XF 2.1 Still having issues with User Upgrades paid via Stripe

webbouk

When a user pays for an upgrade using Stripe as the payment processor the payment goes through okay, Stripe has no issues processing the payment, yet XF fails to recognise that the transaction has been successful and therefore doesn't add the upgrade to the user's membership.
There are no errors being reported.

Am I missing something in the set up or is there an issue as it's inconvenient having to manually add the upgrades ?

Paypal works as intended.

- XF 2.1.6 Patch 1 installed

You would have to check on the Stripe dashboard, or ask them which events are sent back.

I don't use Stripe so have no knowledge of it.

I just had someone make a purchase for $1 and it came through as succeeded, they got a email from my email (on stripe, not the forum like it should be). I think its just because the webhook is failing, but im not sure why its failing. He did not get his subscription on the forum.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Right.

Until Stripe successfully calls back to XF, XF has no knowledge of the transaction.

If it fails again then it's going to need looking into at Stripe's end - possibly some misconfiguration in the settings.

You can expand the failed webhook and it will show you the response from the server. That may help with debugging.

Definitely double check the URL you have specified for the webhook to confirm that it's correct. Notably, Stripe won't follow redirects, so make sure the protocol part of the URL is correct (visiting the forum for your license, that'd be https).

Yeah I quadruple checked, we thought cloudflare could be blocking it and it was. i disabled all security to the endpoint and it worked just as intended, but this leaves the endpoint vulnerable. I am going to try and just alllow stripes IPs in their api docs bypass my cloudflare to that webhook and it should be working fine.

I've run into this fail-to-upgrade problem with the same user twice.

Log shows this:

Error: Event data received from Stripe does not contain the expected values.
User
Unknown user
Date
Yesterday at 8:51 AM
Purchase request key
N/A
Transaction ID
evt——————————————-
Subscriber ID
su——————————————-
Payment profile
Unknown profile

I can quote more, but I don't want to include any proprietary information. The account looks OK in Stripe.

Still getting this error from time to time. :(

Error: Event data received from Stripe does not contain the expected values.

I kind of wish it happened all the time as then it'd be easier to diagnose. It just happens so rarely.

I woke up to another angry customer who purchased a user upgrade and it didn't automatically do it. Usually I catch it but I was asleep.

I don't know anything about issues, but I know that I have around 500 tries to pay, but only 106 happend payments at a client's site in the last x {time-period}.
And I have no idea if this rate is just normal, or a problem of the site, xenforo, stripe or the weather.

Top Bottom