UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Yes feel free to create a ticket, which I think you did already. I dont think the extra style did anything bad, Im not sure how it got there since no one else reported this, but like I said nothing to worry.

Also, we are aware of the sidebar media bug (XFMG changed a class on us >.<). Otherwise no bugs reported so far.

Thank you. I have created a ticket.

Thanks for taking a load off my mind in that it probably isn't dangerous and can be repaired. I just want to get this straightened out so I can do future upgrades with a clear mind and not lose all my work.

Thank you. Will talk to you in the support ticket.

Yeah there were actually quite a few changes by XenForo themselves in this update, hence not as smooth as normal. But still Im not having any issues aside from install/upgrade assistance tickets. Which I can understand, it takes a sec to get used to it. For 2.0 I imagine we'll do what wordpress does. 1 file (.zip) to install/upgrade everything. If its possible in 2.0 of course.

Doing it this way will ensure the 1 click process is a bit smoother. And if your server doesnt support such technology, still only 1 file. I can dream though right :P

@Mike Creuzer

Is there any possibility to upgrade to the newest version without loosing custom work cause under apparence, I have ticked and changed a lot of things and it takes a moment to restore everything...?

Thanks.

@Mike Creuzer

Is there any possibility to upgrade to the newest version without loosing custom work cause under apparence, I have ticked and changed a lot of things and it takes a moment to restore everything...?

Thanks.
So long as you made your changes to a child style, the one created through automatic creation, then you will be fine. If you edited UI.X directly, which we do everything we can to make sure no one does this, there is no way to upgrade without losing your changes.

So long as you made your changes to a child style, the one created through automatic creation, then you will be fine. If you edited UI.X directly, which we do everything we can to make sure no one does this, there is no way to upgrade without losing your changes.

Actually, I don't have any child theme and I'm using the "class" one.
However, I have changed the nodes apparence also and to be honest, it takes a few hours to restore everything... :/

Is there a work around?
Creating a child theme is a way to speed up the process and minimize changes?

If yes, can you show me an example of what I have to do please?

Thanks.

Actually, I don't have any child theme and I'm using the "class" one.
However, I have changed the nodes apparence also and to be honest, it takes a few hours to restore everything... :/

Is there a work around?
Creating a child theme is a way to speed up the process and minimize changes?

If yes, can you show me an example of what I have to do please?

Thanks.
If you edited Class directly, no there is no quick way to update. Its plastered everywhere, we even built an add-on that creates the child theme for you.

You have two methods moving forward: fork off into your own direction or start over and move your changes into a child.

Upgraded from 1.4.8.0 to 1.4.9.0 and now get the following;
Code:
Uh Oh! It looks like the version of your javascript functions file does not match the version of your page_container_js_head template.

Your javascript functions file is version "1.4.8.0".
Your page_container_js_head is version "1.4.9.0".

If your functions file version number is higher, ensure that you have merged all templates (especially page_container_js_head). If your page_container_js_head version number is higher, ensure that you have correctly uploaded the latest version of the javascript functions file.

This issue could cause parts of your forum to not display or function correctly. If this does not resolve the issue contact Audentio support. This error has also been logged to the javascript console.

Double-checked and ensured I "cp -r Upload/* /var/www/<my site>/" and also did it again to make sure.

@Mike Creuzer I awoke this morning to find an entry in the server error log.

array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given
Today at 2:00 AM - library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php:19

Details:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given - library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php:19
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 2:00 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'array_key_exist...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 19, Array)
#1 /**redacted**/library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php(19): array_key_exists(23, '<html>\n<head>\n<...')
#2 [internal function]: Audentio_UIX_CronEntry_UpdateCheck::styles(Array)
#3 /**redacted**/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(357): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#4 /**redacted**/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#5 /**redacted**/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999949932098, '')
#6 /**redacted**/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999949932098, '', false)
#7 /**redacted**/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 /**redacted**/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://www.seniorgamers.net/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Just a single entry, not sure if this is a one-off or something to look into.

I'm on UI.X 1.4.9.0 (which I force reinstalled yesterday after you fixed some issues). The UI.X add-on is 1.0.4.

Details:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given - library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php:19
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'array_key_exist...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 19, Array)
#1 /**redacted**/library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php(19): array_key_exists(23, '<html>\n<head>\n<...')
#3 /**redacted**/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(357): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#4 /**redacted**/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#5 /**redacted**/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999949932098, '')
#6 /**redacted**/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999949932098, '', false)
#7 /**redacted**/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
  }
}

I'm on UI.X 1.4.9.0 (which I force reinstalled yesterday after you fixed some issues). The UI.X add-on is 1.0.4.
I have also a error this morning, like above.

Details:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Stack Trace
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
  }
}

Same here.

Some small bugs I still notice even after applying the update.

1. I am using xenForo 1.5 BETA and it's saying my addon is outdated because it only detects 1.4.9.
2. The text for my bdCache plugin is still under the User/Mod Bar. It used to be inline with the "Admin" link.
Screenshot_20-29-19.png

3. I merged all templates but this one seemed to not want to merge. What should I choose?
Screenshot_20-24-00.png

4. There is still a shadow floating around.
Screenshot_20-29-44.png

5. Where do I go to find the Default xenForo navigation change?
6. I keep getting the following server error.

Error Log:
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: uix_last_sticky_action - library/Audentio/UIX/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:30
Generated By: RoganDeLuca, 1 minute ago

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/Audentio/UIX/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(30): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 30, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Audentio_UIX_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?forums/debate.25/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["forums/debate_25/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
1. We will be officially supporting XF 1.5 after the final 1.5.0 release is made so there might be a couple issues like this.
2. Try downloading and installing UI.X once more. We had a packaging issue that we have uploaded a new version to resolve. Sorry about that.
3. Should actually be
Code:
<div class="primaryControls">
                <!-- block: primaryControls -->
                <i class="uix_icon uix_icon-search" onclick='{xen:if @uix_searchButton, '$("#QuickSearch form").submit()', '$("#QuickSearch .primaryControls input").focus()'}'></i>
                <input type="search" name="keywords" value="" class="textCtrl" placeholder="{xen:phrase search}..." results="0" title="{xen:phrase enter_your_search_and_hit_enter}" id="QuickSearchQuery" />               
                <!-- end block: primaryControls -->
            </div>
4. Related to issue #1 I think.
5. UI.X Navigation > Alternative Dropdown Menu Trigger
6. I'll take a look into this.

I'm still encountering "Click twice on main navigation for desktop (mistake) has been fixed" this bug once upgraded to lastest version.
Is this with UI.X Navigation > Alternative Dropdown Menu Trigger enabled or disabled?

How can I do this please and what's the add-on to use?
The addon should already be installed if you're using a recent version of our themes, but it can be downloaded from https://www.audentio.com/download/uix_addon . To make a child theme go to the Appearance tab of you Admin Control Panel > Styles > Create New Style (upper right). Set parent style to be the unmodified Audentio theme and then make all modifications to this child theme you just created.

Upgraded from 1.4.8.0 to 1.4.9.0 and now get the following;
Code:
Uh Oh! It looks like the version of your javascript functions file does not match the version of your page_container_js_head template.

Your javascript functions file is version "1.4.8.0".
Your page_container_js_head is version "1.4.9.0".

If your functions file version number is higher, ensure that you have merged all templates (especially page_container_js_head). If your page_container_js_head version number is higher, ensure that you have correctly uploaded the latest version of the javascript functions file.

This issue could cause parts of your forum to not display or function correctly. If this does not resolve the issue contact Audentio support. This error has also been logged to the javascript console.

Double-checked and ensured I "cp -r Upload/* /var/www/<my site>/" and also did it again to make sure.
I took a look at your site. I'm not sure why the file is out of date, but the javascript being served is defenitely the 1.4.8.0 version https://netrider-fcc.kxcdn.com/js/audentio/uix_style/functions.min.js?_v=b75fd6a8 (search for the string 1.4.8.0). Could this be caching / CDN related? Otherwise maybe try uploading the javascript one more time.

Details:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Stack Trace
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
  }
}

Same here.

Taking a look.

Do i still need to keep two styles? Parent and Child for editing? This theme is without a doubt the most powerful and equally frustrating ive ever had to deal with..

This system of updating needs to improve greatly I think - I appreciate the efforts but every time there is an update to be done, confusion reigns!

This morning I have the single error log as others reported above. I also have a notice that the addon is outdated despite having 1.0.4 installed - clicking the link to download gives a white page on your site saying addon doesn't exist.

How do I force UIX 1.4.9 install if I have xF 1.5 beta 3 installed? I need to test and build as much as possible on my sandbox install and this is a sticking point.

Do i still need to keep two styles? Parent and Child for editing? This theme is without a doubt the most powerful and equally frustrating ive ever had to deal with..
The UI.X parent style should never be edited. You should always have a child style of this that you use and edit that. Doing it this way means that any updates won't revert any changes you make.

For those of you that got that error, it was from our MySQL service that crashed. We fixed it almost immediately but not in time for it to send out some errors. Should be all good though. We will make some improvements before the next update in regards to resource management.

The UI.X parent style should never be edited. You should always have a child style of this that you use and edit that. Doing it this way means that any updates won't revert any changes you make.

@FredC On an unrelated note I see you have 'resets' next to every setting in your child theme. You only want to upgrade your parent UI.X NEVER child. Doing so defeats the purpose of having a child theme in the first place.

A child theme only contains your customizations to the product. Nothing more.

Ugh.. SO confused.. I dont think ill ever understand how to upgrade this thing.. It makes me want to break stuff every freaking time..... I love this style but every time i have to upgrade i wind up losing my temper and either breaking things or hurting someone..

A child theme only contains your customization's to the product. Nothing more.
I thought that is what i was doing? thats why there are resets on the child settings? but obviously im still doing this wrong.. Ive never had a single update with this style that i haven't had to start completely over from scratch its the single most frustrating thing XF related.. Obviously my fault since everyone else seems to get it..

Yup now i remember why i quit updating this style last year..

Last edited:
Top Bottom