[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.9.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Event : Daily Activity
Send alert -> ON
Display in transaction log -> OFF

Upon triggered :
Credits earned OK
Not recorded in transaction log OK
New alert showing up but when click on alert page, nothing related to daily activity showing.

Is this a bug or limited feature?

Event : Daily Activity
Send alert -> ON
Display in transaction log -> OFF

Upon triggered :
Credits earned OK
Not recorded in transaction log OK
New alert showing up but when click on alert page, nothing related to daily activity showing.

Is this a bug or limited feature?
I’m confused, you said yourself you turned off the transaction log? It’s not a bug that a transaction you hide from the log is hidden from the log :P

Well, look.. daily activity is not like other most events available. When we have big board with thousands of logging in members per day it would just accumulate the log very fast. Also, this log type would just covering pages with other important log events. So it would hard to see other events since the filter only allow single selection. I hope you could separate between alerts and log transaction for this event.

Will the database takes up a lot of memory if accumulated over 100k rows of logs? Could you provide option to store max logs or probably build some caching for lighten the query?

A user had asked on a website if we could modify the xf_user table, and the response they received was, "We only provide support to users who have purchased a license."

I had purchased a license and asked the following question: "Can I modify the 'xf_user' table?" The response I received was, "No."

So, why are you encouraging people to purchase licenses in this manner? What you're doing is not ethical. I've purchased three licenses from you before, and I've asked questions in the past, but it seems customer satisfaction means nothing to you.

1695134694329.webp

I'm

1695134733069.webp

A user had asked on a website if we could modify the xf_user table, and the response they received was, "We only provide support to users who have purchased a license."
Yes, it is customary for businesses who do not provide a free version of a product to only offer support to users who can demonstrate they have paid for a valid license. By “valid license” I mean “have not purchased a download from a piracy website”.

If you think that this is far-fetched, you would be surprised how many people claim they have paid for a license but what they actually did was send money to the admin of a piracy website to gain access to a download.

You will also notice that XF staff will close your support request here @ XenForo.com if you post your query from an account that has not purchased a license to XenForo.

I had purchased a license and asked the following question: "Can I modify the 'xf_user' table?" The response I received was, "No."
That is correct; there is no way to change the table due to the way the internals of XenForo works. The “Table” label / value is there for historical reasons, as in XF1 it was indeed possible to change the table.

So, why are you encouraging people to purchase licenses in this manner? What you're doing is not ethical.
I would be very interested in hearing how it’s unethical to only answer queries from licensed customers.

I've purchased three licenses from you before, and I've asked questions in the past, but it seems customer satisfaction means nothing to you.
Could you please explain what exactly you were expecting to happen? If it was possible to change the table, there would be an input box, not a text label. I’m struggling to understand your complaint; are you saying that I should make fundamental changes to the XenForo internals in order to accommodate your query in order to meet with your expectation of “customer satisfaction”?

I try to be reasonable and not shoot down feature requests even if the requested changes can’t be made easily, but I just flat out do not understand what you’re expecting.

Could you please clarify?

Yes, it is customary for businesses who do not provide a free version of a product to only offer support to users who can demonstrate they have paid for a valid license. By “valid license” I mean “have not purchased a download from a piracy website”.

If you think that this is far-fetched, you would be surprised how many people claim they have paid for a license but what they actually did was send money to the admin of a piracy website to gain access to a download.

You will also notice that XF staff will close your support request here @ XenForo.com if you post your query from an account that has not purchased a license to XenForo.

That is correct; there is no way to change the table due to the way the internals of XenForo works. The “Table” label / value is there for historical reasons, as in XF1 it was indeed possible to change the table.

I would be very interested in hearing how it’s unethical to only answer queries from licensed customers.

Could you please explain what exactly you were expecting to happen? If it was possible to change the table, there would be an input box, not a text label. I’m struggling to understand your complaint; are you saying that I should make fundamental changes to the XenForo internals in order to accommodate your query in order to meet with your expectation of “customer satisfaction”?

I try to be reasonable and not shoot down feature requests even if the requested changes can’t be made easily, but I just flat out do not understand what you’re expecting.

Could you please clarify?

I truly understand you, but you could have explained this nicely when I first asked.
Moreover, I use everything licensed, including Xenforo, and that includes your plugins.I respect your hard work.
kindly request to return the dbtech credits system. I would appreciate it if you accept.

Top Bottom