UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
So far - what I see from my upgrade on my iPhone from remote.. the responsive sucks. When I go back to what it was basically for the off-canvas, my off-canvas doesn't display when hitting the menu button.. it flickers (the button) and that's it.
IOS 9.0.2 using Chrome (and no, can't upgrade to the latest IOS as I'm JB on it).

Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 1.25.00 AM.webp

So far - what I see from my upgrade on my iPhone from remote.. the responsive sucks. When I go back to what it was basically for the off-canvas, my off-canvas doesn't display when hitting the menu button.. it flickers (the button) and that's it.
IOS 9.0.2 using Chrome (and no, can't upgrade to the latest IOS as I'm JB on it).

View attachment 122192
Hmm a flicker. Anything else? And is there a link I can check out?

Hmm a flicker. Anything else? And is there a link I can check out?
That's all it does.. no off-screen shows up
https://thebent.bike

I did have an issue in which I upgraded to the 1.0.7 of the add-on, and got the alert of the new version. And it installed 2 copies of it (the old one and then a new one). Wonder if that may be the problem. I've deleted the old ones now.

OK, did a total removal of all of them.. now and it didn't fix the problem. Now I'm about to do a total removal of the add-on and the styles and restart the server subsystems to clear any cache.

@Mike Creuzer, may have figured out the issue. Apparently the file I downloaded for the UI.X 1.0.7 only had the .XML in the /library folder. Am downloading a new copy now to try.

EDIT:
OK, after starting the styles over from scratch and installing the new downloaded UI.X, the off-canvas works. Now all I have to do is re-do all the template mods I did since apparently something is messed up in the exported style when I import it.

Last edited:
Heya @Mike Creuzer . This will be my first upgrade since going live. As far as the line about "You must disable the UI.X Add-on before updating" - do you recommend putting the board in offline mode while doing this? Obviously if not, I see a bunch of notices about missing Javascript etc. when I refresh.

Just want to make sure I do this "the proper way". Thanks!

P.S. I still haven't figured out that issue with the non stickybar when logged in. Baffling.

Side note to what Mike said, no you don't have to turn the board off. The add-on only needs to be disabled while you update the add-on, those notices will not show up to regular users, only administrators :)

@Mike Creuzer: First, thank you (and the team) for the improvements. Some are pretty slick. At some places I had to revert my custom fixes, as they are implemented now.

Here are two three bugs I found so far:

1) The Sidebar Toggle is still there if in responsive mode (sidebar under main container). Was this intentional? I found no option to adjust that. So I came up with:
@media (max-width:maxResponsiveWidth) {
.uix_breadCrumb_toggleList { display: none; }
}

The only intention I can imagine was to have the chance to get the sidebar back if you toggled it off on desktop and later return to the forum on a mobile device. But that produces an ugly kilometer long gap if you toggle the sidebar off in responsive mode. Furthermore, clicking it again to toggle the sidebar back, does not work too.... Suggestion: Reset the last toggle state every time the page is loaded in responsive mode. That will always show the sidebar underneath the main content no matter how the last state was and hide the switch in responsive.
2) OffCanvasPanels: Visitor Navigation Alerts Tab: The links "Alerts", "Alert Preferences" and "Show all..." are not working (are dead although href links seem to be ok).

EDIT:

3) Visitor OffCanvas Panel z-index: If elements on the canvas near the page edge have a css box-shadow and you activate the off canvas menu on the right hand side, the shadow casts onto the off canvas menu. Changing the z-index of the OffCanvas menu breaks the functionality of the sliding effect. Is there a workaround?

Last edited:
Also, i have been spammed by this error for the past week:
XenForo_Exception: Please enter at least one valid recipient. - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1345
Generated By: Unknown Account, 44 minutes ago

When I click new posts a lot of the time the posts are centred and it looks crap. It was sonly happening every so often but seems to be happening a lot more now, maybe 50% of the time. Its happening on the desktop and mobile. Any suggestions..? Her is a pic.

242v0iw.png

Might be I found a bug.

If you are not logged in and e.g. someone likes one of your posts, the next time you open the forum the notice will show "0" instead of "1". I tried with default style of UI.X, same error. I tried with XF default style, NO error, shows "1".

BTW, if you are logged in it shows "1" correctly. Only if the forum is not opened it displays "0".

@Mike Creuzer: First, thank you (and the team) for the improvements. Some are pretty slick. At some places I had to revert my custom fixes, as they are implemented now.

Here are two three bugs I found so far:

1) The Sidebar Toggle is still there if in responsive mode (sidebar under main container). Was this intentional? I found no option to adjust that. So I came up with:
@media (max-width:maxResponsiveWidth) {
.uix_breadCrumb_toggleList { display: none; }
}

The only intention I can imagine was to have the chance to get the sidebar back if you toggled it off on desktop and later return to the forum on a mobile device. But that produces an ugly kilometer long gap if you toggle the sidebar off in responsive mode. Furthermore, clicking it again to toggle the sidebar back, does not work too.... Suggestion: Reset the last toggle state every time the page is loaded in responsive mode. That will always show the sidebar underneath the main content no matter how the last state was and hide the switch in responsive.
2) OffCanvasPanels: Visitor Navigation Alerts Tab: The links "Alerts", "Alert Preferences" and "Show all..." are not working (are dead although href links seem to be ok).

EDIT:

3) Visitor OffCanvas Panel z-index: If elements on the canvas near the page edge have a css box-shadow and you activate the off canvas menu on the right hand side, the shadow casts onto the off canvas menu. Changing the z-index of the OffCanvas menu breaks the functionality of the sliding effect. Is there a workaround?

Thanks for pointing these out. It's super helpful, as there aren't enough hours in the day for QA!

1. This is a confirmed bug that will be fixed soon. Unfortunately, there isn't a good temporary fix without significant template edits. You can very well hide the .uix_breadCrumb_toggleList, but that will also hide any other list items in the toggle list. Also you'll want to use the @uix_sidebarMaxResponsiveWidth style property as your media query breakpoint.

2. This is also a confirmed bug that has to deal with poorly defined tab and tab panels in the uix_offCanvasSidebarVisitorTabs template. This fix requires two edits.

Look for:
Code:
<a class="sidePanel__tab js-alertTabPanel">

Replace with:
Code:
<a class="sidePanel__tab js-alertTab">

Look for:
Code:
trigger: $('.sidePanel--visitor .js-alertTabPanel'),

Replace with:
Code:
trigger: $('.sidePanel--visitor .js-alertTab'),

3. It's important to note that z-indexing changes depending on the panel animation type. For which animation type are you speaking: reveal, push, or cover?

Might be I found a bug.

If you are not logged in and e.g. someone likes one of your posts, the next time you open the forum the notice will show "0" instead of "1". I tried with default style of UI.X, same error. I tried with XF default style, NO error, shows "1".

BTW, if you are logged in it shows "1" correctly. Only if the forum is not opened it displays "0".
Same bug here!

Unable to replicate this one. Does it happen on UI.X or your child theme. If so, can you send me a demo link at audentio.com?

Also, i have been spammed by this error for the past week:
XenForo_Exception: Please enter at least one valid recipient. - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1345
Generated By: Unknown Account, 44 minutes ago

Will have @Jake B. take a look.

Are the "tags" inlined now?

Yes that was just a missing template in the last release for 1.5. I'm seeing inline just fine.

When I click new posts a lot of the time the posts are centred and it looks crap. It was sonly happening every so often but seems to be happening a lot more now, maybe 50% of the time. Its happening on the desktop and mobile. Any suggestions..? Her is a pic.

242v0iw.png

Definitely unable to replicate, how strange. Would you mind creating a ticket with login credentials, browser/device information, and a link?

@Mike Creuzer

Any idea why my rating sprite suddenly changed to like this
View attachment 122291
View attachment 122293

Does this happen to you on your UI.X install? I'm unable to replicate this as well. Make sure you aren't zoomed in also.

Top Bottom