[rellect] AdBlock Detector [Deleted]

Would love to use this but from the sounds of it most of the methods are now blocked by ad blockers..

I have seen dedicated workarounds for my own forum. Here is one:

https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer/issues/804

For an anti-ad-block solution, it has to be updated on a regular basis to break the workarounds. Right now, it is just targeting the less geeky people who use the default lists.

It's cute that the developer of this workaround is asking for donations. For blocking ads on my forum.

36 pages of discussion; in short- is this still a viable addon to tackle a large % of standard Adblocker configs for a non-techy userbase forum?

Hi, unfortunately not, only full numbers.
But I have prepared a modification to the addon that replaces hours with minutes.
Please contact me in private message for more details.

Would like details on the change to minutes too.. Would love to see this option per usergroup, so a unregistered user can get bugged every 5 minutes as where someone registered can be bugged less often.

Would like details on the change to minutes too.. Would love to see this option per usergroup, so a unregistered user can get bugged every 5 minutes as where someone registered can be bugged less often.
Hi,
Please contact me as well in private message and I'll send you the modification.
This is just a patch and not an official change in the addon yet.

Hi, unfortunately not, only full numbers.
But I have prepared a modification to the addon that replaces hours with minutes.
Please contact me in private message for more details.

Hi mate, I will do this but unfortunately at second glance & looking at member feedback it's not working as intended, see member feedback below;

"I keep getting the adblocker notification, but despite having disabled it on 1ff I still see no ads and still get the disable notification. I'm using Aviva Scout, chrome based browser."

"Same here: I disabled Adblockplus at 1FF but still getting this annoying message. I use the actual Firefox."

So essentially, my members are disabling adblock, but the ads still don't show and the message continues to display. Any ideas?

Hi mate, I will do this but unfortunately at second glance & looking at member feedback it's not working as intended, see member feedback below;

"I keep getting the adblocker notification, but despite having disabled it on 1ff I still see no ads and still get the disable notification. I'm using Aviva Scout, chrome based browser."

"Same here: I disabled Adblockplus at 1FF but still getting this annoying message. I use the actual Firefox."

So essentially, my members are disabling adblock, but the ads still don't show and the message continues to display. Any ideas?
Hi,
From your description, it sounds like the addon is working as expected.
They see no ads and therefore they get the alert to disable the adblock.

Now the issue is how these members actually disabling the adblocker.
If I had to guess, I'd say they use multiple adblockers.. and they disabling only one of them.
In most cases users not aware that some plugin they use is also an adblocker.

This wont violate ADSENSE TOS?
Never heard of someone being blocked because of it during the almost 4 years this plugin is available.
As far as I know, as long as you're not asking users to click on ads, you're good.
But I'm not in position to guarantee this.

Why can't you make it so you can set it for every :
15 minutes
1/2 hour

etc...

View attachment 147775
Hi,
This was not considered at the time this setting was added.
And due to the way permissions works, you cannot save half numbers.
This will be changed in future update, but if you need it sooner, contact me and I'll send you a patch.

Hi,
This was not considered at the time this setting was added.
And due to the way permissions works, you cannot save half numbers.
This will be changed in future update, but if you need it sooner, contact me and I'll send you a patch.
Hi thanks for the response

it doesn't need to be half number, it could be minutes

10 minutes
30 minutes etc.

Thanks I will pm you.

Top Bottom