UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question i bought UIX yesterday and i saw some UIX styles for a calendar but couldn't find a matching functionality. What are these styles for ?

Any update on this? It is rather a eyesore when you primarily use prefixes for your site.
Haven't gone through the thread in about a week but it's in the queue to be fixed in next release once and for all. As I've said, the way xenforo handles this piece of code is literally by hardcoding the width so any change in padding breaks it. Not technically our fault since xenforo itself gives you the option to change paddings and such on inputs.

I'm very happy with UI.X Light and UI.X Dark, but I don't care for the way the user banners look:

ufTQ3wN.png

I'd rather them look like the xF default:

8yzh7vm.png

How can I accomplish this, please?

Hi,

I use UI.X on 3 of my XF-forums. I am thinking about adding Wordpress to my forums as a portal page with maybe Xenword as the bridge. But this would mean that I need a template for Wordpress too that looks like UI.X.

Does the theme UI.X also exist for Wordpress? If yes, do you have a link? I did not see anything on the Audentio site.

Hey! I have a question:

Is there a way to disallow people from collapsing a certain node (i.e. announcements).

Last edited:
I am trying to figure out how to change the node icons to use svg icons. Font Awesome only has a limited amount of icons and I would like to use my own. Is there an easy way to do this using UIX? I couldn't find anything on this so I don't know if this is a common thing people do or not.

Hey! I have a question:

Is there a way to disallow people from collapsing a certain node (i.e. announcements).

Via CSS. Every Category has a node ID as class name. Insert in "Extra.CSS" something like this:
Code:
.node_xx .js-collapseNodeTrigger.categoryStrip__collapseToggle {
display: none;
}

While ".node_xx" is the class name of the specific node. xx can be any number. You will find it in the browser inspector or in the ACP Node Tree, when you click on one node, the number is displayed in the URL of the browser like this:
Code:
http://www.your-forum.com/admin.php?nodes/announcements.23/edit

Here "23" is the node ID in the above example.

Anyone have issues with avatars and guests? Most the time users with no avatar set, are just showing as white blank spaces.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question i bought UIX yesterday and i saw some UIX styles for a calendar but couldn't find a matching functionality. What are these styles for ?

Hi there sorry for the delay on this, not sure I follow the question. If you are referring to the update in the design, we just made the calendar popup a bit prettier, but its not a whole calendar on itself though. Just the datepicker essentially.

I'm very happy with UI.X Light and UI.X Dark, but I don't care for the way the user banners look:

ufTQ3wN.png

I'd rather them look like the xF default:

8yzh7vm.png

How can I accomplish this, please?

We change them on our end. So to go back to XenForo just means you have to style them that way. ie grab the gradient, and make them smaller. We removed all images from everything.

Hi,

I use UI.X on 3 of my XF-forums. I am thinking about adding Wordpress to my forums as a portal page with maybe Xenword as the bridge. But this would mean that I need a template for Wordpress too that looks like UI.X.

Does the theme UI.X also exist for Wordpress? If yes, do you have a link? I did not see anything on the Audentio site.

We do not have a Wordpress version, but we are planning on building this for 2.0. We've already begun. But for now, some people have had us do custom themes that match their forum, but nothing that is sold as a product currently.

Hey! I have a question:

Currently, there is no way to do this Im afraid.

How can i achieve this? (heart image)

pN5LMeI.png

That is just some custom CSS to add that image in there. There is no quick style property, just requires customization.

I am experiencing issues with the New tag on forum post (see gif screenshot https://gyazo.com/d104bfa8e33104fb085ac843c2984ae5). At a certain width is bugs out.
Does someone knows how to fix this?

EDIT: This is maybe even a better gif (https://gyazo.com/91beffbfa0a0a47431a6409d1e9d9d16), ignore the post itself just look at the 'New' tag in the upper right corner

Untitled Screencast.gif

I am unable to replicate this on my end.

Anyone have issues with avatars and guests? Most the time users with no avatar set, are just showing as white blank spaces.

Not able to replicate this either. It could be that all the images have not been uploaded. If you continue to experience this, create a ticket at audentio.com with a link :)

I haven't got time to login to your site and leave a proper bug report but I've noticed a few css issues/things that aren't the same between light/dark.

On the edit controls it has a huge gap,
20160413002556735.png

On dark the navtabs bit is touching the page container which I prefer, Yet on light it has a gap under and the border-radius is all around.

Light:
20160413003243330.png

Dark:
20160413002811587.png

I also noticed the options between light/dark are not the same in places or in different locations which makes things confusing if trying to make both styles use the same settings.

Would it be possible to sort?

Thanks

We do not have a Wordpress version, but we are planning on building this for 2.0. We've already begun. But for now, some people have had us do custom themes that match their forum, but nothing that is sold as a product currently.

That would be great. Planning in integrating Wordpress in my forum too.

So as a suggestion, making UIX sub styles (aka "my custom UIX style") also portable to Wordpress would be the icing on the cake.

Hardcoded in a template? Or a style property?
In either case, it really needs to be resolved - the older versions did not have this issue from what I remember. :(

Style property, specifically Forms -> Text Control I believe. This has been fixed in UI.X 1.5.7.0 though :)

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 10.57.36 AM.webp

Well I see, it 'broke' after updating the theme, together with XenForo 1.5.7. Can you might tell me which template handles this so I might can Reset/revert it and see if that fixes the issue?

Of the templates that changed in XenForo 1.5.7 the only one that stands out as a potential cause would be message.css. I wouldn't recommend reverting the template though as there are changes made by UI.X that could cause some styling to break

I am trying to figure out how to change the node icons to use svg icons. Font Awesome only has a limited amount of icons and I would like to use my own. Is there an easy way to do this using UIX? I couldn't find anything on this so I don't know if this is a common thing people do or not.

@Mike Creuzer I got the alert saying you quoted my question but I didn't see an answer. Are .svg's possible with UIX?

When I leave them 'outdated' everything looks well, So I guess UI.X developers have to update it or can I do it myself by hand? Thanks for helping anyways :)

You can merge them using FileMerge on Mac or WinMerge on Windows, but the changes were minimal so it should be fine to leave it as is temporarily until we have a release made :)

After the latest update the new indicator appears only on the home page.
When entering into the forums, there's a small circle on the left side of the thread title, indicating the new/unread titles.

Top Bottom