UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I installed [bd]cache last week and I was wondering if that is where the problems have come from - I've disabled it again (a couple of days ago) to test. Before installing it all my pages were displaying ok and I wasn't receiving any errors when using the Fetch As Google function in webmaster tools but with it enabled I was receiving errors such as scripts, style sheets and images being temporarily unavailable. I'm no expert but my guess is that is why the errors are appearing in google pagecache?

Anyway, I'll leave [bd]cache disabled to see how things work out over the next few days.

edit: I've even have errors relating to robot.txt even though I haven't got a robot.txt file (I'm assuming this is because of the defer blacklist from [bd]cache blocking ads)

I installed [bd]cache last week and I was wondering if that is where the problems have come from - I've disabled it again (a couple of days ago) to test. Before installing it all my pages were displaying ok and I wasn't receiving any errors when using the Fetch As Google function in webmaster tools but with it enabled I was receiving errors such as scripts, style sheets and images being temporarily unavailable. I'm no expert but my guess is that is why the errors are appearing in google pagecache?

Anyway, I'll leave [bd]cache disabled to see how things work out over the next few days.
Thanks for your help, @Gemma I appreciate it. Just checked your site and as of today you are no longer having the cache issue even though I know you were just a few days ago last I checked.

Can everyone running [bd] Cache check if their site is having the google cache issue? Let me know here just so I can confirm.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 3.09.27 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 3.09.27 PM.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 9
One of my sites that was fine before and then showed the issue over the weekend is now fine as of right now.

I've installed one new addon (Bob's power rankings) and upgraded another (BD Mails). This site is using the latest DEV/Beta of WF.

The other site I have that has always had the issue is on the 2.5.9 version of WF... no time to upgrade that yet but when I do, I will report if I see a change.

And I'm seeing this issue on the sites that have the issue, but I'm not sure what it means exactly.
I think you will find that the sites have the cross-site scripting issues are probably running nginx.
It's usually controlled with the
Code:
location ~ \.(ttf|svg|ttc|otf|eot|woff|woff2|font.css|css|js)$ {
           add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*";
}
in the location / section.

Last edited:
Well, i'm gonna give it a try here as wel. I bought these really great theme but ran into a small problem (a bug with their software from what i can tell). Well actually big enough for me to stop my site from launching. The thing is they banned me from their site! I have no idea why. I bought the theme, paid for it, asked 1 support question. Came back the next day...banned. I'm not a scammer, thief, spammer or anything else bad. I'm just a honest customer who paid for a theme and needs some customer support. I've been trying for days to reach these people but i get blocked or ignored. They contact mail they list when you are banned to solve the issue is not working.
What do i need to do to talk to someone there to get some much needed support!!

Well, i'm gonna give it a try here as wel. I bought these really great theme but ran into a small problem (a bug with their software from what i can tell). Well actually big enough for me to stop my site from launching. The thing is they banned me from their site! I have no idea why. I bought the theme, paid for it, asked 1 support question. Came back the next day...banned. I'm not a scammer, thief, spammer or anything else bad. I'm just a honest customer who paid for a theme and needs some customer support. I've been trying for days to reach these people but i get blocked or ignored. They contact mail they list when you are banned to solve the issue is not working.
What do i need to do to talk to someone there to get some much needed support!!
Hi there, I keep responding to you. I've received an email and a ticket and I've responded to both. But yet to hear back on both. Now I cannot get a hold of you. You were likely banned because you are in StopForumSpam's database. We have to have some anti-spam measurements, I would contact them and try to get removed. As soon as you tell me the username I will unban it.

Hi there, I keep responding to you. I've received an email and a ticket and I've responded to both. But yet to hear back on both. Now I cannot get a hold of you. You were likely banned because you are in StopForumSpam's database. We have to have some anti-spam measurements, I would contact them and try to get removed. As soon as you tell me the username I will unban it.

Thanks for the fast answer. I tried to contact you with at least 2 different emails and i just checked, no reply. Not sure what's going wrong. And i certainly don't forum spam. I use a vpn though. Could that be it? Username Seraphim please.

Ah i found a reply to a third mail i didn't check. Sorry, it's so chaotic. I think i tried to contact you through 3 different email providers.

I think you will find that the sites have the cross-site scripting issues are probably running nginx.
It's usually controlled with the
Code:
location ~ \.(ttf|svg|ttc|otf|eot|woff|woff2|font.css|css|js)$ {
           add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*";
}
in the location / section.
I am on shared hosting. Wonder if the host will do this for me.

@Mike Creuzer
I have put your 'hack' solution on extra.css - thanks for looking into this. Fingers crossed.

I am on shared hosting. Wonder if the host will do this for me.
If you are on shared hosting, then there is an .htaccess version of it that you can use (placed in your htaccess)
Code:
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
</IfModule>
may work. I haven't used Apache in ages so have gotten a little rusty.

Reactions: vij
I just checked your site and Im not seeing the cache issue on your site. You were seeing it?
You must check older sites with cache befor 14. october because I disabled the Sidebar at this date.

By the way. I use Nginx.
What use the others who have the problem?

For your interest: After I disabled the sidebar last week and have a clear cache, I've made a great leap in the search results in Google from yesterday to today. This shows the importance of solution to the problem is.

Reactions: HWS

So any idea how to solve my issue? It's really annoying and i need to solve it before i can launch the site. As you can see in the screenshot the Facebook preview does not show up. It however does show up on the forums page. This is from the mainpage.

http://imgur.com/PBIrzTT

@Mike Creuzer Did you read my post here?

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ui-x-paid.57944/page-266#post-995289

And this from the other members.

I just made a test.

I have the default style enabled in a forum and have taken 10 URLs from my Sitmap and let them rendering of Google.
After that I did the UIX Style reactivated and render 10 more URLs.

The result:

Standard Style: 10 from 10 NO temporarily unavailable errors
UIX Style: 8 from 10 temporarily unavailable errors

It´seems to me that the style has a massiv problem. You can check this by yourself. All people can do that.
Is one css temporarily unavailable, than the WF Sidebar kills your Google Cache.

What do you say?
I've been looking into this. We do not run nginx on our server so the issue is not scoped to that. It looks like it is server/file permission related though. I'm just not sure why. File permissions seem to be correct all, yes?

No.

It happens on Thread View with BD Widget Sidebars.
Samples:
  1. http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...threads/kiffin-just-resigned-via-text.239477/
  2. http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...oural-assessment-scale-nbas-cambridge.115581/

So looks like the issue only happens on XenForo site using UI-X and BD Widget Framework sidebar on Thread View.
Thanks for your help! But it doesn't seem to just be thread view, some people's indices are showing the issue too. @xfrocks can you take a look, as everyone seems to think it has something to do with UI.X and the widget framework together. If you have any insight its most appreciated.

So any idea how to solve my issue? It's really annoying and i need to solve it before i can launch the site. As you can see in the screenshot the Facebook preview does not show up. It however does show up on the forums page. This is from the mainpage.

http://imgur.com/PBIrzTT
Just edit the footer style property under Style Properties > UI.X Footer. You'll need to setup the facebook widget you how want.

Just edit the footer style property under Style Properties > UI.X Footer. You'll need to setup the facebook widget you how want.

Look, i got that. As i explained the footer already works perfectly. On the forums page. Just not on the mainpage, which is a different page. But with the same footer. The footer settings are fine. It just behaves differently on 2 different pages. On one it shows an empty space and the other it shows the Facebook widget. Thanks.

Top Bottom