You sure were quick to tell me Mine was wrong.
I said ...I wouldn't. know. how. to. edit the message box. That is all. Nothing else.

I did not tell you yours was wrong. I just assumed you misunderstand what I'm saying - especially about the glued look of the postbit if I had edited it.

I said ...I wouldn't. know. how. to. edit the message box. That is all. Nothing else.

I did not tell you yours was wrong. I just assumed you misunderstand what I'm saying - especially about the glued look of the postbit if I had edited it.

Ok Carlos, if you say so. Continually saying the same thing about it being glued when I showed you what it would look like. How do you think I got the screens? I edited the CSS in "real time" to snap the picture. Either way, hopefully this will give you a nudge in the direction of finishing your custom look. Best of luck.

I really enjoy this thread.

I have no idea if there would be something that could be done in our forum. My main problem is that I am not very good at knowing what I want when it comes to things like this, so I guess I would be a very bad client.

One of our staff members is also a designer, but since his knowledge of poker is important I rather he spends time doing poker related promotions and things like that.

Please feel welcomed to criticize our forum if you want something to do in your spare time. I understand that this thread might be used to promote your services so if you feel a customization is in order and would like to discuss ideas/services please contact me.

I really enjoy this thread.

I have no idea if there would be something that could be done in our forum. My main problem is that I am not very good at knowing what I want when it comes to things like this, so I guess I would be a very bad client.

One of our staff members is also a designer, but since his knowledge of poker is important I rather he spends time doing poker related promotions and things like that.

Please feel welcomed to criticize our forum if you want something to do in your spare time. I understand that this thread might be used to promote your services so if you feel a customization is in order and would like to discuss ideas/services please contact me.

If this is all about Poker.... why not go with the main color of the table felt... maybe have some woodgrains in there... You have 4 excellent images in the diamond, club, heart and spade to use, as well as poker chips.. create your own chips, slap your logo on them, have them as awards to give out. A ton of possibilities, considering the looks of all the cards in a deck, the usual look of the poker table, money symbols, etc... this would be an easy topic to really get into some detail with. Make your sidebar an entire poker table... edges in white, background in the deep felt green... cut your images up and place them in your blocks...

Dunno, seems like it would be a fun one.

Working on 3 across. Once it hits a certain width in responsive, it goes to 2.
Screenshot_23.webp

Doubtful I leave that info in the blocks, it will be trimmed significantly.

Could easily take the above, take it to 4, and make it metro-ish...

Or for that matter... 1 all the way across, 3 across, 2 across, 1 across, 4 across... hah.

Reactions: Bob
Good thing about this, you can set it to where it only shows on the largest screens... after that, back to a more "traditional" feel.

Screenshot_24.webp

And yes, I realize it is busy like that. However, all I am doing is changing the blocks. There are endless possibilities with this.

Prime advertisement real estate... a blank (link) block with the advertisers logo or image (only displayed to groups you have chosen)... Once in other group, block disappears, other forums just fill in the blanks...

For that matter, have practically a menu across the top linking in the middle of the forums as well..

Tons of things you can do, would obviously take the right site and an outside the box personality.

Last edited:
Good thing about this, you can set it to where it only shows on the largest screens... after that, back to a more "traditional" feel.

View attachment 60131

And yes, I realize it is busy like that.
What you're saying, and how it looks are both good. :)

I'm not a fan of these types of designs, but that design - right there looks nice. :D

damn bro, didn't realize you was this good. man. I would have to say the progress bar is my favorite.

Love the fact @Azhria Lilu let's me play around on her forum... hahaha.

Started with this:
Screenshot_30.webp

Transformed into this:
Screenshot_31.webp

She wanted some color...

The latest posting area will be going through some color changing... have a couple smaller areas to tweak also.
--Removed the node icon.
--Removed the stats
--Removed the RSS icon.
--Changed last post avatar to match the themes.

You can track our progress at http://discussionjunkies.com Just be sure to scroll down and change the theme to DJ UI.X

That's much better than the forum home in my opinion (unless you've changed it). Spreads the "busy" out and its easy to read. (y)

Top Bottom