[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map

[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map 2.5.0

No permission to download
Where are the installation instructions for this mod? I can't find them anywhere. I installed the add-on, and all I get is a grey square.

Do I need to install the GeoLite2 DB or will it work without it? I see the CRON entry, and I've run it, but I get nothing.

Does this mod code the URL entered when downloading into it? I entered the URL for my production site, but I always install on my test server first, and it's not working. Any help appreciated.

Where are the installation instructions for this mod? I can't find them anywhere. I installed the add-on, and all I get is a grey square.

Do I need to install the GeoLite2 DB or will it work without it? I see the CRON entry, and I've run it, but I get nothing.

Does this mod code the URL entered when downloading into it? I entered the URL for my production site, but I always install on my test server first, and it's not working. Any help appreciated.
Your site needs to run HTTPS in order for the map to work. Please make sure you redirect all HTTP requests to HTTPS and make that your site URL in the XF options.

Fillip

Your site needs to run HTTPS in order for the map to work. Please make sure you redirect all HTTP requests to HTTPS and make that your site URL in the XF options.

Fillip

So I turned on https and the map now shows up, thanks. BUT, I don't see any markers on it. How do I get the member locations to show up?

So I turned on https and the map now shows up, thanks. BUT, I don't see any markers on it. How do I get the member locations to show up?

I just checked and I'm getting the following errors in the log:

• ErrorException: Unexpected result from GeoIP: array ( 'type' => 'error', 'msg' => 'No record found.', )
  • src/XF/Error.php:75
Stack trace

#0 src/XF.php(162): XF\Error->logError('Unexpected resu...', false)
#1 src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/Service/GeoLocate.php(149): XF::logError('Unexpected resu...')
#2 src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/Pub/Controller/Map.php(81): DBTech\MemberMap\Service\GeoLocate->lookup('192.168.1.2')
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): DBTech\MemberMap\Pub\Controller\Map->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('DBTech\\MemberMa...', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'members', Object(DBTech\MemberMap\Pub\Controller\Map), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

Regarding the custom location field, members can already drag and drop their own pins to set their real location - as this only uses rough IP address lookups, my location is showing up as London whereas I'm in Glasgow (my ISP's HQ is in London).

Hi Fillip,

thank you for this addon!

I am currently using Crispin's user map for XF1, but since he seems to have abandoned the addon, even without any hint in between, I want to switch to a trusted developer for XF2. You'd be just the man for the job!

I understand that you don't want to invest time in this free addon. But since you say at the same time that money can convince, hopefully we will find a way :)

The most important functions in Crispins Map are for me:

• No positioning through IP localization. We live in a GDPR country, I'd like to avoid that. Only users who explicitly fill in an additional location field are displayed on the map. When zooming in, the clusters change to individual pins.
  • Show clusters instead of pins in places where many pins are close to each other
  • Link to a user's position on his profile page
  • Link to the position of a user on his membership card
  • Small popup or membership card when clicking on a pin

Some of it seems to already be realized in your addon (just visited the page of haqzore). But can we, motivated, find a way to optionally use the additional location field as default option for positioning and turn off IP localization completely? It's not super hasty. Within a few weeks would be enough.

That would be great. If you send me a sign, I'll look for the conversation.

As I allude to earlier in this thread I would be more than happy to pay for a premium version of this addon that includes features from Crispins. I have a long list of features if you're interested in picking this up. I think he had a fair number of customers but don't have figures to back that up.

Can you link me to the mod so I can look into those features further?

I'd love to, Fillip:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/user-map-deleted.116884/

However, the addon was automatically deleted from the Xenforo system because it was not updated for a long time. But you can find the map on the programmer's own page here:
https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/map/

In addition to the functions I mentioned above, it also has functions for searching within a radius, searching for user groups, and so on. I do not need this, but perhaps others.

I like this ....it's a neat feature to offer and it works without using the Geolite2 code but I downloaded all different ones from the Geolite2 site but I can not figure out how or which one to point to because I get a not fond or cannot be read error. I try path, I try https:// URL based path to the folder the files are in and even to an actual named file...... Is there a hidden magic to the Geolite2 thing? :) lol How does one go about this...I have seen a few ask, but no one really dive into it.

I also agree with @ichpen charge us man! :P

I try path, I try https:// URL based path to the folder the files are in and even to an actual named file...... Is there a hidden magic to the Geolite2 thing?
You need to specify the full path, e.g. /home/dbtech/geoip/GeoLite2-City.mmdb or whatever the file is called. Either that, or store it in the internal_data folder so you only have to use internal_data/filename.mmdb

Fillip

I may have missed this but can individual members choose to opt out of being displayed on the map for privacy concerns?

Yeah, either directly in the pop up for their own pin, or via the preferences page.

Fillip

I don't mean to be a pain over a free add-on, but I do not see anything in preferences, privacy or even when clicking the pin itself. Is it mixed in with another function? I can move pins, I can goto a profile via pin, but I have no option to not show the map via the pin or within the above.

Maybe I'm missing it...? I even checked user group permissions to ensure I was not missing a setting to allow for it to be hidden.

Top Bottom