Expiring User Upgrades

Expiring User Upgrades [Paid] 2.5.2

No permission to buy ($25.00)
whats the difference between a subscription and an upgrade?
Subscription = recurring user upgrade
upgrade = once-off user upgrade

Having different language for recurring vs non-recurring is helpful, but is largely a holdover from the original XF1.x add-on I picked up off Daniel Hood.

Yeah, fair enough. I think adding a few simple additional phrases should make this doable. I'll look into that for the next release.

May be quite a few phrases, ugh.
Hey @Xon,

Thanks so much for working my suggestion into your latest update.

• Improve @NixFifity's Gift Upgrades integration. Titles for gifted upgrades/subscriptions are prefixed with "gifted" (editable phrase).

I've just tested it on my site, however this updated prefix on the conversation title does not show up for gifted upgrades.

Do I need to set up the prefix anywhere before this update can be active?

It should apply to new alerts generated by the add-on for user upgrades. However the 'gift' flag may be lost in some cases because of how user upgrades are done.

Best way is to check very new xf_user_upgrade_active entries to verify they have the gift flag set as expected. This flag will then be pushed into the expiring alert.

It should apply to new alerts generated by the add-on for user upgrades. However the 'gift' flag may be lost in some cases because of how user upgrades are done.

Best way is to check very new xf_user_upgrade_active entries to verify they have the gift flag set as expected. This flag will then be pushed into the expiring alert.

Does the "gift" flag only apply to alerts and not conversations?

Also, do you mean that the "gift" tag will only apply to the expiring notifications that users receive when the gifted upgrade is expiring? Or does it apply when they get notified they have a new user upgrade applied to their account?
I'm just a little confused, and trying to understand.

@Xon

With regards to this:

Optional "Extend Upgrade" button for non-recurring upgrades. This button is available on the user's purchased list to allow for early renewal thus preventing the downgrading and then re-upgrading of the user. No longer will your members need to wait for an upgrade to expire before they can re-purchase it.
This button will only be available if the upgrade details have not changed since it was first purchased (such as cost, length, user groups, and whether recurring) as they must remain the same in case the payment is reversed and the end date has to be adjusted accordingly.

Is there any way to get around this as I've raised the price of an upgrade and many of our members like to extend or renew the upgrade before it expires?
I'm just cautious that some won't renew if they have to wait for it to expire first.

Thanks,

This is a holdover from the original logic from XF1, and I'll need to check if it can be easily relaxed. I suspect it will be doable.

Works well, thank you, invaluable when increasing member support upgrade cost as the member can extend their upgrade on receipt of the reminder notification without having to wait for the upgrade to expire first and forgetting to do so.

Reactions: Xon
@Xon

It seems the disable_this_link for the email templates exup_email_expiring_subscription_body and exup_email_expiring_upgrade_body don't work. When clicked, the only option presented on the email_stop_confirm page is "Disable all emails".

If I change line 18 in those templates from sv_ups_expired_expirying to sv_up_expired_expirying, it works.

Figured I'd let you know :)

Great add-on. Is there a variable for the actual expire date that can be inserted in the phrase exup_email_purchased_user_upgrade_body_html ?

Thanks,

Top Bottom