UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
@Mike Creuzer

We just installed your incredible theme to our vBulletin migrated XenForo install. Major move for us with 700,000 posts. Started going crazy modifying things and having a blast with my developer, but realized - we never did the proper protocol: Anytime you install a theme, you should create a "child theme" and modify things *there* so that you don't lose your changes during an upgrade.

Seems to be the standard protocol these days. We apparently skipped it entirely. He has written this to me just now:

[11:31:47 PM ] Clarito: we didnt create proper child theme. ill check how upgrading of this theme works, so we dont lose changes in the future
[11:35:32 PM] Clarito: We need to ask them how to upgrade UI.X(in the future) without losing the customizations in the templates..

(Me): I hope they don't say "You should have created a child theme" :)

[11:36:30 PM] Clarito: If they say that, we can create a child theme and move our changes and customizations there. What we had were minor customizations only.

Thanks for any insight.

Yep - you will of needed to create a child theme to keep your work - either that, or written it all within Extra.css.

Thanks! Cool idea. I fear that very few people are going to want to deal with that though. You quickly realize that if you aren't a designer who is good at combining colors, you end up creating a monstrosity that looks terrible. I have a feeling they're going to just want me to give them something, like I currently just want someone to give me some color pallets because I gave up doing it myself .. lol

The thing is only that member will see what they style so they can pick colors to their liking. It's not like they are making whole new style anyone can use it's just a few colors that the members can choose for themselves.

@Mike Creuzer @ThemeHouse @Jake B.

Question for you if I may. I'm helping a friend with a website and designing on top of UI.X.

We've managed to add Font Awesome icons to the Main navigation but would like to do the same to the Off Canvas Menu As seen in the photo.
design.webp

To do the top navigation we've used the following CSS.

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.forums .navLink:before
{
    display: block !important;
    font-family: FontAwesome;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0 px;
    left: 5px;
    border-left: none;
/*--icon to display--*/
    content: "\f03a";
/*--icon color--*/
    color: @uix_tertiaryColor;
/*--icon size--*/
    font-size: 14px;
}
/*--icon color if tab is selected--*/
   .navTabs .navTab.forums.selected .navLink:before {color: #FFF;}
/*--icon color if mouse is hovered--*/
   .navTabs .navTab.forums:hover .navLink:before {color: #FFF;}

Rather than have seperate CSS and duplicates, is there an easy way to add the Side nav classes to the above? Secondly, We'd like to Alternate the Background color of each of the Off Canvas menu options ( A bit like on the Forumlist where the posts alternate between 2 colors. Is this possible? Right now the menu's being a solid color vertical is a bit of a pain, so we'd like to break them up a bit.

Finally, is there a reason I cannot have the Avatar show next to the last post on the forum list when Grid nodes are selected? It seems like there is enough room, which is why I ask.

Thanks,

Last edited:
I'm running UI.X Dark and UI.X Light, and I'm having a minor styling issue with the Dark style only.

When the Admin navbar at the top is "floating", the Reports number is all the way to the far right of the screen (see the red arrow):

Capture.webp

When I scroll down and the navbar sticks to the top of the screen, the Reports number returns to the correct position:

Capture2.webp

How can I fix this?

Sorry for the delay, I have been working on the next release which is about done. Glad you got it working @Thom Tyler I would've recommended the same. Or our AD Navigation add-on, which supports icons through the backend navigation link manager.

I'm running UI.X Dark and UI.X Light, and I'm having a minor styling issue with the Dark style only.

When the Admin navbar at the top is "floating", the Reports number is all the way to the far right of the screen (see the red arrow):

View attachment 136296

When I scroll down and the navbar sticks to the top of the screen, the Reports number returns to the correct position:

View attachment 136297

How can I fix this?
To figure out this issue Ill need a ticket created I think with admin access. Would you mind doing that when you have time? Ill see if I can figure it out.

Why do I keep getting this error with your latest Ui.X add-on update?

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: node_id - library/Audentio/UIX/Listener/CodeEvent.php:273
Generated By: Unknown Account, 58 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/Audentio/UIX/Listener/CodeEvent.php(273): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/ptsdforu/...', 273, Array)
#1 [internal function]: Audentio_UIX_Listener_CodeEvent::templateCreate('__bbm_tool_temp...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(82): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_create', Array, '__bbm_tool_temp...')
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(239): XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct('__bbm_tool_temp...', Array)
#5 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(263): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->createTemplateObject('__bbm_tool_temp...', Array)
#6 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/View.php(116): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject('__bbm_tool_temp...', Array)
#7 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(2716): XenForo_View->createTemplateObject('__bbm_tool_temp...', Array)
#8 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(2724): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->bbmGetToolTemplate()
#9 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(2740): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->bbmGetTemplateParam('viewName')
#10 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1895): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->bbmGetViewName()
#11 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(2018): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->setView(Object(Dark_BestPosts_ViewPublic))
#12 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/Dark/BestPosts/ViewPublic.php(10): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::create('Base', Array)
#13 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Dark_BestPosts_ViewPublic->renderHtml()
#14 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('Dark_BestPosts_...', 'Html', Array, 'dark_bestposts_...')
#15 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(607): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('Dark_BestPosts_...', Array, 'dark_bestposts_...', NULL)
#16 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#17 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#18 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(36) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/best-posts/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I just purchased this and tried to install it. Didnt work and now my site is opening up a blank page that is all white. How do I get my site back to the original theme and online?

Did you install the AD addon and enter your api key?

The install starts but the screen simply goes white. I'm not able to access my site to install the API key. With some help I was able to edit the config file and get the Addon removed and do a manual install. Now I am getting a nag notice to enable the Addon. I attempted the install once again with the same results.

Last edited:
Why do I keep getting this error with your latest Ui.X add-on update?

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: node_id - library/Audentio/UIX/Listener/CodeEvent.php:273
Generated By: Unknown Account, 58 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/Audentio/UIX/Listener/CodeEvent.php(273): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/ptsdforu/...', 273, Array)
#1 [internal function]: Audentio_UIX_Listener_CodeEvent::templateCreate('__bbm_tool_temp...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#2 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(82): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_create', Array, '__bbm_tool_temp...')
#4 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(239): XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct('__bbm_tool_temp...', Array)
#5 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(263): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->createTemplateObject('__bbm_tool_temp...', Array)
#6 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/View.php(116): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject('__bbm_tool_temp...', Array)
#7 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(2716): XenForo_View->createTemplateObject('__bbm_tool_temp...', Array)
#8 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(2724): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->bbmGetToolTemplate()
#9 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(2740): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->bbmGetTemplateParam('viewName')
#10 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1895): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->bbmGetViewName()
#11 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(2018): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->setView(Object(Dark_BestPosts_ViewPublic))
#12 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/Dark/BestPosts/ViewPublic.php(10): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::create('Base', Array)
#13 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Dark_BestPosts_ViewPublic->renderHtml()
#14 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('Dark_BestPosts_...', 'Html', Array, 'dark_bestposts_...')
#15 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(607): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('Dark_BestPosts_...', Array, 'dark_bestposts_...', NULL)
#16 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#17 /home/ptsdforu/public_html/c/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#18 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(36) "https://www.myptsd.com/c/best-posts/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

There is no reason that you should be getting that error. Could you try disabling all add-ons other than the UI.X Add-on and see if it still happens? If it doesn't try enabling your add-ons one at a time to see when it starts happening and let me know and I'll look into a fix. It sounds like an add-on clashing :)

The install starts but the screen simply goes white. I'm not able to access my site to install the API key. With some help I was able to edit the config file and get the Addon removed and do a manual install. Now I am getting a nag notice to enable the Addon. I attempted the install once again with the same results.

It's quite a bit more than just a nag, there will be broken functionality on your board without the add-on installed. If you can create a ticket over at audentio.com with admin and FTP details I can take a look into this for you, and get the add-on installed in the morning :)

It's quite a bit more than just a nag, there will be broken functionality on your board without the add-on installed. If you can create a ticket over at audentio.com with admin and FTP details I can take a look into this for you, and get the add-on installed in the morning :)

Thank you. I have a ticket going already. I'll add FTP details

Hi,

I'm using both UI.X and Custom Tab add-ons. When I customize tab in the menu bar, color for example, it only effects on mobile version, not full version. Could anyone help me fix it?

I am sure there is a solution for that. Otherwise UI.X fails to be supporting mobile devices. When users can't use menus on mobile devices because they aren't there, it is a rather huge handicap.

Maybe the way on how nav tabs are "transferred" to OffCanvas has to be changed for that.

Audentio was able to "transfer" third party nav tabs from the "User Popup Menu" to the right side OffCanvas, I am sure this is possible for the left side OffCanvas.

Today found another case: Audentio's add-on "AD Donation Manager" has an issue with AD UI.X: Navigation tab "Account Menu" is not shown in Responsive Mode in the right OffCanvas menu.

We do not have a Wordpress version, but we are planning on building this for 2.0. We've already begun. But for now, some people have had us do custom themes that match their forum, but nothing that is sold as a product currently.

Will UIX come for Wordpress before XF2.0?

Mike Creuzer updated UI.X with a new update entry:

Node drawers, fontAwesome update, XF upgrade, and minor bugs

Hi everyone,

Please disable the add-on before upgrade or you will see error messages.

Note: this version requires the latest update to the UI.X add-on version 1.0.11. The add-on can be downloaded from your customer area at Audentio.com.

We also offer installation ($15) and upgrades (starting at $99 - but if you set it up properly its free because its just one click) for those who would rather we take care of it for you. Any...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Today found another case: Audentio's add-on "AD Donation Manager" has an issue with AD UI.X: Navigation tab "Account Menu" is not shown in Responsive Mode in the right OffCanvas menu.

For now, you'll need to manually enter this in. The reason is because we moved the code to a new template so even our own template mods (and others) wont see this area. The only solution we can do is to actually move all the offcanvas code to the navigation template *ugh*, but we're planning this for the NEXT release. It just was a small bug so we're leaving it for now.

Will UIX come for Wordpress before XF2.0?

Hah. Yes, actually, it will. ;)

Top Bottom