2. 1.4
Additional requirements
PHP 5.3.7 or later.
License
MIT License
Visible branding
No
Introduction
This is a simple notification mod that overrides XenForo's default 'stackAlert()' function to show the actual alerts as notifications.

look.webp

When you get new alerts via ajax, the function 'stackAlert()' is called to show a message like "You have 2 new alerts" at the bottom left corner of the window.

And my thought was: why not change it entirely to show the actual notifications just like Facebook? Well, I didn't go with FB's look instead used the template from this tut: http://tympanus.net/codrops/2014/07/23/notification-styles-inspiration/ (this article actually inspired me to create this add-on :p)

This add-on shows notification when there any unread conversation and any unread alert created by the system.

Demo
Here's a demo video of what this add-on does. Here, the page is refreshed two times, first half is to show that the notification auto closes after 10 seconds and the last half is to show that the notification can be closed by clicking the close button.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Usage
There are no options or tweaks. Just install it and have fun!
To change the look and interface (how long the notification will be shown and stuff) go to: AdminCP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> GoodForNothing Notification (at the very bottom)

Installation
  1. Download & extract archive.
  2. Upload everything from the 'upload' directory.
  3. Import the add-on XML file from admin control panel.

Notes
I created this add-on just for fun, so no bashing please :p

P.S. If you want to support my free developments with a small (or big :rolleyes:) donation, please visit this link :)
Author
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 10 ratings

More resources from Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Latest updates

1. Core Fix

This version fixes an issue with a core file (and some other code refactoring).
  2. Fix for MySQL statement error.

This issue was posted by RoldanLT where an exception is thrown when the 'unread' alert count is...
  3. Code Refactoring. New Feature.

This version includes some changes in core files. And also added the requested feature where...

Latest reviews

Nice add-on. Default notification box was not useful, at least in my style. But now it looks great. Hope to see other effects and designs listed here: http://tympanus.net/Development/NotificationStyles/ as extra options to choose. All of them are great (Thanks)
Gorgeous addon! Just installed and it works flawlessly! :D VERY happy. Will no doubt boost user interaction! A much nicer looking notification, I highly recommend downloading it! Great work GFN
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Thanks for the review! :D
GOAT mod, GOAT creator. best guy, he went above and beyond when i tried reinstalling this and was getting database errors. 5/5 recommend it to anyone.
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
I am not entirely sure what GOAT means. But thanks for the review. :D
Glad you liked my work :)
B.e.a.u.tful add-on. Love it, make user interaction that much more friendly.. We are currently using it and most of my members commented to say what a nice feature it is.
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Thanks for the review and enjoy! :)
One of the best addons I'm using at the moment. The addon looks clean, and the latest update added a very nice feature! Good job with this addon, sir :)
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Hehe... Thanks for the review ^.^
Love it, simple but yet awesome much better, in my opinion, than the default popup alert! My laziness brought me to using your add-on. :P It would be pretty cool if XF added this as a core feature! :D
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Thanks for the review! :)
Download it NOW thank the developer later! What an amassing resource. One of the best I've ever used. Such a great added value to XF. I keep liking my post with the second account just to see these beautiful notifications. Thanks!!!
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Haha... thanks and enjoy! :D
This is a great enhancement to notification, well done and thanks for creating it. It adds some great value to XF and Im sure my users will love it when I eventually convert over to XF from VB4. (running on dev server at the moment)
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Really appreciate the review. Glad you like it :D
Wow, this turned out to be pretty neat. I especially like the style Mr Goodie used, it looks really great and very functional. Also, thanks for including the ability to edit in the style properties for folks with dark themes :)
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Thank you for the review :) Now that XenForo added restrictions... taking the time to review means a lot to me :)
Works well. Something that adds a little spice to the site, give it that extra niche.
Keep up the good work, looking forward to more great addons like this.
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
Thanks! Let me know if you get any kind of error. :)
Top Bottom