GoodForNothing Notification

GoodForNothing Notification 1.0.6 Update 3

No permission to download
Yeah, I'm also getting the internal server error... and that's after I've moved the credits in the listener to the bottom of the file.

I am also hearing from my users that the notifications are HUGE on mobile and take up most of the screen.
This is how it looks in the resource page. Looks fine to me only sugestion i would make is probably fit it to the screen size on the bottom..

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.webp
    FullSizeRender.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 33
ok the next is :

- its work fine in safari and firefox and responsive , but not on Opera ? to you have some idea ?

The only problem I still have, and the reason I disabled it, is because every page reload I got notifications of all new emails in my inbox. That's very annoying.
After installing the latest one, the notification for unread conversation will show up once to record its and wont be shown again till someone replies to that.

I am also hearing from my users that the notifications are HUGE on mobile and take up most of the screen.
Depends on the screen resolution... its quite small on my phone... you can change the values from the style properties...

Yeah, I'm also getting the internal server error... and that's after I've moved the credits in the listener to the bottom of the file.
Remove the whole credits from the files... I am still trying to figure out why some mere comments cause internal server errors...

only sugestion i would make is probably fit it to the screen size on the bottom..
Didn't get you... sorry.

- its work fine in safari and firefox and responsive , but not on Opera ? to you have some idea ?
I haven't tested it on opera... will look into it.

Last edited:
Ok, any tips on these? I am still trying to figure out how to outline the entire notification box.
By outline you mean border? Just go to the style properties page, select "Notification Item" and add values for border...

Attachments

• border style.webp
    border style.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 25
  • border style demo.webp
    border style demo.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 26
@Grizzly Adam can you check if this one still causes internal servers errors without removing the headers...
Wish I could my friend, I'm mobile until 15:30 central.
I do appreciate all the work you are putting into this, and that you are answering my questions.

I have two more for you, btw. Resizing the notification-- where do I go to take care of that?

Do you know how to speed up notifications-- I want them closer to real time.

I have two more for you, btw. Resizing the notification-- where do I go to take care of that?
you can change the width from: Style Properties -> GoodForNothing Notification -> Notification Item Content -> Width which is 400px by default.

Do you know how to speed up notifications-- I want them closer to real time.
You can use Chris D's https://xenforo.com/community/resources/live-update.274/ to enable ajax polling... my app will do the rest ;)

but not on Opera ? to you have some idea ?
Tested... working on Opera 25... what version are you using?

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes This one just flat out does not work, even if I go in and remove comments. No errors in the log, though.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@firewoodhoardersclub.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at firewoodhoardersclub.com Port 80

I get the same error on both the version you released earlier today and on the one you specifically asked me to install. I can not upgrade or fresh install.

It lines up oddly in different browsers when changing the width. Also, how do I fix the avatar to full size within the container as the original one did and move the entire thing up a bit?

Chrome
Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 7.35.38 PM.webp
Safari
Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 7.36.11 PM.webp

Top Bottom