[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.9.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
😅Hi ahhhh, i'm not sure where to inquire about this so i'll apologize in advance if this isn't the right place.

i really don't know much about all this hardcore computery stuff and am completely stumped by this error thingy that recently began popping up whenever attempting to withdraw credits from the DBTech bank dealy.

Screenshot_2023-05-01-18-29-31-25_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webpScreenshot_2023-05-01-18-29-43-41_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webp

😪 Already spent over $5000 in the last ~3 weeks employing a guy to do this sorta stuff, please tell me there's an easy solution to this that a simpleton like me can effect.

Very hesitant to pay another tech guy coz the one that set all this up charged $1500 just to do the DBTech shop & credits alone and i'm pretty sure he ripped me off.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers

😅Hi ahhhh, i'm not sure where to inquire about this so i'll apologize in advance if this isn't the right place.

i really don't know much about all this hardcore computery stuff and am completely stumped by this error thingy that recently began popping up whenever attempting to withdraw credits from the DBTech bank dealy.

😪 Already spent over $5000 in the last ~3 weeks employing a guy to do this sorta stuff, please tell me there's an easy solution to this that a simpleton like me can effect.

Very hesitant to pay another tech guy coz the one that set all this up charged $1500 just to do the DBTech shop & credits alone and i'm pretty sure he ripped me off.

Cheers
That looks like an incorrectly configured event. Did you set the "Random addition" to a negative number?

Cheers
You definitely got ripped off... Even if you have overly complicated needs, there isn't any reason it would cost you $1500 to have both add-ons setup.

Pretty sure I paid less to have a custom product made, and configuring ~100 variations of that product only took a few hours at most.

How does the admin manage to pay credits to his users?
🤔i'm definitely not qualified for giving advice on this stuff, though i did learn one thing after the guy that set up the DBTech shop & cred add-on set the "Adjust" permission on for every member.

i woke up the following day, logged on 💥 surprise—all members had hundreds of billions and were engaged in a donation war with each other.

The "Adjust" function may be what you're looking for(?)

It's set in the permissions(*😅but be careful to only enable it for Admin)—once that's set, ya can then tap on the credits symbols below the shop on the sidebar—and viola—there should be an option to "Adjust".

You definitely got ripped off... Even if you have overly complicated needs, there isn't any reason it would cost you $1500 to have both add-ons setup.

Pretty sure I paid less to have a custom product made, and configuring ~100 variations of that product only took a few hours at most.
Yeah😄 i've learnt my lesson now.

Totally got hustled.

Hello @DragonByte Tech, I want to create a system where members can pay for certain actions on threads.

Example 1 - I will have a new datetime thread field used to sort threads descending. The field is initially populated by the thread creation date.
Members would pay to 'bump' their threads. This would set the datetime field to the current date time they bump it, thereby pushing it to the top of the thread list. In addition they could pay to auto bump their threads every x hours. Each of these actions would cost different numbers of credits.

Example 2 - members can pay to stick their threads for a limited amount of time. Depending on the amount of time, it would cost a certain number of credits.

The reason why I'm thinking of using this credit system is because it will be more convenient for users to purchase a set number of credits and then use them for various actions than have a payment transactions for each action.

I don't really understand the concept of having different currencies. I would only want to have one type of credit.

And people would only get credits by purchasing them.

Is this credits system appropriate, do you think? And is it easy enough to extend to have new events?

Many thanks in advance.

Hello @DragonByte Tech, I want to create a system where members can pay for certain actions on threads.

Example 1 - I will have a new datetime thread field used to sort threads descending. The field is initially populated by the thread creation date.
Members would pay to 'bump' their threads. This would set the datetime field to the current date time they bump it, thereby pushing it to the top of the thread list. In addition they could pay to auto bump their threads every x hours. Each of these actions would cost different numbers of credits.

Example 2 - members can pay to stick their threads for a limited amount of time. Depending on the amount of time, it would cost a certain number of credits.

The reason why I'm thinking of using this credit system is because it will be more convenient for users to purchase a set number of credits and then use them for various actions than have a payment transactions for each action.

I don't really understand the concept of having different currencies. I would only want to have one type of credit.

Is this credits system appropriate, do you think? And is it easy enough to extend to have new events?

Many thanks in advance.
Both examples are (similarly) possible with DBTech Shop (ignore Game Card as it's a custom product type).

Shop-Options-1.gif
Shop-Options-2.gif

I believe it would also be possible to do this (and extend your current add-on) by using the DBTech Credit events; @Painbaker has done a number of Event integrations for me, and @TickTackk has done custom product types for DBTech Shop.

As far as I know, it isn't terribly difficult to extend events.

Event-Options-1.gif
Event-Options-2.gif
Event-Options-3.gif
Event-Options-4.gif

I explained how I use free/paid currencies in the post about gamification I made recently, but I make a free version that is earned by activity that users can then use to purchase products (or use for actions like content badges) and then a paid version that is used for the same. The free version is used to provide incentive to users, and more often than not they end up buying premium currency. That said, you can have only one currency with DBTech Credits.

Many thanks in advance.
As @Forsaken said, you would also need DB Shop in order to achieve this without custom programming. DB Credits would handle the purchasing of credits for real money, and DB Shop would handle the sticky/bump/similar.

Anyone know if I can upgrade from a 1 year license to Lifetime paying the difference? (I also posted on their site, but I would like to know before purchasing if its possible or not)

Since if I can, I'll get 1 year now and upgrade to lifetime in a couple months or so.

Top Bottom