[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce

[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce [Paid] 3.4.0

No permission to buy ($29.95)
Yes, if you enable VAT in eCommerce it instructs PayPal not to add any VAT as it’s baked into the price. If that doesn’t work for you, you should disable the VAT support, but that would mean users get a surprise when they go to checkout.
Ok thanks for confirming.
Is there no way to let Paypal know that VAT has been charged and should be reflected in the Paypal invoice?
If not, could eCommerce display a note saying that tax will be added at checkout?

Last edited:
Ok thanks for confirming.
Is there no way to let Paypal know that VAT has been charged and should be reflected in the Paypal invoice?
If not, could eCommerce display a note saying that tax will be added at checkout?
You can add this yourself via the Notice system. 1686914412863.webp
DBTech\eCommerce\Pub\Controller\Checkout :: index.

Any answer on this one @DragonByte Tech, please?
I have been away on holiday all week :)

You can add this yourself via the Notice system.
1686914412863.png

DBTech\eCommerce\Pub\Controller\Checkout :: index.
Apologies, but the only notice system I know about is in Communication, and I'm sure you don't mean that. Could you point me in the right direction, please?
I have been away on holiday all week :)
Apologies for my impatience. I hope you had a fantastic time (y)

Does this setting
Include sales tax in order total sent to the payment processor
Tell Paypal that tax has been added by eCommerce so that Paypal can show it in invoices?

Also I see
VAT rates will be kept up to date automatically.
what service do you use for that, please?

Apologies, but the only notice system I know about is in Communication, and I'm sure you don't mean that. Could you point me in the right direction, please?
I do indeed mean that, you can use it to create a page notice that only shows on the checkout page.

Include sales tax in order total sent to the payment processor
Tell Paypal that tax has been added by eCommerce so that Paypal can show it in invoices?
No, it tells PayPal that the tax should be set as 0.00 in PayPal.

what service do you use for that, please?
https://github.com/ibericode/vat - I use this library to pull the VAT rates and set a flag on a per-country basis.

When you buy a product, an information message is sent by e-mail, can you do a method to send it via private message?
@DragonByte Tech
I don't think I would want potentially sensitive information revealed in DMs (messages in XenForo aren't really private as they are unencrypted in the database), so I don't think this is something I'd want to add at this time, sorry.

I don't think I would want potentially sensitive information revealed in DMs (messages in XenForo aren't really private as they are unencrypted in the database), so I don't think this is something I'd want to add at this time, sorry.
I understood what you said, but exactly what I mean, for example, I want to sell a serial key, but this serial key site, etc. I want to send it with a private message, he can get the serial from his licenses normally.

What I want to do is to send a private message when he buys the product, and send the documents to activate the sources, sites and serial keys to be used.

I'm trying to delete a Product pricing tier but I keep getting this:
You cannot delete this pricing tier as there is one or more pending orders making use of it.

How do I fix it? I've removed all pending/awaiting payment orders for this product, all that's left is the order that were completed.

Regards.

I'm trying to delete a Product pricing tier but I keep getting this:
You cannot delete this pricing tier as there is one or more pending orders making use of it.

How do I fix it? I've removed all pending/awaiting payment orders for this product, all that's left is the order that were completed.

Regards.
It only checks for orders that are pending at the moment, so chances are you missed a few orders when cleaning up the order log :)

Is there an API that comes with this and can I have users post products as well as myself. I am looking to allow for external import of products via the API but also to have my users post their own products into the store, if they have permission

Is there an API that comes with this and can I have users post products as well as myself. I am looking to allow for external import of products via the API but also to have my users post their own products into the store, if they have permission
This is not a classifieds addon, all products sold will have their payments deposited into your account.

That being said, yes there is an API :) https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/pages/ecommerce-api-endpoints/

I do indeed mean that, you can use it to create a page notice that only shows on the checkout page.
I think you misunderstood me. We need to let Paypal know that tax has been added, not the user.
Is it possible to tell paypal that a specified value of the transaction is tax, so Paypal can display that in its invoices?
I don’t know, I don’t think so.
This is absolutely essential for proper accounting of VAT using Paypal invoices and presenting the correct information to the customer.
Could I please ask that you (urgently) investigate this so that the invoices the customers receive from Paypal are correctly showing tax?
Your software is great but it needs to conform to proper financial accounting requirements.

If this is not possible, is there a spreadsheet type report we can get which, on each row, shows all the needed order information including the
  1. order date
  2. customer name
  3. customer address
  4. items purchased info
  5. excluding tax order amount
  6. tax rate (dependent upon country from your system)
  7. total order value including tax
So we can easily put this in our accounting software?
At the moment it's a bloody nightmare having to view the order log and click on each one and copy+paste the details.
We can't be the only VAT registered organisation accounting properly (as required by our countries revenue collection organisation - HMRC in our case and the IRS in America) for their online digital sales.

Thanks

We can't be the only VAT registered organisation accounting properly (as required by our countries revenue collection organisation - HMRC in our case and the IRS in America) for their online digital sales.
You are apparently the only VAT-registered organisation that has your exact setup. I've used multiple accounting software in the decade and a half I've been VAT registered, and none of them have had the problems your software has.

I would strongly recommend getting better accounting software that doesn't rely solely on one payment processor. I can personally recommend Xero, alongside this addon by Xon: https://atelieraphelion.com/products/xero-invoice-sync.76/ which automatically pushes itemised invoices into Xero.

I second @Stuart Wright s request.

It is absolutely required to bill the customer correctly and be able to import the sales correctly into any accounting software. Currently your PayPal integration makes it impossible to bill customers correctly via Paypal.

Also it would be VERY helpful to have a sales data export feature with variable settings.

I second @Stuart Wright s request.

It is absolutely required to bill the customer correctly and be able to import the sales correctly into any accounting software. Currently your PayPal integration makes it impossible to bill customers correctly via Paypal.

Also it would be VERY helpful to have a sales data export feature with variable settings.
I’m using the standard XenForo PayPal integration, are you saying literally no one who sells user upgrades are doing accounting “correctly”?

Not only is it wrong to say the integration is incorrect, but as I pointed out earlier (and provided instructions for), you can add a notice during checkout that says applicable taxes will be added during payment. This is consistent with most online businesses where VAT rate depends on the buyer’s country.

Lastly, setting the tax rate being passed to PayPal will occasionally introduce rounding errors that prevent payments from being correctly flagged as paid.

There is a reason XenForo set up the payment profile the way it is.

Top Bottom