UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Two questions:

The social buttons are awesome. I've read about how to add the social buttons to other areas of the site. How do I remove them from the footer but leave them in my new spot I've included them?

How do I style the sidebar, particular I want to change the color of the text and background of the top block, like where it says Members Online.

Thank you guys for so much help!

If the option to hide the user title is enabled, user banners don't display correctly:

View attachment 111570

Liam
No, because I want them side by side (otherwise it looks horrid):

View attachment 111572

That is a lot of user banners. Not sure what we could do. I think they are supposed to stack.

1> I cannot seem to get my welcome block to ever show up. I've gone through those settings without luck. Any where else to check?

Make sure you set usergroup permissions to be able to view the welcome block :)

2> I would like to use an area map to make part of background image clickable. Which template should I look in to start adding that area code?

Not quite sure what you are asking, as Im not sure where you want the map. Thats not something the framework really does anything for.

When's the next bug-fixing release? After xF1.5 goes Gold or can we expect something during the beta/RC stage?

We are hoping for a release tomorrow. And then immediately start work on 1.5.

Hey Mike I was wondering if you could or anyone else know a solution to this. We have a fair amount of ranks for some users at our forums however, the mobile users are complaining that the ranks are everywhere in the postbit. I was wondering if there was a way to hide or make the user ranks smaller for when on a mobile device or hide? Two of the ranks shown in the image are slightly bigger because thats what we wanted. The image also shows they don't align if there is more then 3. Some of these ranks have font awesome added as well.

View attachment 111696

Like someone suggested, much beyond hiding there isn't much to do. For some clients of ours, we've built a dropdown.

Hi i just want know why my logo on headers and the box are showed like this when i am logout, and when i login it show both small... why? I woul keep the "big size" also if i loged
XgO8Yd9.jpg

Im not sure whats going on here, but I dont think this has been reported by anyone else. Its possible it has something to do with some customizations you've made. Feel free to create a ticket at audentio.com.

Doesn't seem to be working, Mike. I want fixed width default for everyone and have set it to Fixed width in the Options, but when I log in, it reverts to fluid width.

I just tested this and it seems to work fine. Naturally if you've ever clicked toggle, its already set the value for you in the user table. Think of that setting essentially as just a guest/default setting.

Tabs in navigation now require 2 clicks if they are a dropdown - this is a PITA.

How can I fix this so it is back to the original way?

We have a fallback option built for 1.4.8.1 coming, we hope, tomorrow.

Hi Mike!

I've been having some Navigation issues, and it won't let me insert this code, or at least gives me error lines in the code, although I couldn't really find anything. Any help would be great! Thanks!

HTML:
<!-- Help -->
<li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="https://forums-rumrunnerentertainment.com/index.php?help/" class="navLink">Help</a></li>

<div class="<xen:if is="@uix_removeTabLinks">Menu JsOnly tabMenu<xen:else />{xen:if {$tabs.help.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'}</xen:if> helpTabLinks">
<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
<h3>{$tabs.help.title}</h3>
<div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>

</div>
<ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
<xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_help">
<li><a href="https://forums-rumrunnerentertainment.com/index.php?help/smilies">Smilies</a></li>
<li><a href="https://forums-rumrunnerentertainment.com/index.php?help/bb-codes">BB Codes</a></li>
<li><a href="https://forums-rumrunnerentertainment.com/index.php?help/trophies">Trophies</a></li>
<li><a href="https://forums-rumrunnerentertainment.com/index.php?help/terms">Terms and Rules</a></li>
</xen:hook>
</ul>
</div>

</li>

At first glance, your code looks fine. But it might be something else in that template.

@Mike Creuzer, when will be update 1.4.8.0 for Tactical skin?

Tomorrow, we are hoping to have all themes updated to 1.4.8.1 (which means UI.X too, and the add-on as well). Just fixing the bugs from 1.4.8.0, there weren't too many.

I'm having a problem with user rank banners after the update. Any suggestions?

View attachment 111813

What theme is that? If its Xenith, thats a known bug we have a fix for. If its UI.X, I think its the same bug. If its any other theme, its likely a customization issue. But we do have this fixed in the update for UI.X tomorrow.

The social buttons are awesome. I've read about how to add the social buttons to other areas of the site. How do I remove them from the footer but leave them in my new spot I've included them?

You'll need to go into the footer template and just <xen:comment> or delete out the <xen:include template="uix_socialMedia" /> line.

How do I style the sidebar, particular I want to change the color of the text and background of the top block, like where it says Members Online.

Thank you guys for so much help!

If specifically just that block, you'll need custom CSS. If you want to style the sidebar as a whole there are tons of style properties in the normal XenForo Sidebar style property group. We add a few more in UI.X Sidebar you can take a look at.

just reporting that the edit tag section in thread view doesn't show up in 1.5.0 when using tactical. just reporting so it will be added in xenforo 1.5.0 audentio themes.

Thanks for all the help everybody. My site design is coming along great.
@Mike Creuzer I think the social links are amazing.

You might consider in future releases

1>More built in UI.X styling options for the side bar.
2>Providing social buttons for sharing the page. Your design is great looking and lightweight overall. Adding the ability to easily check boxes and style "Share this page..." buttons in each thread would be a nice addition.

Thank you for all your work.

How do I change the margin for the container when I use the collapsing sidebar? I found something in uix.css but it seems that it doesn't affect the collapsing sidebar

Mike Creuzer updated UI.X with a new update entry:

XenForo 1.4.9, bug fixes, and

Hi everyone,

We have a new update for XenForo 1.4.9 as well as some minor new functionality and bug fixes. ALL bugs reported to us that we could replicate have been fixed.

Note: this version requires the latest update to the UI.X add-on version 1.0.4. The add-on can be downloaded from your customer area at Audentio.com.

We also offer installation ($15) and upgrades (starting at $99 - but if you set it up properly its free because its just one click) for those who would rather we...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hmmm... trying to upgrade automagically but getting told there is no update for my version of xF (1.5 beta 3)?

hmmm... trying to upgrade automagically but getting told there is no update for my version of xF (1.5 beta 3)?
Thats correct. Our update script will only work if you are on the same version or less. You can still do it, but you'll get outdated templates. In XenForo, the merge tool only works one way. If you upgrade your xenforo first, THEN install a lesser theme, merge tool will not work properly. Kind of a bug in XenForo, but one Ive lived with and was never sure if it was intentional.

Thats correct. Our update script will only work if you are on the same version or less. You can still do it, but you'll get outdated templates. In XenForo, the merge tool only works one way. If you upgrade your xenforo first, THEN install a lesser theme, merge tool will not work properly. Kind of a bug in XenForo, but one Ive lived with and was never sure if it was intentional.
1.5.0.0 will be out days of the official release, we're already planning on it. And it won't take long because all the bugs have been fixed that have been reported.

Just went to make a post in a sticky thread and I am getting this error? Anyone else? This is with the latest update. Any ideas @Mike Creuzer ?

Code:
The following error occurred:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'uix_last_sticky_action' in 'field list'
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1640
XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1609
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Audentio/UIX/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 36
Audentio_UIX_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 453
XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 1129
XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_saveDiscussionDataWriter() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 592
XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 557
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mysite/public_html/index.php at line 13

Last edited:
Some small bugs I still notice even after applying the update.

1. I am using xenForo 1.5 BETA and it's saying my addon is outdated because it only detects 1.4.9.
2. The text for my bdCache plugin is still under the User/Mod Bar. It used to be inline with the "Admin" link.
Screenshot_20-29-19.png

3. I merged all templates but this one seemed to not want to merge. What should I choose?
Screenshot_20-24-00.png

4. There is still a shadow floating around.
Screenshot_20-29-44.png

5. Where do I go to find the Default xenForo navigation change?
6. I keep getting the following server error.

Error Log:
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: uix_last_sticky_action - library/Audentio/UIX/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:30
Generated By: RoganDeLuca, 1 minute ago

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/Audentio/UIX/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(30): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 30, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Audentio_UIX_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?forums/debate.25/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["forums/debate_25/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
I'm still encountering "Click twice on main navigation for desktop (mistake) has been fixed" this bug once upgraded to lastest version.

HEy Mike, thanks again for the update.

For sure, UI.X is the most advanced theme around this software.. The only thing that I think that must be improved is a better sharing buttons structure. They have alignment problems and are so "standard".

I know that there are some addons around that can make it better but this could be a improvement for your themes.

I'm talking about this:

upload_2015-7-23_9-11-47.webp

And this:

upload_2015-7-23_9-12-35.webp

Some small bugs I still notice even after applying the update.

1. I am using xenForo 1.5 BETA and it's saying my addon is outdated because it only detects 1.4.9.
2. The text for my bdCache plugin is still under the User/Mod Bar. It used to be inline with the "Admin" link.
Screenshot_20-29-19.png

3. I merged all templates but this one seemed to not want to merge. What should I choose?
Screenshot_20-24-00.png

4. There is still a shadow floating around.
Screenshot_20-29-44.png

5. Where do I go to find the Default xenForo navigation change?
6. I keep getting the following server error.

Error Log:
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: uix_last_sticky_action - library/Audentio/UIX/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:30
Generated By: RoganDeLuca, 1 minute ago

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/Audentio/UIX/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(30): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 30, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Audentio_UIX_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mydomain.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(53) "http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?forums/debate.25/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["forums/debate_25/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

What version of the add-on are you running?

Just went to make a post in a sticky thread and I am getting this error? Anyone else? This is with the latest update. Any ideas @Mike Creuzer ?

Code:
The following error occurred:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'uix_last_sticky_action' in 'field list'
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1640
XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1609
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Audentio/UIX/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 36
Audentio_UIX_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 453
XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 1129
XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_saveDiscussionDataWriter() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 592
XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 557
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mysite/public_html/index.php at line 13

Did you run the update script for the Add-on? And what version of the add-on does it say you are running? You should be at 1.0.4.

I've just updated to UI.X 1.4.9 and I've got two templates that won't automatically merge:

upload_2015-7-23_14-9-41.webp

Looking at the custom changes, you can see this (and more):

upload_2015-7-23_14-12-57.webp

Now I've never made any customisations to the default UI.X, only to the child style I created as per the instructions you give to UI.X users. I notice that the UI.X style actually has a lot of customised components...

Anyway, should I just revert these templates?

I've just updated to UI.X 1.4.9 and I've got two templates that won't automatically merge:

View attachment 112175

Looking at the custom changes, you can see this (and more):

View attachment 112176

Now I've never made any customisations to the default UI.X, only to the child style I created as per the instructions you give to UI.X users. I notice that the UI.X style actually has a lot of customised components...

Anyway, should I just revert these templates?

Are the outdated templates in UI.X or the child style?

Top Bottom