[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce

[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce [Paid] 3.3.3

No permission to buy ($29.95)
if anyone has this installed could you send me a link by pm of your site so I can look how it integrates into the frontend of your site

Ok I bought it and I was struggling at first but it is straightforward and is easy once you get it. I suggest if you are selling physical items to edit shipping methods first and shipping zones second and every thing will go smooth as silk.. Thanks for the good product

There is definitely support for this add-on

My store front also sells dozens of add-ons via using this add-on.
Are you using another add-on for importing Printful stuff? Or are you manually setting up the products?

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This version contains numerous fixes and improvements, most of which were contributed by @Xon.

The AdminCP product filter has been improved to use AJAX rather than simply filtering the current page, which should make finding the product you're looking for much easier.

A few issues with search indexing have been resolved, which should lead to more reliable search results for products.

The "Permanent additional user groups" setting for a product did not apply when a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Xon
DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This version addresses a shortcoming in the User Criteria integration, where it was only possible to check for orders that were "Awaiting payment" but not "Pending. The difference is; an order "Awaiting payment" is where the payment process started but was aborted, whereas a "Pending" order did not even start the payment process.

Complete Change Log

Feature: New criteria: "User has one or more pending orders"
Change: Update...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello @DragonByte Tech, I have a question about VAT. Which is better?
Should we charge VAT using eCommerce with the Enable sales tax checkbox checked?
Or should we have Paypal charge VAT?
I believe your system is better because you automatically update the country VAT rates whereas Paypal does not.

I ask because I have both enabled (I now realise). The figure we are charging is including VAT, but by eCommerce (I'm almost certain) because Paypal is showing invoices with zero VAT. (In this image of the Paypal invoice for a customer's transaction - an addon sale - the transaction is £20 + VAT).
1.png
Is that because your system is instructing Paypal to not charge tax?
Ideally eCommerce should tell Paypal that VAT of 20% has been charged so that Paypal correctly reports this on its invoices.
Should we switch off sales tax on eCommerce and let Paypal add the VAT? Because we rely on the Paypal information rather than the eCommerce information when doing the bookkeeping (in part because the Paypal transaction log can be exported as a CSV whereas the eCommerce purchase log can't).
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello @DragonByte Tech, I have a question about VAT. Which is better?
Should we charge VAT using eCommerce with the Enable sales tax checkbox checked?
Or should we have Paypal charge VAT?
I believe your system is better because you automatically update the country VAT rates whereas Paypal does not.

I ask because I have both enabled (I now realise). The figure we are charging is including VAT, but by eCommerce (I'm almost certain) because Paypal is showing invoices with zero VAT. (In this image of the Paypal invoice for a customer's transaction - an addon sale - the transaction is £20 + VAT).
View attachment 287059
Is that because your system is instructing Paypal to not charge tax?
Ideally eCommerce should tell Paypal that VAT of 20% has been charged so that Paypal correctly reports this on its invoices.
Should we switch off sales tax on eCommerce and let Paypal add the VAT? Because we rely on the Paypal information rather than the eCommerce information when doing the bookkeeping (in part because the Paypal transaction log can be exported as a CSV whereas the eCommerce purchase log can't).
Thanks.
Yes, if you enable VAT in eCommerce it instructs PayPal not to add any VAT as it’s baked into the price. If that doesn’t work for you, you should disable the VAT support, but that would mean users get a surprise when they go to checkout.

Top Bottom