1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GoodForNothing Notification 1.0.6 Update 3

Facebook-like notification for your users...

1. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

Mr. Goodie2Shoes submitted a new resource:

GoodForNothing Notification - Facebook styled notification for your users...

Read more about this resource...

alico and BassMan like this.
  2. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Just a note: I'll work on adding mobile support, so if user is visiting the site from a mobile... the phone's notification system will be used instead :D

Alfa1, Goodfella, JordanH and 4 others like this.
  3. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

AFter I uploaded the files I get this error

Service Unavailable
    The server is temporarily busy, try again later!

@Mr. Goodie2Shoes

4. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Hi,

What does this take the place of? Will the red ballon alert still be at the top right?

" overrides XenForo's default 'stackAlert()' function."

5. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Please provide your site's URL, and where do you get it.

Yes, the red ballon will still be there... it takes the place of where you get 'You have x unread alerts' (or something like that) at the bottom left corner that pops up when you have unread alerts.

6. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

http://www.rahstyles.net/forum

7. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

@RAHSTYLES the site is loading fine for me...

8. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

when i try to upload the xml it goes to that page

9. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Have you tried installing another add-on? Your server might be hogged... tested it on my test server and my local server... installs without any hiccup :/

10. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Here's a demo video of what this add-on does. The page is refreshed two times, first to show that the notification auto closes after 10 seconds and the other half is closing the notification by clicking the close button

11. tommydamic68

On Xenforo core? I dont recall seeing anything but the gallons on the top left with alerts.

12. tommydamic68

how many additional queries?

13. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Yes there is ;)
    Screenshot_2014-10-18-19-44-55.png

14. RAHSTYLES

RAHSTYLES Active Member

its not workin i think its your addon

15. tommydamic68

Yes - I do recall seeing that, so what makes yours different from the core? I see an avatar?

16. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Like its said on the description, it shows the actual notification(s) instead of 'You have x new alerts'

Adam K M and intradox like this.
  17. tommydamic68

Its not working properly. When alert pops up, and you click the linked message, (as seen below in image "testing") takes you to an error page and the notification just keeps "appearing." Also, should be a bit shorter as not to block forum area, it did work on mobile FYI.

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 9.58.08 AM.png

18. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Hmm... there was a field missing for the conversation alert... and it was designed to show unread PMs every time until the PM was marked as read so that I didn't have to create new tables and stuff to save which alerts were shown...

Again made it that way... if the user want it to away, they can simply hit the close button. Different sites have set different page widths which is shown different on different view ports, so I had to go with a fixed one. You can change the width by changing the width of .ns-box in gfnnotify_item.css

19. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

20. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

@tommydamic68 also, what browser are you using? The text should have been vertically align to the center which is not happening according to your attachment...