able to get the issue resolved from Jake Bunce?

I've just installed UI.X and I love it! Thanks so much for this brilliant theme!

Thank you for using it! So glad you like it :)

For the 1.4.2 update, should we merge and resolve using the parent or custom version on the Page Container template?

I have an update ready. The page container template only has one change at the very bottom, from XenForo not us.

Hey all, we'll have an update for 1.4.2 tomorrow. No major bugs with the latest version just a bit of a pain upgrading. Looking into iOS flickering on sticky nav but the rest of the issues are covered.

Any major improvements with this update or is it just minor ones and bugfixes?

My userbar isn't sticky but the navigation is. I changed everything but It wasn't possible :/ I had to add some css in Extra.css
That's not a problem to me, but I thaught it was the goal of the whitespace property to change that ^^

Oh. Hmm Ill look into that.
Mind sending me a link via PM or a ticket?
It's these lines under BB Code Elements -> Code Pre/Code
Code:
background-image:-webkit-repeating-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,.015) 0px, rgba(0,0,0,.015) 26px, rgba(0,0,0,.045) 26px, rgba(0,0,0,.045) 52px);
background-image:-moz-repeating-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,.015) 0px, rgba(0,0,0,.015) 26px, rgba(0,0,0,.045) 26px, rgba(0,0,0,.045) 52px);
background-image:-ms-repeating-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,.015) 0px, rgba(0,0,0,.015) 26px, rgba(0,0,0,.045) 26px, rgba(0,0,0,.045) 52px);
background-image:-o-repeating-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,.015) 0px, rgba(0,0,0,.015) 26px, rgba(0,0,0,.045) 26px, rgba(0,0,0,.045) 52px);
background-image:repeating-linear-gradient(top, rgba(0,0,0,.015) 0px, rgba(0,0,0,.015) 26px, rgba(0,0,0,.045) 26px, rgba(0,0,0,.045) 52px);

Anyone knows how to remove the gray left, right side border for post? I don't know which Styles Property I changed that caused it.

Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 9.52.01 PM.webp

@Mike

"Were you able to get the issue resolved from Jake Bunce?"

I tested the Node as tab on default theme and we have no problem, just in UI.X. I hope you can test this too because we really like your theme.

Regards,

@Robyn Logan I think that you just need to unchecked these two options in Style Property > UI.X Navigation
- Enable Navigation Drop-Down Arrows
- Show Navigation Dropdown Arrows On Hover

I'm using Nodes as tabs with UI.X and I have no problem at all ^^

Edit : I also think that you mentioned the wrong Mike :p

Top Bottom