[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map

[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map 2.5.0

No permission to download
@DragonByte Tech ,
I always have this error in the log file. It still seems to locate - but am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Code:
    MaxMind\Db\Reader\InvalidDatabaseException: [MemberMap] Invalid GeoIp2 database: Error opening database file (/var/www/vhosts/domain.name/httpdocs/geoip). Is this a valid MaxMind DB file? phar://src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/3rdParty/GeoIp2/geoip2.phar/vendor/maxmind-db/reader/src/MaxMind/Db/Reader.php:251

Generated by: Unknown account Oct 8, 2018 at 4:14 AM

Stack trace

#0 phar://src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/3rdParty/GeoIp2/geoip2.phar/vendor/maxmind-db/reader/src/MaxMind/Db/Reader.php(63): MaxMind\Db\Reader->findMetadataStart('/var/www/vhosts...')
#1 phar://src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/3rdParty/GeoIp2/geoip2.phar/src/Database/Reader.php(52): MaxMind\Db\Reader->__construct('/var/www/vhosts...')
#2 src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/Service/GeoLocate.php(46): GeoIp2\Database\Reader->__construct('/var/www/vhosts...')
#3 src/XF/Container.php(273): DBTech\MemberMap\Service\GeoLocate->__construct(Object(XF\Pub\App))
#4 src/XF/App.php(1359): XF\Container->createObject('DBTech\\MemberMa...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Container.php(228): XF\App->XF\{closure}('DBTech\\MemberMa...', Array, Object(XF\Container))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2508): XF\Container->create('service', 'DBTech\\MemberMa...', Array)
#7 src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/Repository/GeoIp.php(75): XF\App->service('DBTech\\MemberMa...')
#8 src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/Cron/GeoLocate.php(21): DBTech\MemberMap\Repository\GeoIp->scanUsers()
#9 [internal function]: DBTech\MemberMap\Cron\GeoLocate::scanIps(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#10 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(35): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Cron->run(8)
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#13 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#14 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#15 {main}

The db files are uploaded as mmdb and csv:

Attachments

• geoip_dir.webp
    geoip_dir.webp
    78.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
@DragonByte Tech ,
I always have this error in the log file. It still seems to locate - but am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
Looks like you may have entered the wrong value for the setting. Can you tell me the contents of the GeoIP path setting?

Fillip

Nice addon, can I ask if 'dbtech' can be removed from the page url? Seems odd to pay for branding removal and have 'dbtech' in the url?

Looks like you may have entered the wrong value for the setting. Can you tell me the contents of the GeoIP path setting?

Fillip
Meanwhile I had to find out, that it just puts everybody in the very same place in the middle of the country. So it doesn´t locate correctly. I´ll sent you a screenshot via PM.

This works only session activity from XF2, it is possible to work with session time out or member status (online/offline) ?

If that, it will save status of a member on map longer.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Member Map with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This version contains a significant usability update: You no longer have to manually install the GeoIP database!

The GeoIP database responsible for looking up your members' IP addresses is now automatically kept up to date at regular intervals, and updated every time you install or update the product.
The PHP files responsible for interfacing with the GeoIP database is also kept up to date whenever you update the product.

As a result of these changes, the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Weird. All I get for avatars is. I am using ui.x if that makes a difference.

Code:
.avatar.avatar--default.avatar--default--text {
    color: #7c9292 !important;
    background: #dee4e4 !important;
}
We can only really officially support the default theme so your best bet will be to ask them if they have any idea.

Also make sure you’ve reverted any customisations to the MemberMap templates.

Fillip

We can only really officially support the default theme so your best bet will be to ask them if they have any idea.

Fillip

I will upgrade and see if that works because avatars do not work on default either.

Fillip

I upgraded and the avatars are now there.

The only issue I have is that even though I change the map style, it does nothing.

Hey Filip (@DragonByte Tech).

Thanks for the update. I see you got rid of the js error at max zoom but I'm still seeing inconsistent clustering at max or nearly max zoom as per attached pic.

I'm still seeing inconsistent clustering at max or nearly max zoom as per attached pic.
This is not a bug. If you have multiple users with the exact same latitude and longitudes, then they will never expand further than what you see.

This is why the option to disable clustering was added :)

Fillip

Top Bottom