UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Don't know if already reported but on mobile, the titles of conversations aren't displayed anymore:

a85ebbc883c3.png

I'm sorry, but how would I do this? There's no button to revert stuff:
edccf5202590.jpg
For the offcanvas titles, We'll have this fixed in an upcoming release but adding this to extra.css should fix it for now:
Code:
.sidePanel__mediaObjectList .listItem .title a {
    color: @primaryDarker;
}

Did https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ui-x-paid.57944/page-286#post-1010243 fix your resetting issue? Its possible you will need to revert any custom css you've done in templates as well.

Please, is there any short fix available for the notice/alert problems?
Are you referring to https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ui-x-paid.57944/page-285#post-1009258 or a different issue? If it's a different issue, can you describe it a bit more (sorry if I missed it).

Getting lots of complaints when someone clicks on a thread with new posts in it, the first new post is above the navbar so people have to scroll up to see the first unread message.
This is happening on our site too. Clicking the timestamp to go to the last post starts it at the very top of the screen, where it's covered by the sticky navigation.
Issue reported by a member:
These are all likely related. I'll take a look. Can you link to your sites for me to see the issue as well?

I'm having the same problem, how did you fixed? I just updated to the latest version from an older version

Beside that how could I show alerts and Inbox icons on mobile? They were always visibile before the upgrade on top :(
Can you link me to your site? I'll take a look.

Alerts in the off-canvas menu aren't clickable anymore.
See: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ui-x-paid.57944/page-285#post-1009258 for a temporary fix. Will be fixed in the next update.

In message_user_info,

Code:
<xen:avatar user="$user" size="@uix_postbit_avatarSize" img="true" />

has been changed to,

Code:
<xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" img="true" />

making the option for avatar size not work.
Not sure how that got changed, but it should be the second one. I'll take a look.

Disabling an off-canvas menu removes things from desktop version too. I disabled visitor tabs on off-canvas right menu, and visitor tabs are completely gone.
This will be fixed in our next update. It happens when only one offcanvas menu is enabled. As a workaround, you can enable the other menu and set the breakpoint to 1px.

Don't know if already reported but on mobile, the titles of conversations aren't displayed anymore:

a85ebbc883c3.png

There is a style property for media object titles in the off-canvas side panels. Under the UI.X Off-Canvas Panels style property group, look for "Panel Media Object Title".

When you go to a new post the new post it up above the navbar. Here is a pic showing that...

Attachments

• 1stpost.webp
    1stpost.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 14
@reddy ink I had the same issue - but I ran a custom child style (luckily most of my edits in EXTRA.css). I created a NEW child style, moved all my edits over to it (template and CSS) and then made that the default. Once I did that it started working fine. I think it is a problem if you upgrade and certain existing custom child styles.

Thank you, that worked also for me. It's somehow frustrating to make a new style and do all the edits again.

For developers: don't get me wrong, I love this style and it's features, it's surely the most complete style I ever seen for a forum, but I'm afaraid I should switch to another style. I bought this style 2 years ago, I did all the upgrades for a year and often I had problems and should start from scratch. Yesterday I did upgrade my XF and audentio license, there was a year since last update because I always had fear to touch this style. I am not a webdeveloper or designer, I just manage a commnity, I cannot afford to loose hours when upgrading a style, I prefer to dedicate this time to my community. I opened a ticket and asked for refund.... :(

@reddy ink I had the same issue - but I ran a custom child style (luckily most of my edits in EXTRA.css). I created a NEW child style, moved all my edits over to it (template and CSS) and then made that the default. Once I did that it started working fine. I think it is a problem if you upgrade and certain existing custom child styles.
Thank you, that worked also for me. It's somehow frustrating to make a new style and do all the edits again.

You don't need to restart, it's caused by edits you made to a template not porting over likely. Specifically the navigation template on this instance.

For developers: don't get me wrong, I love this style and it's features, it's surely the most complete style I ever seen for a forum, but I'm afaraid I should switch to another style. I bought this style 2 years ago, I did all the upgrades for a year and often I had problems and should start from scratch. Yesterday I did upgrade my XF and audentio license, there was a year since last update because I always had fear to touch this style. I am not a webdeveloper or designer, I just manage a commnity, I cannot afford to loose hours when upgrading a style, I prefer to dedicate this time to my community. I opened a ticket and asked for refund.... :(

You'll have the same issue with any style. If you make changes to it and upgrade things will break if you don't know what you're doing. We do offer an upgrade service.

If you make changes to it and upgrade things will break if you don't know what you're doing
it was working before the update....

Don't want to go offtopic here, this topic is already a mess, I manage forums for about 10 years, I'm quite new to XF but trust me in all these years I never lost so much time updating a style

it was working before the update....

Don't want to go offtopic here, this topic is already a mess, I manage forums for about 10 years, I'm quite new to XF but trust me in all these years I never lost so much time updating a style

Yes it worked before the update, but it was likely a template you edited that was changed and wasn't merged properly.

It appears people are really having difficulties with this update. Is there an ETA for a new release?

The biggest problem at the moment (for me) is that if you does not have the forum open (in a browser) and you get ONE notice/alert (e.g. "someone liked your post"), the next time you open the forum you will see the red notice flag BUT with a "0" - not with a "1". Could you please provide a fast fix?

• alerts don't show long enough
Same here. The background colorization of the alerts popup menu list is just gone after the page fully loads and not when you open the popup menu as per default. Looks like JS scripts block or intervene with each other.

The menu on mobile is working only if I scroll down first, otherwise it's still not working... even if I start from "clean" style.

I would like to see the notification icon from mobile, is there any settings for this that I cannot find?

Same here. The background colorization of the alerts popup menu list is just gone after the page fully loads and not when you open the popup menu as per default. Looks like JS scripts block or intervene with each other.
Yep was able to sort this out. Will be fixed in 1.5.3.0.

The menu on mobile is working only if I scroll down first, otherwise it's still not working... even if I start from "clean" style.

I would like to see the notification icon from mobile, is there any settings for this that I cannot find?
I'm not sure I follow your first issue. Are you referring to dropdown menus in the navigation? Could you maybe post a screenshot of it working and not working?
If I'm understanding the second issue you're referring to, this should be fixed in 1.5.3.0.

When you go to a new post the new post it up above the navbar. Here is a pic showing that...

Regarding sticky nav overlapping the post, mine does it too. https://wweforums.net/cccharizards.t47458/page-2#post-1019054
Another thing, after clicking an alert link to a thread, sticky nav does not work.

https://denofangels.com

• sticky nav hides the top of posts
• page doesn't go back to the top of a post after images load
• alerts don't show long enough

The biggest problem at the moment (for me) is that if you does not have the forum open (in a browser) and you get ONE notice/alert (e.g. "someone liked your post"), the next time you open the forum you will see the red notice flag BUT with a "0" - not with a "1". Could you please provide a fast fix?

Thanks for the examples. I was able to fix these for 1.5.3.0 :).

Mike Creuzer updated UI.X with a new update entry:

Bug fixes and upgrade to 1.5.3

Hi everyone,

Note: this version requires the latest update to the UI.X add-on version 1.0.7. The add-on can be downloaded from your customer area at Audentio.com.

We also offer installation ($15) and upgrades (starting at $99 - but if you set it up properly its free because its just one click) for those who would rather we take care of it for you. Any major issues will be fixed and we'll set it up so you only have to click a button moving forward.

If you want to do this yourself,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom