UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
After the upgrade I got some troubles with my backstretch bg image.
I put the image in html to elimate the white flash on page refresh.
In the last version it worked.
Url: https://hexagonmc.eu

Now, I have that white flash (html settings no background/imagepath)
or
no white flash(but the image for 1-2 sec while loading) but than the background turns white.
I am confused, because that worked before the update and I can't see any changes to this in the patchnotes.
Backstretch:
MuErbCZ.png

Html settings:
ykAidP2.png

Body and Content is default. No templates needs merging.

Edit: Reverted the update with a previous backup and try to reproduce this on test site

Last edited:
I'm afraid it's about time for me to find another style.... yet once more one of the upgrades has totally blown up on one of my sites. :(
The backstretch only gives me a black screen for the background even with an image defined, and when I try to use the body style setting as I've done in the past I get this
Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 9.14.15 PM.webp

And on my other site, it created a duplicate style configuration (it wanted to install as a new style).

I'm afraid it's about time for me to find another style.... yet once more one of the upgrades has totally blown up on one of my sites. :(
The backstretch only gives me a black screen for the background even with an image defined, and when I try to use the body style setting as I've done in the past I get this
View attachment 130246

And on my other site, it created a duplicate style configuration (it wanted to install as a new style).
We highly recommend backing up. Not just because it's possible there is a bug, but also because the upgrade may have been done incorrectly. We are here to help.

We highly recommend backing up. Not just because it's possible there is a bug, but also because the upgrade may have been done incorrectly. We are here to help.

Two complaints on backstretch, will look into it. There are almost a thousand other features though so I hope you understand.

Two complaints on backstretch, will look into it. There are almost a thousand other features though so I hope you understand.
Pretty sure it's going to be related to the UI.X add-on... if I disable it, then the background shows up fine.
I'm about to do a uninstall of both the add-on and the style, reboot my server and then do a fresh install (after deleting the existing file structure) to see if that makes any difference. This is getting to be a rather normal experience though.

With the UI.X add-on removed
Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 10.38.31 PM.webp
Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 10.38.40 PM.webp

as you can see... backstretch is working.

Last edited:
This is getting to be a rather normal experience though.
Indeed it is, for the last few updates there seem to have been problems with each one. It's got to a stage now that I won't install on release, I wait a few days due to this in the hope that some issues are fixed. Even then I have come to expect some issues as you can see if you search for my last few posts in this thread. Also bugs aren't always fixed (or new ones created) in new releases such as this prefix one created in the last update:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ui-x-paid.57944/page-302#post-1026494

I hope it's fixed when I do install the latest update.

As I renewed UI.X recently I'll be seeing how the updates go over the next year. If things improve then I'll be happy but if the updates continue to cause issues and introduce new bugs then I'll not renew next year and will look for a new style from another developer.

@Mike Creuzer @RichardM
Thanks for the update. We haven't installed it yet on our test site, but just wanted to ask if the sticky navigation in wrapped style issue with Safari reported here has been dealt with?
I can't see a specific mention about it in the change log.

I have both UI.X and UI.X.Dark

Since updating the template, my Node Icons now have a light blue background that I dont know how to get rid of.. Active Nodes are a Darker Blue
You can view both light and dark here http://rimbit.com/forums/
This happens on both the light and dark themes
What do I need to change?
This is also an issue for people who use a Transparent Avatar as it also has the light blue background showing through

backgroundmessedup.webp

Pretty sure it's going to be related to the UI.X add-on... if I disable it, then the background shows up fine.
I'm about to do a uninstall of both the add-on and the style, reboot my server and then do a fresh install (after deleting the existing file structure) to see if that makes any difference. This is getting to be a rather normal experience though.

With the UI.X add-on removed
View attachment 130248
View attachment 130249

as you can see... backstretch is working.

Could you send me a PM with admin details so I can look into this for you?

Looked into Backstretch and that icon issue, was just due to the AD Styler being left on when we packaged it up. For me, turning off the AD Styler fixes it. And it makes sense, the AD Styler sets the background inline so users can change it. So it was overlapping. Can turn it off to fix.

In regards to 'new bugs', can you guys let me know what you've found otherwise? I mean, this is not a normal theme that just swaps icons out or changes a few style properties. This is a software onto itself, we state that everywhere. Be careful doing your update, back-up your theme, and you wont have a problem. We never have recommended working live, since we do not know what version you are upgrading from. Thousands use UI.X, but many like to wait a few days to make sure bugs get fixed if they are reported. So far, we just have a packaging issue. No bugs. Not that there isn't just none reported.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 11.59.37 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 11.59.37 AM.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 12
Question about this. I have several custom themes on my forum I created. This is called a theme framework. Does that mean I can use this to rebuild my custom themes with some of these features?

Question about this. I have several custom themes on my forum I created. This is called a theme framework. Does that mean I can use this to rebuild my custom themes with some of these features?
You can choose to do that, correct. It extends XenForo. But many people use it as a theme, thousands in fact. So it can do what ever you need it to do themewise.

Looked into Backstretch and that icon issue, was just due to the AD Styler being left on when we packaged it up. For me, turning off the AD Styler fixes it. And it makes sense, the AD Styler sets the background inline so users can change it. So it was overlapping. Can turn it off to fix.
Not for me. And that's with a flush of the REDIS cache, restart of nginx and the php-fpm processor.

Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 5.00.59 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 5.00.37 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 5.01.12 PM.webp

You do not need to restart server when we do theme updates that shouldn't affect anything. If you want send me a pc I'll take a look.
@Jake B. got the issue resolved on the backstretch. Thing is, it worked fine before the update, so I don't know if that background color was applied in the update, or was something that I had set that did not cause an issue before the update.
I always clear any cache (redis/memcached) and restart the PHP processor and server just to make sure that it's not a cache issue before really complaining as I have had issues with cache causing DB updates not to take effect in the past (not just with UI.X but other add-ons also).
I've even gone so far as to revert the system from 7.0.3 of PHP to 5.6 series to trouble shoot before reporting something.
.mainPanelWrapper had a background color assigned to it which was covering the image set by backstretch, which is (by default) applied to body.
@i9hdkill - you may want to check and see if this is your issue also.

@Jake B. got the issue resolved on the backstretch. Thing is, it worked fine before the update, so I don't know if that background color was applied in the update, or was something that I had set that did not cause an issue before the update.
I always clear any cache (redis/memcached) and restart the PHP processor and server just to make sure that it's not a cache issue before really complaining as I have had issues with cache causing DB updates not to take effect in the past (not just with UI.X but other add-ons also).
I've even gone so far as to revert the system from 7.0.3 of PHP to 5.6 series to trouble shoot before reporting something.

@i9hdkill - you may want to check and see if this is your issue also.
As I mentioned I think it was just the setting that was left on, not an actual bug. And like I mentioned, you really do not need to go through all that trouble of resetting/clearing everything, typically its just a CSS bug or a packaging error at worst. Since theme bugs are visual, they make it seem as if something is extremely wrong, when really it could just be something fairly simple.

Just to be clear... Support is giving me the run around.. telling me they dont understand what I mean... Isnt the image I uploaded making sense?

Anyway...

Just so others understand what the update has done on my website... (the question thats being avoided here and on their support it seems)
Yeah.. kind of pissed of at support...

baby-steps.webp

Top Bottom