XF 2.1 Still having issues with User Upgrades paid via Stripe

webbouk

When a user pays for an upgrade using Stripe as the payment processor the payment goes through okay, Stripe has no issues processing the payment, yet XF fails to recognise that the transaction has been successful and therefore doesn't add the upgrade to the user's membership.
There are no errors being reported.

Am I missing something in the set up or is there an issue as it's inconvenient having to manually add the upgrades ?

Paypal works as intended.

- XF 2.1.6 Patch 1 installed

Whoops :)

There are no entries in the XF Payment provider log for any Stripe payments since September 14th 2019 , that being the last one recorded

XF can only process an upgrade if it receives a valid callback from Stripe.

You will need to look into it at Stripe's end to see why the callbacks aren't being sent.

It appears that the Webhook was removed from our settings around September 15th 2019

I've just gone over XF ACP payment-profiles/pay-with-stripe.2/edit and checked the webhook endpoint in our Stripe dashboard, and it was missing.

Once added, the signing secret was revealed which was different to our previous secret

I've changed it and will do a test payment shortly.

One question, in the Stripe dashboard it requests that you select an/or all Event types.

Am I correct in thinking that it is :
  • account.updated
Or is it all the four that are listed?

Regards,

I completed an actual payment at 21:23 which shows in the Stripe dashboard at 21:24, plus email confirmation of receipt of payment to ourselves, but the user upgrade hasn't been updated within XF and nothing within the Payment provider log

Coincidentally (or not) this took place around the time that our Stripe issues started...

Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), a rule in effect as of September 14, 2019, as part of PSD2 regulation in Europe, requires changes to how your European customers authenticate online payments. Card payments require a different user experience, namely 3D Secure, in order to meet SCA requirements. Transactions that don’t follow the new authentication guidelines may be declined by your customers’ banks.

I've relayed the issue to Stripe support and they've checked everything at our account end and come back with ...

Okay, then unfortunately I'm pretty limited in terms of what guidance I can offer here. Since it doesn't appear that any info is failing to send from Stripe (when a webhook fails to send, it leaves a record in the Events page of your Dashboard), my best guess would be that something is going wrong with the forum software.

If the developers push back and advise you to contact Stripe support again, I would recommend asking them to also include a snippet of code for our team to troubleshoot or any additional details that they want to convey to our development help team.

XF handles these event types:

Code:
'charge.dispute.funds_withdrawn',
'charge.dispute.funds_reinstated',
'charge.refunded',
'charge.succeeded',
'invoice.payment_succeeded',
'review.closed'

The main one in there is charge.succeeded. If that isn't selected, XF won't know about a successful payment.

Make sure your callback URL is correct, and those events are being sent.

Sorry for bumping a very old thread but this still seems to be an “issue”.. how do I get payment provider logs (on xenforo) to show up when someone is attempting to make a purchase? I see nothing, crypto works fine but i need to see it all there.

I can see it on stripes end and it’s set to all (as suggested above). Clicking purchase on the forums shows payment created on stripe, I am wanting that and all events to show up in payment provider logs. It should be I don’t see a reason it wouldn’t.

Last edited:
Logs will only be written to XF if the payment provider sends something back.

Which logs do you believe are missing, which correspond with callbacks from the payment provider?

Top Bottom