UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Found another bug. If you inspect your own avatar on the home page the width and height are not set correctly (missing px).

Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 12.34.01.webp

@Mike Creuzer
I have some issues that have been discussed at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/installed-xengallery-problems-now-started.110832/#post-1025615

I am running UIX - 1.5.4.0 https://www.audentio.com/shop/view/XenForo/ui.x-23
XenForo - 1.5.4
XenGallery - 1.1.3
XenCentral - 1.6.6
Resource Manager - 1.2.2

The errors which only occured when I installed XenGallery are as follows:
  1. Fatal Error: Class 'XenCentral_Trade_Model_Abstract' not found Today at 1:06 AM - library/XenCentral/Trade/Model/Options.php:13
  2. Delete...
    Fatal Error: Class 'XenCentral_Framework_Install' not found Today at 12:35 AM - library/XenCentral/Trade/Install.php:13
  3. Delete...
    Fatal Error: Class 'XenCentral_Framework_Install' not found Today at 12:35 AM - library/XenCentral/Trade/Install.php:13

I tried to AUTO MERGE as directed ... didnt work... I then tried to do it manually with the same failed result

This is the details of the Outdated Templates screen
Can you help me sort this out please :)

Height and Width are dependencies from a XF core property called "@visitorPanelAvatar"... which seems to be... blank by default. So it can't calculate a Width or Height. I think it can be ignored anyway.

sidebar1.webp

screen2.webp

I recently bought this style but I keep getting this popup and I don't know howto disable it
51874f9d1320b88f3f12f3687748cb08.png

I would like to see a fix for the Theme not being recognized as a forum in Google.

See also here:

https://xenforo.com/community/posts/1025261

As stated in that thread, its not UI.X. It has to do with many factors, possibly page rank, running SSL, etc.

@Mike Creuzer

Mike, you've not responded to some comments under your other uix based themes like rekt. Given a lot of those themes have not been updated for quite some time I'm wondering if you can comment here.

Thanks

I was told by Jake B 2 upgrades ago of UI.X that all the other styles like rekt etc will not be upgraded until all the bugs are out of UI.X because UI.X is the base for all the others. Given the number of comments since release of UI.X 1.5.4 it could be a while longer for the others to be released.

We wanted to get this stable UI.X release out. So long as there are no bugs, I should be able to get this update out right away. Too many things (for client jobs) came up for us, we needed it fixed in UI.X. They were minor but annoying.

How can I change the colors in the Help section? Like the links. I want them dark red instead of light gray. Thanks.

I believe that is just general links. Or .primaryContent links. In the style properties check primaryContent link under building blocks and see if that does it.

@Mike Creuzer
I have some issues that have been discussed at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/installed-xengallery-problems-now-started.110832/#post-1025615

I am running UIX - 1.5.4.0 https://www.audentio.com/shop/view/XenForo/ui.x-23
XenForo - 1.5.4
XenGallery - 1.1.3
XenCentral - 1.6.6
Resource Manager - 1.2.2

The errors which only occured when I installed XenGallery are as follows:
  1. Fatal Error: Class 'XenCentral_Trade_Model_Abstract' not found Today at 1:06 AM - library/XenCentral/Trade/Model/Options.php:13
  2. Delete...
  3. Delete...

I tried to AUTO MERGE as directed ... didnt work... I then tried to do it manually with the same failed result

This is the details of the Outdated Templates screen
Can you help me sort this out please :)

Your version seems correct. Sometimes you get these errors based on the order in which you installed the theme. I do not believe they cause issues though. You should be able to go into them and click save. The message should go away.

@Mike Creuzer I have just upgraded from 1.5.3.1 to 1.5.4. I have merged outdated templates but have 3 that didn't automatically merge (each of which I had previously made custom edits to):

forum_list Custom Version: 1.5.0, Parent Version: 1.5.4
navigation Custom Version: 1.5.3, Parent Version: 1.5.4
thread_list_item Custom Version: 1.5.2, Parent Version: 1.5.4

In each case, I went to manually merge these but received this error message for each one:

Error
No previous version of the parent could be found. Merging is not possible.

I've done manual merges before but I've never had this problem. What has caused this? What am I supposed to do with it telling me to merge changes but merging isn't possible?

@Mike Creuzer I have just upgraded from 1.5.3.1 to 1.5.4. I have merged outdated templates but have 3 that didn't automatically merge (each of which I had previously made custom edits to):

forum_list Custom Version: 1.5.0, Parent Version: 1.5.4
navigation Custom Version: 1.5.3, Parent Version: 1.5.4
thread_list_item Custom Version: 1.5.2, Parent Version: 1.5.4

In each case, I went to manually merge these but received this error message for each one:

Error
No previous version of the parent could be found. Merging is not possible.

I've done manual merges before but I've never had this problem. What has caused this? What am I supposed to do with it telling me to merge changes but merging isn't possible?

If you get that you'll have to manually merge your customizations using something like WinMerge or FileMerge

If you get that you'll have to manually merge your customizations using something like WinMerge or FileMerge
So what's caused this problem? I don't believe it's anything I've done, I've upgraded in the same recommended way each time.

So what's caused this problem? I don't believe it's anything I've done, I've upgraded in the same recommended way each time.

It looks like this is what XenForo uses to generate that error message:
PHP:
$previousVersion= $this->_getTemplateModel()->getLatestTemplateHistoryForTemplate(
   $template['title'], $parentTemplate['style_id'], $template['last_edit_date']
);
if (!$previousVersion)
{
   return $this->responseError(new XenForo_Phrase('no_previous_version_of_parent_could_be_found'));
}

So my guess is that there is no longer a template history stored for the template you're trying to edit, most likely caused by your 'Daily Clean Up' cron that prunes template edit histories. Unfortunately this is completely out of our control.

It looks like this is what XenForo uses to generate that error message:
PHP:
$previousVersion= $this->_getTemplateModel()->getLatestTemplateHistoryForTemplate(
   $template['title'], $parentTemplate['style_id'], $template['last_edit_date']
);
if (!$previousVersion)
{
   return $this->responseError(new XenForo_Phrase('no_previous_version_of_parent_could_be_found'));
}

So my guess is that there is no longer a template history stored for the template you're trying to edit, most likely caused by your 'Daily Clean Up' cron that prunes template edit histories. Unfortunately this is completely out of our control.
Hmm. I guess the best bet for me is to increase the Template History Length (Days) setting in the ACP.

Fortunately the merges were easy to do (they were mostly just edits of mine that I had separately noted anyway) and these were reconfirmed using find differences in TextWrangler.

As stated in that thread, its not UI.X. It has to do with many factors, possibly page rank, running SSL, etc.
I understand that's hard to find out what's the cause. But our competition has a lower pagerank (PR 0!), a smaller and younger board and not running SSL.

We are larger, have a higher PR, we run SSL and so on, but his forum is recognized as forum and ours isn't.

The only thing I see is that the default skin has other micro data than the UI.X skin, when I run a checker.

Hmm. I guess the best bet for me is to increase the Template History Length (Days) setting in the ACP.

Fortunately the merges were easy to do (they were mostly just edits of mine that I had separately noted anyway) and these were reconfirmed using find differences in TextWrangler.
Arguably, you may just be able to save the templates. I mean if you're sure nothing changed, you could try to find a comparison of 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 UI.X and see if you did anything. If not, just leave it.

I understand that's hard to find out what's the cause. But our competition has a lower pagerank (PR 0!), a smaller and younger board and not running SSL.

We are larger, have a higher PR, we run SSL and so on, but his forum is recognized as forum and ours isn't.

The only thing I see is that the default skin has other micro data than the UI.X skin, when I run a checker.
Could you give me some examples? We don't change microdata or anything, we leave that all alone.

Could you give me some examples? We don't change microdata or anything, we leave that all alone.
I think it was the title of the first breadcrumb that was missing, when choosing an home-icon instead of the word 'Home'.

I noticed tags like pmr-metatags-og_type-article were on our forum, but not on the forum of my competition. But I do not have enough knowledge to understand what the difference is.

I think it was the title of the first breadcrumb that was missing, when choosing an home-icon instead of the word 'Home'.

I noticed tags like pmr-metatags-og_type-article were on our forum, but not on the forum of my competition. But I do not have enough knowledge to understand what the difference is.
As in the title tag? title=""? Or just the fact of it being a house icon instead of 'Home'?

Yes as title="" it was empty when using the icon and it gave an error on the data checker in Google. Was fixed when putting it back to 'Home'

It really gave an error, and the title was empty, and because the title was empty he couldn't use it as first breadcrumb in the Google search.

It is in the option: Show Home Crumb as Icon

Icon (gives the error):
<span class="crust homeCrumb" itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb">
<a href="https://forumurl" class="crumb" rel="up" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title"><i class="uix_icon uix_icon-home"></i></span></a>

Versus normal 'Home':

<span class="crust homeCrumb" itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb">
<a href="https://forumurl" class="crumb" rel="up" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title">Home</span></a>

Top Bottom