[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce

[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce [Paid] 3.4.0

No permission to buy ($29.95)
You absolutely should do that, as whatever setup you're running right now is not supported. You need to be able to use the archive installer in order to get the best experience.
I've been reading this a lot lately and I'm getting ready to use this add-on. Could you explain to me why the archive uploads are better and how I should know what file permissions I would need to change?

I've been reading this a lot lately and I'm getting ready to use this add-on. Could you explain to me why the archive uploads are better and how I should know what file permissions I would need to change?
Archive uploads are better because they make it impossible for there to be any mistakes while uploading. The amount of times during the vBulletin days, someone tried to manually match folders inside the "upload" folder as opposed to just dragging and dropping the contents of the upload folder to their forum's folder... I will never support manual uploads for this reason.

I couldn't tell you what file permissions to change, as Apache/PHP should already have write access to the files in a normal setup. You'll need to contact XF support and/or your host to get assistance with this particular point.

Archive uploads are better because they make it impossible for there to be any mistakes while uploading.
And I'm assuming if you uninstall and tell XF to delete the files, it accurately deletes all of them if you used archive uploads? Because XF usually misses files to delete but I'm also assuming that's because I had been using FTP to upload.

And I'm assuming if you uninstall and tell XF to delete the files, it accurately deletes all of them if you used archive uploads? Because XF usually misses files to delete but I'm also assuming that's because I had been using FTP to upload.
I do believe that's the case, yes. It won't clean up residual files in the data or internal_data directories, but I believe XF will delete all of the normal files :)

finally this plugin accepts recurring subscription payments?
Recurring sales: You can configure sales to recur at certain time intervals, or using custom date ranges. This makes recurring sales useful for sales that occur at the same date every year (such as Xmas) and for sales that occur at different dates every year (such as Easter).

Hi, I was also curious if there will be added a support for recurring payments. Its really something that would enhance the addon even more and attract me to purchase it again. Really this is the only major thing missing in this ecommerce system. Is anything like that planned?

finally this plugin accepts recurring subscription payments?
Recurring sales: You can configure sales to recur at certain time intervals, or using custom date ranges. This makes recurring sales useful for sales that occur at the same date every year (such as Xmas) and for sales that occur at different dates every year (such as Easter).
...no? A sale means your products are discounted, as in "get 15% off our lineup this Easter" etc.

...no? A sale means your products are discounted, as in "get 15% off our lineup this Easter" etc.
He wants to configure it so that it does it automatically.

We do a sale every other week on our site so as to help those who cannot always afford to purchase from us, and to also encourage those that can to buy more, so automating it has been something I have desperately wanted. I do this currently with DBTech Shop by doing different categories, set view and purchase permissions to never when they're inactive (we've made an edit to extend it so category products are visible even if the category itself is disabled to bypass an issue I reported previously) and just alternate the default category and the current sale category.

He wants to configure it so that it does it automatically.

We do a sale every other week on our site so as to help those who cannot always afford to purchase from us, and to also encourage those that can to buy more, so automating it has been something I have desperately wanted. I do this currently with DBTech Shop by doing different categories, set view and purchase permissions to never when they're inactive (we've made an edit to extend it so category products are visible even if the category itself is disabled to bypass an issue I reported previously) and just alternate the default category and the current sale category.
Recurring subscription payments are different from sales.

Also, sales can recur automatically:
1649676849072.webp

Do you plan adding automated payments (subscription serivce) to the db ecommerce tho? As I know its not added yet. Or dont you have any plans to do so?
There are no current plans to add subscriptions, as not every payment profile supports subscriptions. Furthermore, the checkout flow is different for a subscription compared to a normal purchase, which means the "Shopping cart" feature would not work.

That's not to say it would never happen, but there are currently no such plans.

Recurring subscription payments are different from sales.

Also, sales can recur automatically:
View attachment 267081

There are no current plans to add subscriptions, as not every payment profile supports subscriptions. Furthermore, the checkout flow is different for a subscription compared to a normal purchase, which means the "Shopping cart" feature would not work.

That's not to say it would never happen, but there are currently no such plans.
Thank you for the reply. True the shopping cart wouldnt be needed in a subscription service. And also you are right regarding the payment profiles. Maybe that would be an idea for a new addon for you to release. The whole system around db ecommerce (invoicing, sales, licensing, tax, logs etc.) is very great. Maybe you can release this in combination with a subscription service focused addon. But since I don't know how much effort that would be for you to code/change, I don't know if you are interested in releasing something like "db subscriptions" :D

For physical products, can a product author/owner mark an order as shipped? Or can only the admin do that through the admincp?

I have different (non admin) members dealing with the shipping of different products, so they need to be able to mark each order as they send it.

For physical products, can a product author/owner mark an order as shipped? Or can only the admin do that through the admincp?

I have different (non admin) members dealing with the shipping of different products, so they need to be able to mark each order as they send it.
Currently it's only done via the AdminCP, sorry.

After installing the plugin began to have an error when importing the language. And I can't set another language.

Ip9qrTz.png

M5o87te.png

Last edited:
I've tried older versions Dbtech ecommerce, still the same error. Because of this error I can not translate the plugin into my language, the translation is not saved :(
You can temporarily disable the "Add a call to our JS file" template modification and re-enable it later.

You can temporarily disable the "Add a call to our JS file" template modification and re-enable it later.
I turned it off. I also tried turning it off and on. But the import of another language still does not work. Phrases in templates cannot be translated either, they are not saved.

The following error occurs in the browser console.

EIfjVPgwMY.png

Solved the problem as follows! Maybe it will help someone for the future.

Increased limits:
wait_timeout = 28800
max_allowed_packet = 8M

reboot server mysql

Now everything works! Yay!

Attachments

• 7UKSlMy6eM.webp
    7UKSlMy6eM.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Doe this allow members in certain groups to sell physicals products, or only the website (admins) can sell them? The description is unclear. Also can they set shipping prices?

Top Bottom