UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Getting lots of complaints when someone clicks on a thread with new posts in it, the first new post is above the navbar so people have to scroll up to see the first unread message.

@Mike Creuzer: Is there a chance to have third-party navTabs functionality (is-active, selected) integrated in the OffCanvas Nav Panels in the future? I am using Sirupo's custom navigation menu add-on and it integrates well into the UI.X Framework including being visible in the Off-Canvas menu navigation but the "selected is-active" classes are not addressed to the extra tab. I hope the functionality could be doable like the third party add-on integration into the User Bar as you did before. (y)

Yup! This is a bug in the latest release!

Getting lots of complaints when someone clicks on a thread with new posts in it, the first new post is above the navbar so people have to scroll up to see the first unread message.

This is happening on our site too. Clicking the timestamp to go to the last post starts it at the very top of the screen, where it's covered by the sticky navigation.

Hello @Mike Creuzer

Purchased UI.X today. But while working on it I can't achieved to show up footer. Hide buttons isn't checked but still footer not showing up. Can you help me in this case?
There are 2 options where you can set your footer, please select one of them and not both
  1. In the style property (Use Style Property Values for Extended Footer)
  2. In the Uix addon (show extender footer)

@Mike Creuzer: Is there a chance to have third-party navTabs functionality (is-active, selected) integrated in the OffCanvas Nav Panels in the future? I am using Sirupo's custom navigation menu add-on and it integrates well into the UI.X Framework including being visible in the Off-Canvas menu navigation but the "selected is-active" classes are not addressed to the extra tab. I hope the functionality could be doable like the third party add-on integration into the User Bar as you did before. (y)

Disregard this... UIX is not to blame. Sirupo Custom Tabs don't work with UIX OffCanvas Menus. I switched to "Nodes As Tabs". And it works right away. I can only recommend that add-0n. It integrates great.

The Menu button on the mobile version of my site isn't working. How can I fix this?
I'm having the same problem, how did you fixed? I just updated to the latest version from an older version

Beside that how could I show alerts and Inbox icons on mobile? They were always visibile before the upgrade on top :(

Issue reported by a member:

The forum software is no longer compensating for images in posts; previously, once the images above the oldest new post loaded, the view would jump back to the top of that post. Now, the view stays wherever it ended up when the images finished loading, necessitating scrolling down and hunting for the new posts at the end of the view.

@reddy ink I had the same issue - but I ran a custom child style (luckily most of my edits in EXTRA.css). I created a NEW child style, moved all my edits over to it (template and CSS) and then made that the default. Once I did that it started working fine. I think it is a problem if you upgrade and certain existing custom child styles.

Last edited:
In message_user_info,

Code:
<xen:avatar user="$user" size="@uix_postbit_avatarSize" img="true" />

has been changed to,

Code:
<xen:avatar user="$user" size="m" img="true" />

making the option for avatar size not work.

Disabling an off-canvas menu removes things from desktop version too. I disabled visitor tabs on off-canvas right menu, and visitor tabs are completely gone.

I would really like this add-on to leave the "new features" route and go to a "more stable" route for the rest of the lifetime of the XF1 version.

The frequent "huge" updates breaking many custom changes are not easy to handle.

I'll be the first to admit that there have been growing pains with UI.X. The honest answer is that as the product has matured we've also matured as front-end developers. We carefully weigh whether specific features need to be refactored for the sake of long-term maintainability because you're right; when stuff breaks seemingly unnecessarily, it sucks.

The off-canvas system as well as general pageWidth stuff were messy and problems came up with several custom developed themes. At this time @Mike Creuzer and the rest of the team are happy with the current state of the code, save for a few bugs which will be crushed soon.

Further development on UI.X from here on out will be purely maintenance. That's the future of UI.X.

Top Bottom