UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
im still lost here. i understand the cached versions on google, but on my live site i have these issues ? is it the same thing essentially ?

im still lost here. i understand the cached versions on google, but on my live site i have these issues ? is it the same thing essentially ?

You shouldn't have these issues when viewing your site directly. The issue comes when Google adds the code for the bar that goes across the top of the cached page, but doesn't add a doctype before it causing the browser to go into Quirks mode.

Jake

Are you referring to the 'Font from origin' issue? That's related to you hosting your font on your CDN but for that to work you'll have to configure CORS to allow the font to be used on an external domain. http://schock.net/articles/2013/07/03/hosting-web-fonts-on-a-cdn-youre-going-to-need-some-cors/ should have some helpful information.

Mike Creuzer updated UI.X with a new update entry:

Upgraded to XenForo 1.5.2, Google cache issue resolved, and minor bugs fixed

Hi everyone,

Note: this version requires the latest update to the UI.X add-on version 1.0.6. The add-on can be downloaded from your customer area at Audentio.com.

We also offer installation ($15) and upgrades (starting at $99 - but if you set it up properly its free because its just one click) for those who would rather we take care of it for you. Any major issues will be fixed and we'll set it up so you only have to click a button moving forward.

If you want to do this yourself,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I never check google cache for anything unless the site is gone/down and I really really need to see the page. While there may be some sort of valid unresolved yet issue here, this isn't a showstopper for anyone is it? If I'm checking the cache of a page, font awesome and avatars (and other images) are worthless for what I'm after which is the content.
This

It's hardly a major issue, yet certain people are treating it like it's the end of the internet.
They are all concern about SEO.
Google = SEO.

They are all concern about SEO.
Google = SEO.
Im certain Google is aware of this though, I mean I doubt this issue is specific to XenForo. The algorithm that adds the markup in seems to randomly decide how it appends, and its a new issue, as in a week old. And even when I check broken sites and fetch as google, I see a normal page. It only seems to affect the live view of the cache. So I doubt this will affect rankings.

Thanks to the Audentio team for looking into this and providing a solution to Google's problem with the Web Cache. Hopefully Google will fix it at some point.

Keep up the good work. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks to the Audentio team for looking into this and providing a solution to Google's problem with the Web Cache. Hopefully Google will fix it at some point.

Keep up the good work. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RED DWARF YES!

XenForo is complaning that the UI.X xengallery_media_statistics_block template is 'out of date but has been edited more recently than the parent. Merging can only be done by hand.'

What should I change it too? Are there any UI.X changes?

Custom Version: 1.0.5
Parent Version: 1.1.2

This is the main UI.X root style.

Liam

Top Bottom