GoodForNothing Notification

GoodForNothing Notification 1.0.6 Update 3

No permission to download
Found an issue. This addon removes the alert balloon when the alert popup disappears.

My message alert balloon does not go away, but when I was tagged in a thread, that balloon disappeared after the popup went away, if I hadn't have been looking I would've missed and not known about the tag. Seems to work half the time.

Last edited:
500 error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@firewoodhoardersclub.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at firewoodhoardersclub.com Port 80

i have a question for the add on if it is at all possible, limit the notifications to only show if the user has the site open.

Even though I am not sure why some of you are getting 500 errors... please check your logs and if possible, give me access to your server.

I am aware of multiple bugs with the application and working on a fix. This add-on IS in BETA stage so bugs are bound to happen. Hope you'll understand :)

500 error resolved, it was the credit in Notify/Template.php as posted above.

Can anyone advise on editing the popups-- I want to put a black box around the whole notification and change the text to black as well-- it is difficult to read.

Mr. Goodie2Shoes updated GoodForNothing Notification with a new update entry:

Fixed multiple issues with the application.

Firstly, this version does not have the fix for the issue where some of you are getting internal server upon uploading as I still couldn't figure out why.

Issues fixed:
  • Alerts marking as read once the notification is showed.
  • Notifications about conversions were showing persistently.
  • Notification text not properly aligned on some browsers.
Changes to the system:
  • A new tables is added where all the already showed notification will be recorded (using sha1 hashing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

May only work in the 1.4.x but there 1.3.x is no way to work with those comments at the beginning of every php...
I had to remove ALL to run the 1.0.1 beta 1 without ERROR 500.

May only work in the 1.4.x but there 1.3.x is no way to work with those comments at the beginning of every php...
I had to remove ALL to run the 1.0.1 beta 1 without ERROR 500.
What are you talking about? is a 500 error the same as the 503 i got when uploading the xml?

now i become no notification .... since the last update
These kinds of post do not help... please specify what you get when and where you get it. Screenshots are welcome and so are any kinds of error logs or hints that might lead to a bug. Also look into javascript console for any error with the javascript.

These kinds of post do not help... please specify what you get when and where you get it. Screenshots are welcome and so are any kinds of error logs or hints that might lead to a bug. Also look into javascript console for any error with the javascript.

sorry but when i become a notification from a thread , i see it only in the navbar . i dont become a notification from your addon . i have no errors in the acp . console in hope this is it what you mean :
gn.webp

edit : before i updated , your addon runs and gave notifications

Fixing all the known issues... @Grizzly Adam @RAHSTYLES @Travis can you PM me a list of add-ons that you are using... since some of your are getting that I think another add-on might be causing the issue?
It wasn't another addon causing the problem-- it was comments at the beginning of the notifications template.

The only problem I still have, and the reason I disabled it, is because every page reload I got notifications of all new emails in my inbox. That's very annoying.

Top Bottom