UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
In Style Properties > [UI.X] Header, there are a bunch of settings for Viewport width & heights (lower bound and upper bound). If you always want the sticky navigation to be available to any device, set all of these to 0.
@Martok you ROCK. That did it!

Could you please tell me how to make user bar sticky on desktop but not on mobile?

Thanks for all your help!

One last thing before I take it live...there are a million errors here. Is this something to worry about?

View attachment 119479
It is something that you should sort out, though it's not a topic for this thread. It looks like an https / http issue. You'd be best starting a new thread in troubleshooting about this where others can help you solve this.

Any idea on how to inline tag in a row like default xf instead of a column which is taking lot of space.
@Mike Creuzer

upload_2015-10-12_15-30-6-png.119117
This should be fixed in the next release.
I am ready for your apologies :)

As I say, that is the problem !!! No Google Cache bug pah :cool:

@all, any firm opinion here? Im on the fence but if there is an issue Ill fix it. Im going to go ahead and do the release soon then. Probably this weekend or Monday morning, everything else is ready to go. We have an update to the add-on as well to show a better message if for some reason our servers goes offline again, though this should not be the case. We setup our infrastructure a bit better during the downtime as well.

While we're at it, brand mark shows in nav bar when resized on browser on computer but not on iPhone either.... it SHOULD show the full logo until I scroll, at which point it switches to brand mark on nav bar and nav bar should be sticky.

Actually, it shouldn't. The setting is called 'brandmark in navigation' and applies to both the navigation style that moves the logo in the navigation as well as the sticky navigation logo, since its the same location. There are a ton of helper classes technically so if you did want to swap the images it is possible by just showing one and hiding the other on stick, then the opposite on unstick.

I don't think you can have it sticky in desktop only and not on mobile without affecting the navigation too.

This is possible, actually. Thats what those settings that you had @NamasteDogs blank out are for. So if you wanted it for just desktop you'd set the min to be whatever value (1024px) for example and max to be blank. Then it will be sticky for desktop, but stop when its a tablet or something.

This is possible, actually. Thats what those settings that you had @NamasteDogs blank out are for. So if you wanted it for just desktop you'd set the min to be whatever value (1024px) for example and max to be blank. Then it will be sticky for desktop, but stop when its a tablet or something.
I thought this affected all sticky elements - it doesn't look like you can keep the navigation sticky on mobile devices but lose the user/mod bar on just these (but keep it sticky on desktop).

I thought this affected all sticky elements - it doesn't look like you can keep the navigation sticky on mobile devices but lose the user/mod bar on just these (but keep it sticky on desktop).
Oh I see what you're saying. You're correct then, you cannot control them individually. In 2.0 UI.X you will be able to, we just never added it in this version.

I don't kn mike.. not being able to use WF reliably with peace of mind is a problem. I get the feeling that you are not very keen in troubleshooting the cache issue.

I'm just a bit jittery.... i can't do without WF and I can't keep screwing with google bot. Hope you understand my concerns.

FYI I'm on ui.x xenith style.

I don't kn mike.. not being able to use WF reliably with peace of mind is a problem. I get the feeling that you are not very keen in troubleshooting the cache issue.

I'm just a bit jittery.... i can't do without WF and I can't keep screwing with google bot. Hope you understand my concerns.
I think saying we aren't keen in troubleshooting isn't fair, we've been exploring every avenue trying to figure it out. I cannot replicate it on my board, with or without WF. If I can get a replication process, Ill likely be able to fix it, and thats assuming it is something with UI.X. Which again we cannot necessarily assume.

I think saying we aren't keen in troubleshooting isn't fair, we've been exploring every avenue trying to figure it out. I cannot replicate it on my board, with or without WF. If I can get a replication process, Ill likely be able to fix it, and thats assuming it is something with UI.X. Which again we cannot necessarily assume.
Could you pl tell me what site you tested. Il kp checking from time to time to see how it shows on google cache. Thanks.

Here is an improvement to UI.X with the AD Styler:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hello there...

One quick question!

How to make this on UI.X themes (sample is from FlatAwsome style) ? :)

View attachment 119497
This is, well, a specific customization. I find excessive use of icons unintuitive. But I know many have asked for it, its in the feature list.

For what its worth and if anyone is interested:
The cache now is screwed up for all pages with sidebar, with or without WF. Many ui.x forums are like that.

@Mike Creuzer
is forums.xf.hexthemes.com forum yours? That has a screwed up cache now btw.
generalchatter.co.uk is fine with her left sidebar currently.

Can someone find a couple of non-ui.x forum with a screwed up cache?

Last edited:
Top Bottom