Expiring User Upgrades

Expiring User Upgrades [Paid] 1.3.8

No permission to buy ($20.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I keep getting reports that the link in the expiring upgrade alert leads to a 404. I use what I think is the default phrase and version 1.3.1 ...:

Code:
{username}, your account upgrade named <i><b>{upgrade_title}</b></i> will expire in {num_days} days.<br />Thank you for having purchased this upgrade and we hope you have enjoyed the benefits it offered.<br />You may extend or renew your account upgrades <a href="{url}" class="PopupItemLink">here</a>.

The alert that the user gets is

joedoe, your account upgrade named GOLD Supporting Membership has now expired.
Thank you for having purchased this upgrade and we hope you have enjoyed the benefits it offered.
You may renew your account upgrades here.
This is a fairly simple fix that I'll push into the next version (just debugging another issue).

In the template alert_exup_expired_upgrade change:
Code:
{xen:phrase exup_alert_expired_user_upgrade, 'username={$extra.username}', 'upgrade_title={$extra.upgrade_title}'}
To:
Code:
{xen:phrase exup_alert_expired_user_upgrade, 'username={$extra.username}', 'upgrade_title={$extra.upgrade_title}', 'url={xen:link account/upgrades}'}

can this be set for the admin to automatically leave the conversations sent to users? (unless they have responded)

@Xon Here is a minor typo. I just report it to make you aware of the possibility that the function could have the typo too (if used as copy/paste). I ignored it and used the correct spelling "payment_renewal" in the settings field.
xon_exup_typo.webp

@Xon my users reported that when they click on the account upgrade link in the notification Email they are not forwarded to the account upgrade page but just to the forum's page of the board... I tested it and it seems they are right.

Something is odd with the {upgrade_url}

Reactions: Xon
@Xon I am sorry, but with the latest upgrade it is still not working... please see these screenshots I made.

This is the HTML code in the phrase of the EMail:
Thank you for having purchased this upgrade and we hope you have enjoyed the benefits it offered.<br />You may extend or renew your membership upgrades <a href="{upgrade_url}"><strong>here</strong></a>.

This is the excerpt of how I get the BCC eMail:
dead_link1.webp

This is what I see when I check the "raw" file of the HTML EMail:
dead_link.webp

So the {upgrade_url} placeholder vanishes from the Email and there is no link at all. When I click it it forwards me to just the forum page which I think is just the mail app that is smart enough to do that.

@Xon
Is Paygates integration planned for the future? How soon?
Id even pay to speed things a up a little bit =)
PM me with an offer if ure interested.

Top Bottom