[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce

[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce [Paid] 3.4.0

No permission to buy ($29.95)
I have a couple of questions:

1) Can this add-on be used to sell both add-on licenses and services? Say I want to sell some add-ons and offer services. How would this software determine applicable taxes for each customer based on product versus service?

2) how does this product keep up with sales tax / VAT?

On the second question, is this handled by the payment processor (Stripe or PayPal) and does it requiring filing taxes in the UK and EU? Does the money go to my business and I pay out or does Stripe and Paypal perform some voodoo and take care of it all?

I have a couple of questions:

1) Can this add-on be used to sell both add-on licenses and services? Say I want to sell some add-ons and offer services. How would this software determine applicable taxes for each customer based on product versus service?

2) how does this product keep up with sales tax / VAT?

On the second question, is this handled by the payment processor (Stripe or PayPal) and does it requiring filing taxes in the UK and EU? Does the money go to my business and I pay out or does Stripe and Paypal perform some voodoo and take care of it all?
1) You can, yes. Services is a separate product type :) There are no difference in tax levels for products and services and this addon does not distinguish between them.

2) If you enable sales tax + VAT in the settings, VAT rates for all EU countries are fetched automatically and added to the total being sent to the payment processor. You will need to handle your own bookkeeping and file taxes in U.K. and EU if you have a U.K. business. I recommend Xero for this as Xon has an addon that will sync eCommerce invoices to Xero with the correct VAT amount for each.

Both Paypal and Stripe (and various other payment processors) handle tax all slightly differently so the really only sane way is to push the invoices into a single accounting package with the correct codes and tax rate and let it handle things.

It would be up to you to determine if using Stripe and it managing taxes (which can wrap paypal) would be worth it over an actual accounting package.

1) You can, yes. Services is a separate product type :) There are no difference in tax levels for products and services and this addon does not distinguish between them.

2) If you enable sales tax + VAT in the settings, VAT rates for all EU countries are fetched automatically and added to the total being sent to the payment processor. You will need to handle your own bookkeeping and file taxes in U.K. and EU if you have a U.K. business. I recommend Xero for this as Xon has an addon that will sync eCommerce invoices to Xero with the correct VAT amount for each.
So as an American company, would I need to register in each EU country + UK is there a central registration? Would I need to file taxes in each country I sold a product / service or is there a central filing system?

Sorry, I know these are not specific questions to this product.

I had this error pop up a couple times today when someone tried to make an order with a VAT ID. Running 3.3.2

Code:
    Error: Class "SoapClient" not found
    src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/vendor/ibericode/vat/src/Vies/Client.php:67

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/vendor/ibericode/vat/src/Vies/Client.php(48): Ibericode\Vat\Vies\Client->getClient()
#1 src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/vendor/ibericode/vat/src/Validator.php(125): Ibericode\Vat\Vies\Client->checkVat('AB', 'ABCDEFG')
#2 src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/vendor/ibericode/vat/src/Validator.php(139): Ibericode\Vat\Validator->validateVatNumberExistence('HIJKLMN')
#3 src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/Repository/Country.php(376): Ibericode\Vat\Validator->validateVatNumber('HIJKLMN')
#4 src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/Repository/Address.php(50): DBTech\eCommerce\Repository\Country->validateVatIdForCountry('HIJKLMN', 'AB')
#5 src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/Pub/Controller/Checkout.php(295): DBTech\eCommerce\Repository\Address->validateVatId('HIJKLMN', Object(DBTech\eCommerce\Entity\Address), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): DBTech\eCommerce\Pub\Controller\Checkout->actionProceed(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('DBTech\\eCommerc...', 'Proceed', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(DBTech\eCommerce\Pub\Controller\Checkout), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(DBTech\eCommerce\Pub\Controller\Checkout), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(27) "/xf-addons/checkout/proceed"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://fortreeforums.xyz/xf-addons/checkout"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["coupon_code"] => string(0) ""
    ["sales_tax_id"] => string(12) "HIJKLMN"
    ["update"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(19) "/xf-addons/checkout"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I had this error pop up a couple times today when someone tried to make an order with a VAT ID. Running 3.3.2

Code:

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/vendor/ibericode/vat/src/Vies/Client.php(48): Ibericode\Vat\Vies\Client->getClient()
#1 src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/vendor/ibericode/vat/src/Validator.php(125): Ibericode\Vat\Vies\Client->checkVat('AB', 'ABCDEFG')
#2 src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/vendor/ibericode/vat/src/Validator.php(139): Ibericode\Vat\Validator->validateVatNumberExistence('HIJKLMN')
#3 src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/Repository/Country.php(376): Ibericode\Vat\Validator->validateVatNumber('HIJKLMN')
#4 src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/Repository/Address.php(50): DBTech\eCommerce\Repository\Country->validateVatIdForCountry('HIJKLMN', 'AB')
#5 src/addons/DBTech/eCommerce/Pub/Controller/Checkout.php(295): DBTech\eCommerce\Repository\Address->validateVatId('HIJKLMN', Object(DBTech\eCommerce\Entity\Address), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): DBTech\eCommerce\Pub\Controller\Checkout->actionProceed(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('DBTech\\eCommerc...', 'Proceed', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(DBTech\eCommerce\Pub\Controller\Checkout), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(DBTech\eCommerce\Pub\Controller\Checkout), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
  }
}
Ha.. That was me. Was indeed unable to insert my VAT number.

So as an American company, would I need to register in each EU country + UK is there a central registration? Would I need to file taxes in each country I sold a product / service or is there a central filing system?

Sorry, I know these are not specific questions to this product.
I have no idea about the tax filing requirements for an American company, sorry :(

Code:

Stack trace

#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
  }
}

Ha.. That was me. Was indeed unable to insert my VAT number.
For both of you; make sure PHP is compiled with Soap support. Ask your hosting provider or server admin for more assistance.

Hello, I know you mentioned this isn't considered a classified addon, but would you ever be open to allowing forum members to select their own payment method instead of forcing admins only to use the addon we can set up so fellow developers can list and sell their own products they post? If you're not open to adding that into the main addon, would you be willing to do custom commission work if paid to support that on our end?

Hello, I know you mentioned this isn't considered a classified addon, but would you ever be open to allowing forum members to select their own payment method instead of forcing admins only to use the addon we can set up so fellow developers can list and sell their own products they post? If you're not open to adding that into the main addon, would you be willing to do custom commission work if paid to support that on our end?
Unfortunately that is not really feasible as it is directly conflicting with the cart feature. Multiple items all have to use the same checkout method.

Can I upload my licenses to digital products? So that the license I downloaded is displayed when I purchase it.

I want to upload a list of my licenses and have each new license issued to a new buyer when buying.

Last edited:
Can I upload my licenses to digital products? So that the license I downloaded is displayed when I purchase it.

I want to upload a list of my licenses and have each new license issued to a new buyer when buying.
I don’t understand what you mean by “upload licenses”, sorry.

I don’t understand what you mean by “upload licenses”, sorry.
I want to sell the keys to the programs as an intermediary. For example, license keys for Windows. Will I be able to do this with Dbtech e-commerce? Will I be able to download my list of keys for Windows. To sell one key in one hand?

I want to sell the keys to the programs as an intermediary. For example, license keys for Windows. Will I be able to do this with Dbtech e-commerce? Will I be able to download my list of keys for Windows. To sell one key in one hand?
eCommerce does have a "Serial Key" product type where you can add a list of serial keys to the product. Each sale will remove a key from the list until

Hello,

I would like to buy this add-on of yours but I did a trial depending on a product you added to your site.
there are some "shortcomings" in the google structured data testing tool. You can see what is happening from the link.

Would you consider a development plan for these?

Hello,

I would like to buy this add-on of yours but I did a trial depending on a product you added to your site.
there are some "shortcomings" in the google structured data testing tool. You can see what is happening from the link.

Would you consider a development plan for these?
There are no relevant “shortcomings” that I can see? 🤔 a few optional fields that are not relevant are omitted, is that what you are referring to?

Yeap, I'm obsessed with seeing everything "complete" :(
As far as I’m concerned, it is all complete. Specifically, the “shipping” related items are literally impossible to define as shipping is chosen by the buyer on checkout.

Which is probably why they are listed as optional as this is far from the only eCommerce product that supports multiple shipping methods based on cart contents ;)

1706651438105.webp

I do not think that these two (actually the same deficiency) deficiencies are related to a submission.

nor do I think that the other two omissions.
So for these, fields can be added to the add-on and at least the option to choose can be left to the user who adds the product.

what do you think?

View attachment 297458

I do not think that these two (actually the same deficiency) deficiencies are related to a submission.

nor do I think that the other two omissions.
So for these, fields can be added to the add-on and at least the option to choose can be left to the user who adds the product.

what do you think?
No, the “priceValidUntil” field should not be added unless the item is on sale. It is completely insane to suggest otherwise. What would you set as the end date? The day in 2038 when 32 bit integer runs out of space? Or that day in the year 4 billion when a 64 bit integer runs out of space?

I can look into adding “priceValidUntil” WHEN the product is on sale, but it will not be included otherwise.

Top Bottom