UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
@Mike Creuzer @Jake B. I'm another one who has had the "MySQL server has gone away" error when trying to merge an outdated template. It also caused an issue with rebuilding the master data. I've put the information in the following thread and the solution (increase max allowed packet value in MySQL). It's probably worth you checking this out:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/error-when-rebuilding-master-data.119019/

Two other issues have arisen. The first has already been reported to you, that you now have to click twice on the main navigation links (Forums, Members etc) to go to those sections (instead of clicking once as you do in 1.5.8).

The second issue is that there is that the cream background that goes behind both the forums and the sidebar in 1.5.8:
upload_2016-7-29_14-13-51.webp

now only goes behind the forums (not behind the sidebar):
upload_2016-7-29_14-14-48.webp

Whilst this may be a new 'feature', personally I don't like it. I want the header and navigation, the forums and the sidebar blocks to be back the way they were, not looking like they are all separate blocks sitting on the tan background. How to I change this?

Erm..is this now a normal behaviour, that the forums-background is transparent and the visitor bar in the nav bar is out of bounds? Anyone experiencing the same?

Can you post a screenshot?

Yep - 3 o´clock in the morning and I feel like a test dummy again.

Well, XenForo didn't build the ability to downgrade, there is nothing we can do about it. But re-installing it should be the same as downgrading, minus the loss of some of your add-on related customizations. Hence why downgrading would be ideal, just nothing we can do on that I'm afraid.

@Mike Creuzer I'm using Antiquark instead of the base UI.X. Is it correct to assume that I'll need to wait for an Antiquark update before updating the add-on? Though I have actually upgraded my XenForo installation to 1.5.9 and merged outdated templates manually (of the previous version of the add-on).

Antiquark should have been updated already, yes.

1.5.9 introduces a regression from 1.5.8.1, clicking on a navtab as the dropdown is unfurling will not navigate you to the tab's link:
https://www.spigotmc.org/forums/

Going to have @kylerc take a look at this one asap and see if we can post a patch.

EDIT: Also the "Stretch Content Container" setting reverted itself.

Apologies on this, I've fixed it on our release version, but yes just tick off the setting.

i can upgrade ui.x 1.0.12 but problem.
" Uh Oh! It looks like the version of your javascript functions file does not match the version of your page_container_js_head template. "

I assume you also need to upgrade the theme itself.

It appears this update has re-introduced the bug that's mentioned a few times in this thread where when you go to a new post the sticky navigation cuts off the first part of the post.

Will have @kylerc take a look at this as well. We redid sticky sidebar so its more function, ie you can see the whole sidebar before it sticks. So this may be related.

In addition, the issue of quick replying and not being able to tag a user is not fixed? Again, user tagging works if you are not replying to a specific message, but if you click a reply button and then try to user tag, the pop-up selection just flashes and you cannot select the user to tag.

We are still experiencing the user tagging issue where the tagged username quickly flashes and then goes away. Here's what we've done to try to fix it:
  • Completely removed and reinstalled UI.X - overwrote all files with the latest version as of today, then upgraded with XML file.
  • Downloaded latest versions of our two styles (Quark and Antiquark) and manually uploaded/overwrote all files to make sure nothing was overlooked.
  • Purged both themes' JS files from Cloudflare.
  • Cleared caches in our browsers.
What could we be overlooking? In case it matters, we do have one child theme under each parent theme.

Thank you!

Looking into this issue now. Apologies, but a patch will be posted asap.

Whilst this may be a new 'feature', personally I don't like it. I want the header and navigation, the forums and the sidebar blocks to be back the way they were, not looking like they are all separate blocks sitting on the tan background. How to I change this?

This setting, like stretch of postbit, was accidentally left on. Fixed on our end. But to fix on your end, edit UI.X theme style properties (not your child, well I guess it wont matter), and then change Content Wrapper (a new setting, sorry) to default. It's in UI.X Global Settings

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 11.03.44 AM.webp

Time for a Bug Tracker... I am losing track...

Let's try opening up our trello board public. Here is a link: https://trello.com/b/dtm3PrnF/ui-x

Let's try opening up our trello board public. Here is a link: https://trello.com/b/dtm3PrnF/ui-x

That's great. But I'm missing the issue with "tags" auto-complete in general. The auto-complete flicker (or better the "disappearance of the auto-complete popup") is not a user tagging issue alone but also a "tag" issue in general (as mentioned earlier in this thread). The auto-complete popup does not appear when creating or editing tags in general.

That's great. But I'm missing the issue with "tags" auto-complete in general. The auto-complete flicker (or better the "disappearance of the auto-complete popup") is not a user tagging issue alone but also a "tag" issue in general (as mentioned earlier in this thread). The auto-complete popup does not appear when creating or editing tags in general.
Ok Ill modify the card, @kylerc is looking into this as we speak.

It shouldn't be missing. Did you edit UI.X directly? What version of UI.X are you running?
Actually using UI.Flex latest version.
I can see that property in the xml file but when I upload that file to overwrite the parent UI.Flex style, it does not import.

Nevermind, import the xml again fixed it.

Last edited:
I want to update this thread and my earlier comments, and thank @Martok for his post in the other thread, thank you!

This was down to: max_allowed_packet

It was set at 1M. :rolleyes:

Sorry about the false alarms here @Mike Creuzer and @Jake B.

We had some issues with the MySQL has gone away. We found two "max_allowed_packet" lines but the one under mysqld was (like you) 1M. The old config seemed to "stick" across a reboot but we finally got it fixed.

We put more details of our experience here.

This may be a silly question at this point in time and probably answered many times but:
1. Is there a functionality that allow very simply to customize the header and footer?
Basically, I want to make sure that I can give these the same look as my Wordpress site.

2. Also, I have a few custom addons, nothing major but is there anything I should be aware of before purchase?

I love my current theme but it's a lot of work to keep it up to date and it seems like I can achieve the same look and feel with UI.X :).

Please let me know.

@Mike Creuzer Another issue: You remember there is an "undefined index" error with UIX and @Nobita.Kun Social Groups add-on. I reported it on 5th of July via ticket at Audentio website. I was asked by Audentio staff to provide the Social Groups add-on files so they can test it, which I sent after getting authorization from Nobita himself. I never heard back and now 25 days later I see my ticket is "closed"...

Continuing problems and could not find a solution.
i removed ui.x and I installed a theme but merge template does not work.
style-Uix / page_container_js / head / jsHeadVersion is 1.5.9.0
style-Uix Conflict / jsHeadversion is 1.5.8.1
problems in the my PHP version, i had to style-Uix Conflict
style-Uix Conflict file is not up to date.

Attachments

• Ekran Resmi 2016-07-28 12.57.30.webp
    Ekran Resmi 2016-07-28 12.57.30.webp
    95.8 KB · Views: 12
  • MJnVj7.webp
    MJnVj7.webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 10
  • qBodzV.webp
    qBodzV.webp
    95 KB · Views: 9
This may be a silly question at this point in time and probably answered many times but:
1. Is there a functionality that allow very simply to customize the header and footer?
Basically, I want to make sure that I can give these the same look as my Wordpress site.

2. Also, I have a few custom addons, nothing major but is there anything I should be aware of before purchase?

I love my current theme but it's a lot of work to keep it up to date and it seems like I can achieve the same look and feel with UI.X :).

Please let me know.

1. Yes, the footer and headers are easily customized in UI.X

2. I've never experienced any issue with modifications and the UI.X themes. I dont have a lot of mods installed though, but i'd imagine the worst possible case scenario would be simple .css changes

Top Bottom