GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

@Chris D Oh I know, I didn't mean that he should steal it. But it seems that some people have been able to get in touch with Goodie, however he still hasn't returned here. It may be that he's just moved on with his life and would be ok with passing this on to someone else. Doesn't hurt to find out?
I also doubt that the developer who works with Stuart on this would be interested in inheriting someone else's code. Certainly true if it ends up being me working on it with Stuart.

Chris:

If you code this, we will almost certainly buy it, and would be willing to chip in for its development (help sponsor it).

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be in for sponsoring a new classifieds addon. If features from this plus all the laundry lists we've put together were on the road map and backed by a serious dev team. Why not.

Let's put an end here to the "I told you so's" and the belabouring of the same points. Also, probably in bad taste to discuss a potentially competing product in here, I'm sure that can be discussed elsewhere when the time is right.

In the meantime, let's keep the discussion on topic which, for a resource thread, should be predominantly support based and be patient in waiting for the author to respond.

Let's put an end here to the "I told you so's" and the belabouring of the same points. Also, probably in bad taste to discuss a potentially competing product in here, I'm sure that can be discussed elsewhere when the time is right.

In the meantime, let's keep the discussion on topic which, for a resource thread, should be predominantly support based and be patient in waiting for the author to respond.

I agree. But should you ever decide to create a classifieds/listings addon in the future Chris, me and many others will be keen to pay and try it out :)

Until then, I look forward to hearing what Mr GC has to say about all this himself. And @Stuart Wright with a site as big as yours, I understand now you can't have an unreliable developer working on a key component of your site... especially if something goes wrong and you need assistance.

Sorry for being a bit narky before. I'm as frustrated as everyone else

I'd buy anything that Chris made - The sad thing with xF is - as solid as the platform is, it just doesn't seem to have the developers that vB had or still has. I'm still surprised we've not seen that many come over and reliably code for xF.

Just want to echo these points guys:
Also, probably in bad taste to discuss a potentially competing product in here, I'm sure that can be discussed elsewhere when the time is right.

I have to reinstall this addon on our sandbox in order to check the functionality. But I don't have the public and private keys and can't get them from gfnlabs.com because the website has gone. And of course the addon author has also vanished.
Could someone let me have their keys, please? I don't intend to use them on a live site. It's just for the purposes of checking functionality on our sandbox.
Thanks

I have to reinstall this addon on our sandbox in order to check the functionality. But I don't have the public and private keys and can't get them from gfnlabs.com because the website has gone. And of course the addon author has also vanished.
Could someone let me have their keys, please? I don't intend to use them on a live site. It's just for the purposes of checking functionality on our sandbox.
Thanks

Not good - glad I held off on this. That's a really crappy thing to do - so effectively, not only does everyone now have an unsupported add-on for $50, they also have a non-functioning one! This is why callbacks suck.

I buy all of my software and apps, but when developers put this in, it absolutely annoys me. You are left screwed. I had a similar thing happen with another piece of software I used which I paid for. Sadly, I had to go the route of modding the code to remove the callbacks to get it to work. I had paid for the software, so I feel I was within my right too when I had bought a lifetime license only for the developer to run a mile.

At least we know this guy has gone for good - kills off the belief that he will be returning.

For what it's worth, I'm not sad I bought this because it helped me evaluate what features we need and try out the idea with our beta testers. I hope that whoever takes this on will read through this thread and look at all the features that were requested and the issues that came up, and make something even better. It's a shame how things worked out, but I wish Goodie the best.

Since nobody has shared their keys so I can check, what are the various packages available?
AFAIK there are no fixed packages and as said in my previous message (in the draft thread) I think that you can create packages as you want, variable are:

renewable or not
how much day the classified will last (unlimited included)

you can assign a package only to selected categories
in categories you can choose which custom fields ar active or not

I haven't a license so I can't help with keys.

renewable or not
What does that do, in effect?
If when an advert is expiring if we give people the option of renewing, why would we need an option for renewable or not? Presumably we always want to give people the option to renew, whether they are paying or not?

Darn. I need 4 licenses of a Classifieds for XF. I "was" a Photopost Classified user for a decade on VB and that was just horrible software. So, I'm dumping it when my big site moves to XF in the next two months.

I hate just using stock forums for my Classifieds but that looks like the only option at this point. Oh wel.

Top Bottom