Expiring User Upgrades

Expiring User Upgrades [Paid] 1.3.8

No permission to buy ($20.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Under Expiring User Upgrades, what does the Upgrade URL report as? The default URL has what it expects to render next to it.

all I believe. I get conversations all the time telling me the link doesn't work -
Please start a conversation with me, as you simply aren't giving enough public information to troubleshoot this.

I'll likely need an admin account (not the one sending the conversations) and so I can apply and remove a user promotion to observe the process

I am thinking about buying this addon for my three sites. Shown below are are my currently available upgrades.
upgrades.webp
Some members do the first option ($10/year recurring) and are set to auto renew a year later. Then they don't necessarily need a reminder.

Others do the first option ($10/year recurring) and then immediately cancels through PayPal, so their upgrade will last 1 year and then expire.

Would this addon be useful for both of the above situations? How would you recommend setting up the options for my situation?

This addon does is add the ability to extend an upgrade prior to it expiring (for non-recurring upgrades), and give better notification that the upgrade is expiring.

So I think the answer is yes. You would have a recurring upgrade for people that don't care, and then the same upgrade that is non-recurring but comes with a host of reminders and the ability to extend prior to expiration

Expiry notices are configured per user upgrade, so you can easily have different notice times for each length (or just disabled for some).

If someone has a recurring upgrade and cancels through PayPal, will the "Notify user once upgrade has expired?" option for this addon work?

Or is that option only applicable to non-recurring upgrades?

Disabling the user upgrade causes it to fail to apply during a recurring subscription payment.

Since you have Expiring User Upgrades , leave the user upgrade enable but adjust the "Usable by user groups" option so no one can buy it.

Or, you can go via paypal on your side cancel any recurring subscriptions with that given type.

@Xon - I can't find the "Usable by user groups" option. Can you please tell me where to find it?

I've installed this addon and it generate some error while it sends email:
Code:
ErrorException: Email to mailtest@gmail.com failed: [E_WARNING] preg_split() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/AbstractHeader.php:337

I still don't see it :unsure:. Here's what I see under addon options and per upgrade options:

View attachment 190478 View attachment 190479
Apologies, it is my (paid) add-on User Upgrade Permissions which adds those fields. Forgot which add-on added that functionality sorry :(

It is however Expiring User Upgrades which makes the upgrades 'stack' aka extend.

I've installed this addon and it generate some error while it sends email:
Code:
ErrorException: Email to mailtest@gmail.com failed: [E_WARNING] preg_split() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/AbstractHeader.php:337
I need to see the entire stack trace(not just the error message) and what version of XF you are using.

Last edited:
Top Bottom