GoodForNothing Notification

GoodForNothing Notification 1.0.6 Update 3

No permission to download

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes submitted a new resource:

GoodForNothing Notification - Facebook styled notification for your users...

Introduction
This is a simple notification mod that overrides XenForo's default 'stackAlert()' function to show the actual alerts as notifications.

View attachment 86752
When you get new alerts via ajax, the function 'stackAlert()' is called to show a message like "You have 2 new alerts" at the bottom left corner of the window.

And my thought was: why not change it entirely to show the actual notifications just like Facebook? Well, I didn't...

Read more about this resource...

Hi,

What does this take the place of? Will the red ballon alert still be at the top right?

" overrides XenForo's default 'stackAlert()' function."

AFter I uploaded the files I get this error
Please provide your site's URL, and where do you get it.

What does this take the place of? Will the red ballon alert still be at the top right?
Yes, the red ballon will still be there... it takes the place of where you get 'You have x unread alerts' (or something like that) at the bottom left corner that pops up when you have unread alerts.

Here's a demo video of what this add-on does. The page is refreshed two times, first to show that the notification auto closes after 10 seconds and the other half is closing the notification by clicking the close button

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a demo video of what this add-on does. The page is refreshed two times, first to show that the notification auto closes after 10 seconds and the other half is closing the notification by clicking the close button

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
how many additional queries?

Its not working properly. When alert pops up, and you click the linked message, (as seen below in image "testing") takes you to an error page and the notification just keeps "appearing." Also, should be a bit shorter as not to block forum area, it did work on mobile FYI.

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 9.58.08 AM.webp

Its not working properly. When alert pops up, and you click the linked message, (as seen below in image "testing") takes you to an error page and the notification just keeps "appearing."
Hmm... there was a field missing for the conversation alert... and it was designed to show unread PMs every time until the PM was marked as read so that I didn't have to create new tables and stuff to save which alerts were shown...

Also, should be a bit shorter as not to block forum area,
Again made it that way... if the user want it to away, they can simply hit the close button. Different sites have set different page widths which is shown different on different view ports, so I had to go with a fixed one. You can change the width by changing the width of .ns-box in gfnnotify_item.css

Top Bottom