GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

For a guy who warned everyone and made sure to remind people, you sure seem to have an unhealthy obsession with this author. Contacting his employers?

I'm really glad that he's ok, and I totally understand his reluctance to come back. I'm sure some will be critical; one is never so clear-sighted as when viewing other people's shortcomings. But he's only human, and I respect his honesty.

Personally, I'm inclined to forgive and forget – but I have a responsibility to thousands of members who need a classifieds solution that is stable longterm. It looks like this isn't going to work out for us.

Goodie, if you're reading this – come back and face the fire. It doesn't matter if you have updates or not. A last-minute work binge to make it seem as if you'd been busy during an absence is a schoolboy's trick that doesn't hold up well in the real world. Nobody's fooled because we've all done it ourselves. You're only as good as your reputation, and reputation is built on consistency. Come back, dust yourself off, support customers of your non-beta projects first and then see where you are with this one. Figure out if this is something you can handle based on your other life responsibilities. If so, work out a roadmap for the coming months that doesn't rely on promising updates 'in xx days'. You'll feel better about working when you hold yourself to more realistic expectations.

It does not matter if he comes back or if he releases an update. There simply is no trust any more. Doubt that new licenses can be sold.

Last edited:
I asked if he was willing to turn over what he has so far to another coder to finish so that we wouldn't have to start from scratch.
That is all I can do at this point.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please PM me.

I asked if he was willing to turn over what he has so far to another coder to finish so that we wouldn't have to start from scratch.
That is all I can do at this point.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please PM me.

I'm really hoping he agrees to this.

As far as I can see, he plans to get the updates done when he "gets his touch back" and return at that time. He said he won't return empty-handed.

I'm not giving an opinion.

As far as I can see, he plans to get the updates done when he "gets his touch back" and return at that time. He said he won't return empty-handed.

I'm not giving an opinion.
I don't know how things work in Bangladesh, but here in the UK if someone selling a product which requires a level of support demonstrates that they are negligent in that responsibility, not once, but twice, then they can forget trying to convince people to purchase their product again.

This is an important question for people having purchased GFN's classifieds.
Can I ask what is the point of the 'number of times an item can be relisted' option in packages?

I don't know how things work in Bangladesh, but here in the UK if someone selling a product which requires a level of support demonstrates that they are negligent in that responsibility, not once, but twice, then they can forget trying to convince people to purchase their product again.

This is an important question for people having purchased GFN's classifieds.
Can I ask what is the point of the 'number of times an item can be relisted' option in packages?

If it's a paid package I guess that the admin might want to limit the amount of times the classified can be relisted before forcing the user to buy a new package.

I think that an optional relist limit on free packages could be useful to limit the number of time a classified will be "freely bumped" (when renewed the ads back on top).
Bumping an ad to the top could be done when
  1. The ad is created
  2. The ad is bumped
With free adverts, an ad could be archived and a new one created at any time. This would mean the advertiser's ad gets bumped as often as they decide to archive and create a new ad. To prevent this, we could set a maximum number of free ads per time period. E.g. Maximum of 4 free ads per month.

In each package, we set the frequency (in hours) that an advert can be bumped. So we would set the bump frequency to 24 hours meaning they can't bump their ad within that time. Incidentally we could charge people, say $1 per advert to have it 'auto bump'.

When someone archives and then re-lists their advert, this would not bump their advert because we're going to sort ads by the bump date, and we could enforce the bump frequency rule of the package so that relisting the advert only bumps it if it can do.

Can whoever is in contact with MGTS please tell him to just post here and let us know that 1) he is OK and 2) what he feels is a realistic timeline for getting this addon done? I really like all the work that was put into it already, I would hate to see this addon completely abandoned and be forced to wait until another solution was presented. It pretty much was exactly what I was looking for. I paid for one license and am still prepared to pay for another.

I just asked him... But I don't know why he doesn't return here replying himself. The keyboard doesn't bite!

I just asked him... But I don't know why he doesn't return here replying himself. The keyboard doesn't bite!

If history is any indication, Kintaro, he will wait about a year until things die down, then return. That is what he did on the first project he abandoned.

Do I think it is right? No, I don't. Have I voiced my opinion to the powers that be? Yes, I have. Did I voice my opinion when he returned and asked for crowd funding for a new computer? Yes, I did.

It is what it is.

Top Bottom