GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

He's done this before? When? If I had known, I wouldn't have wasted $100.

I wasted $200 on this software.... and it was all over the original proposal thread Stuart, countless people were warning us not to go ahead with it because he's done this in the past... I guess they were right, we were warned though. I just had high hopes that he'd follow through on it. It was looking so promising too :(

I'll not be welcoming him back

Things happen in real life, not everyone gets to make a full time living off their board or have a stable savings for when the poop does hit the fan. For those that known him though the years know he is a pretty solid guy but going though some serious medical issues, also resulting in a deal of money issues too. I can't ever see him him doing something with the intent of screwing someone over. People are so fast to judge others...

Things happen in real life, not everyone gets to make a full time living off their board or have a stable savings for when the poop does hit the fan. For those that known him though the years know he is a pretty solid guy but going though some serious medical issues, also resulting in a deal of money issues too. I can't ever see him him doing something with the intent of screwing someone over. People are so fast to judge others...
Someone takes your money, promises to deliver something, they fail to deliver it, they go missing, they don't give you an update why they are missing. To me this screwing someone over.

Please don't give me that "he may not have internet access, or health issues". He was clearly seen on Facebook, and communicated with a few members via FB and yet failed to inform the people that funded his project.

All ll the community wanted was a quick explanation of whats going on and when work will continue. Something like "hey guys I'm sorry iv been caught up lately with real life; I'm not abandoning the project however I'm not sure when ill be back".

Yes people would have been mad but its better than what he did.

To me taking someones money, promising them something and then not delivering is basically stealing/robbing them.

I consider this theft!

I let him borrow $300 to finish his goal for the computer. He paid me back. I feel like if he had malicious intentions he wouldn't have made it so far and he absolutely wouldn't have paid me back. Maybe I was just fortunate for whatever reason, I don't know, but maybe he has some serious issues going on.

Please don't give me that "he may not have internet access, or health issues". He was clearly seen on Facebook, and communicated with a few members via FB and yet failed to inform the people that funded his project.

Odd considering his only FB activity I seen in the last few months is some photos which were added to his timeline because he was tagged in them. He hasn't messaged me on FB in a long while now, hasn't been logged into our company Hip Chat in months (he was always on daily) nor has he logged into his VPS with us. So again odd others have communicated with him or at claim to have.

So again odd others have communicated with him or at claim to have.
I simply contacted him on FB (asking about him to some of his FB contacts) and he surprisingly replied.
He even replied to me again after 27th december saying again that he was going to reconnect to the community but he didn't.

I let him borrow $300 to finish his goal for the computer. He paid me back. I feel like if he had malicious intentions he wouldn't have made it so far and he absolutely wouldn't have paid me back. Maybe I was just fortunate for whatever reason, I don't know, but maybe he has some serious issues going on.

I think Daniel was very lucky.
Frankly, I was skeptical from the outset based upon the past incident.
Also, being halfway across the world, there is no recourse if/when he takes money for crowd funding and licenses.
It sounds like he sold a fair number of licenses.
I contacted him to buy 2 of his products, including this one, and got no response.

Had Kintaro not been able to contact him, I would worry that he was seriously ill or having some real life issues.
I will take what Kintaro said at face value. He has no reason to fabricate that he spoke to MGTS.
If MGTS can be contacted, and promises to return, then that obviously puts a different light on things.

With this in mind, and giving him the benefit of the doubt, I contacted his girlfriend at the company where they both work. No response.

I think we need to write this off as a repeat of the past.
I look forward to someone else writing this because we need a way to monetize classified ads.

Hi,

I am looking myself currently for a classified ads plugin for Xenforo. I do not know this addon on, but I searched and the only alternative seems to be the one of xencentral. Did anybody compare in the past this GFN plugin with the one of xencentral?

What was the reason for you to opt for GFN instead of Xencentrals trading system? Does anybody knows another option? I know about Xentrader, but this is not supported anymore neither...

I would love to have something like "craigs list" with additional userfeedback like with ebay...

Thanks in advance

We chatted on FB 4 days ago saying he'd be back the next day. That was 3 days ago.

Do you really think that after all this history, somebody would give hime money in the future? No matter how good his addon is.

If you pay for something, you want to have security and be sure, that it is compatible with the next XF version. If the developper is so unreliable, I would never take that risk by using his software and beeing stuck in 6 months with the next desaster...

So I am looking for something else I can count on...

Do you really think that after all this history, somebody would give hime money in the future? No matter how good his addon is.

If you pay for something, you want to have security and be sure, that it is compatible with the next XF version. If the developper is so unreliable, I would never take that risk by using his software and beeing stuck in 6 months with the next desaster...

So I am looking for something else I can count on...

I'm not sharing thoughts on the matter. Simply relaying info.

I received the following message from MGTS on FB on January 2:

"Hello,
I was notified today that you contacted the page of a company I work (as a part-timer) in. Thank you for checking up on me. I am well and fine. :)

During my residential semester, which I hope you were aware of, my phone broke which I used as a Wi-Fi hotspot for my laptop and thus got cutoff from the internet for the rest of the semester and I couldn't notify you guys.

My semester ended and I returned home on December 14th. But because of this long period of no communication and not coding (with all the activities and study I had to do) I lost my touch, got behind with my work and also am afraid to go back to the community empty handed.

So I figured out I will return to the community with the newest version of the add-ons once they are done. And that is hopefully in a couple of more days.

Hope you would understand and Happy New Year! :)"

This was the response (I rarely check FB as you can see).
I offer no value judgments on what I received.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom